“Beautiful, comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 58 hotels in Naples
Orland Park, Illinois
“Beautiful, comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel room was very nice, comfortable bed, nice shower and bath area. The only problem was having to drive to the pool area. You really need to have a car if you stay here. There is no where to get coffee in the morning, you can use the in room coffee maker but I'm not a fan. Enjoyed eating at the Bonefish Grill which is on the property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Kadanjoe,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We do offer coffee each morning in the Yacht Club from 7:00am to 11:00am. We have 4 resort pools at The Club which is 8/10’s of a mile away and a very nice walk through a little park. Our Shuttle service is also available to all guests who stay at the hotel to be driven to the Club / pool areas. The Shuttle is also available to all guests whether they stay at the hotel or cottages to be transported downtown or the beach with pick up.

We are pleased that you found out resort beautiful with comfortable rooms and look forward to seeing you again soon.

807 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days and have nothing but great things to say! The resort is clean, friendly and well staffed. They treat their guests as friends and make you feel very important. My husband and I are both in the resort industry and took many training ideas home to our staff! Be sure to have lunch poolside, or take the shuttle to the beach. They are so accomidating. The shuttle being available for dinner out or the beach is an awesome amenity!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Nbertz
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We are happy that our staff made you felt important and that you enjoyed lunch pool side. We hope that if your travels bring you back to Naples Florida, that you will be staying with us again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stated here for a week. Has booked a deal inc breakfast direct With the hotel much cheaper than any online website. Had booked a one bedroom apartment but on arrival were upgraded to a huge two bedroom apartment with numerous amenities. Excellent pool area spa and Gym just five minutes walk away from the main hotel. Only criticism is I do not like resort fee so why not just increase the price by the resort fee? We will definitely be back, maybe in November at half the room rate!

• Stayed January 2013
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear MikeDel59

We appreciate your comment regarding the resort fees. The resort fee of $24 includes a daily USA Today newspaper, free Valet parking, internet usage, and the shuttle which takes our guests downtown and to the beach along with a pick up.

We look forward to your November stay!

london- Tuscany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I reserved this Hotel coming from Miami as I wanted a nice resort facing the water with a good service,.
When i arrived I had to wait 3 hours for my room, ( and i arrived at 3pm not at 8 am ), They kindly upgraded me to a bigger room but happend to be in the Cottage area (15min walk) from the resort so not what i had expected, plus I was on my own so no point to give me an appartmnet with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms as a courtesy,would had prefered to stay in the main building.
You need a car to go to naples center area, they offer a shuttle bus but this departs from main hotel and not from the cottages so I either had to walk to the main lobby or drive my car.
Internet wi fi in the cottage was not working well I asked for some support but this never arrived.
The reservation was made with booking.com I asked if was possible to depart one day ahead