“Much better than expected” 4 of 5 stars

Naples Bay Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Fifth Avenue South, Naples, FL 34102   |
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Channel Islands
“Much better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in late January and didn't quite know what to expect having had some rather odd hotels before in Florida in the past, However the experience turned out to be very pleasant.
Check in very friendly and efficient and the room was superb with a view directly overlooking the marina. This is interesting as watching the boats coming and going was very entertaining.
The main hotel doesn't have a restaurant attached and breakfast has to be taken (or you could go off hotel) in the Yacht Club just along the quay which is very nice and there is another restaurant called the Bonefish Grill adjacent and alongside the marina - this was excellent although quite difficult to get into - not sure if its affiliated to the hotel or not but definitely worth visiting.
The odd thing is that the remainder of the hotel is a rather a long walk or short drive along the highway where there is the swimming pool and a small bar/restaurant. Did not really like the arrangement here as you have to pass through a security barrier with a code which did not work so had to speak with someone to let us in - all rather inconvenient.
Tin City is nearby and is definitely worth a visit for lunch or supper as it all happens here with the boats coming and going as is 3rd Avenue for dinner and general people watching - expensive though!
Would definitely return if here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Nicko2
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. Our Club is 8/10’s of a mile or 5-7 minute walk through a little park from the hotel. Once our guests arrive at the Club, they experience 4 pools, a state of the art work out facility and spa. Guests are required to use their room key to gain access to the Club and pool. This insures that only hotel/cottage guests have access to our lovely facilities.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you to Naples, Florida.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Polish first
MInneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have been to Naples a few times, generally stay at the Ritz, or LaPlaya but thought we'd try something different.
The Good: nicely appointed room, stayed in a 1 bedroom 2 bath. Very clean, modern, fresh.
The Mediocre: our room faced out towards a waterway, but the 6 lanes of traffic which run in front of the resort with the constant road noise really detracted from the attractive view. We wanted to enjoy the nice patio overlooking the water but the road noise caused us to close the sliding glass door. Having said that, the doors do block out the noise. The room we had no information about the resort, no do not disturb sign, and in fact I wasn't even sure we had housekeeping as they didn't show up until 4 pm.
The Bad: Location. The location is in no man's land, not near the beach, not near the downtown. Yes, you can walk, but it's a long walk. In reading some of the previous reviews I thought this complex was closer to the downtown than it is and an easy walk, it is not.

In visiting Naples again, unless I have a reason to go to the NBR (meeting, event etc), we will pick a resort that is either in the downtown area for easy walking to shoppes and restaurants, or directly on the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear LaurieAZ

Please note that we do have a Courtesy Shuttle to take and pick up our guests if they wish to go to the beach or downtown. Naples Bay Resort is 1-1/2 miles from the beach and just a 10 minute walk to the center of 5th Avenue.

Orland Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel room was very nice, comfortable bed, nice shower and bath area. The only problem was having to drive to the pool area. You really need to have a car if you stay here. There is no where to get coffee in the morning, you can use the in room coffee maker but I'm not a fan. Enjoyed eating at the Bonefish Grill which is on the property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Kadanjoe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We do offer coffee each morning in the Yacht Club from 7:00am to 11:00am. We have 4 resort pools at The Club which is 8/10’s of a mile away and a very nice walk through a little park. Our Shuttle service is also available to all guests who stay at the hotel to be driven to the Club / pool areas. The Shuttle is also available to all guests whether they stay at the hotel or cottages to be transported downtown or the beach with pick up.

We are pleased that you found out resort beautiful with comfortable rooms and look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days and have nothing but great things to say! The resort is clean, friendly and well staffed. They treat their guests as friends and make you feel very important. My husband and I are both in the resort industry and took many training ideas home to our staff! Be sure to have lunch poolside, or take the shuttle to the beach. They are so accomidating. The shuttle being available for dinner out or the beach is an awesome amenity!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Nbertz
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We are happy that our staff made you felt important and that you enjoyed lunch pool side. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Naples Florida, that you will be staying with us again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stated here for a week. Has booked a deal inc breakfast direct With the hotel much cheaper than any online website. Had booked a one bedroom apartment but on arrival were upgraded to a huge two bedroom apartment with numerous amenities. Excellent pool area spa and Gym just five minutes walk away from the main hotel. Only criticism is I do not like resort fee so why not just increase the price by the resort fee? We will definitely be back, maybe in November at half the room rate!

• Stayed January 2013
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear MikeDel59

We appreciate your comment regarding the resort fees. The resort fee of $24 includes a daily USA Today newspaper, free Valet parking, internet usage, and the shuttle which takes our guests downtown and to the beach along with a pick up.

We look forward to your November stay!

london- Tuscany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I reserved this Hotel coming from Miami as I wanted a nice resort facing the water with a good service,.
When i arrived I had to wait 3 hours for my room, ( and i arrived at 3pm not at 8 am ), They kindly upgraded me to a bigger room but happend to be in the Cottage area (15min walk) from the resort so not what i had expected, plus I was on my own so no point to give me an appartmnet with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms as a courtesy,would had prefered to stay in the main building.
You need a car to go to naples center area, they offer a shuttle bus but this departs from main hotel and not from the cottages so I either had to walk to the main lobby or drive my car.
Internet wi fi in the cottage was not working well I asked for some support but this never arrived.
The reservation was made with booking.com I asked if was possible to depart one day ahead but anyway I had to pay all the full rate as the cancellation policy expected.
I own 3 resorts in Tuscany , Italy and work with Booking.com since many years but despite the policy I try to mak my clients happy and if they are not happy with the rooms and desire to depart one day in advance I try not to charge the room ..not always is possible I understand but i give it a try....this never happened at the front desk .
I have many friends traveling to Naples but I will for sure reccomend a hotel near the city center or Naples Bay main building and NOT the cottages.

Room Tip: do not go in the cottages area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Maserati3200

We apologize for the check in wait and that you were not pleased with staying in one of our Cottages (they are 8/10th’s of a mile away from the hotel or a 5 to 7 minute walk through a beautiful park). Our shuttle takes our guests downtown with pick up not only at the Hotel but The Cottages as well. We have hotel phones in the Cottages for our guests to call the Front Desk Agent to arrange for the shuttle to pick up our guests.

New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked the NBR since it got such high ratings on TripAdvisor. While I'm sure it may be a great place to stay, I would know because the botched my reservation. I had prepaid a room via Orbitz.

When I got there I was told that they were 'upgrading' our reso to a 'cottage'. Sounds great. Turns out tho the cottage was a mile away in a semi-attached residential section. The hotel rep didnt even have the sense to give me an address. She just circled an area on the map. It didnt sound right. They told me there was a problem with the A/C in the original room (which I paid extra for a bay view). When I questioned this I was told I would now have a view of 'The Clubhouse'. I went to go check it out and after getting lost due to no direction I finally found it and was utterly disappointed. The apartment decor furniture and odor reminded of what you may expect when visiting one's grandparents.

Upon returning to the lobby the evening manager while nice enough to offer waiving the 22$ hospitality fee said there was nothing she could do. Utter incompetence. So after a 4 hour drive I had to deal with an hour and a half or run-around and ultimately ended up having to get a room at the Le Quinta Inn across the street.

It just was not the way to handle a customer. I felt deceived and the staff just did not do the right thing.

Room Tip: Do not go for 'The Cottage Upgrade"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear AllenA

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for any issues that you experienced at the time of your check in. It is unfortunate that you did not find our Cottages to your liking. Our Cottages are located 8/10’s of mile from the hotel. Cottage guests feel as though it’s their “home away from home”. The Cottages offer our guests a residential lifestyle experience with resort amenities and services. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens and tucked away throughout the property, The Cottages are the perfect alternative for longer stays or families, corporate travelers or residential renovations. Complete with thoughtful amenities, tropical décor, and inspiring views, our 108 spacious two and three bedroom accommodations feature a variety of amenities for both your convenience and comfort.

Best Regards,

Been to Naples Bay Resort? Share your experiences!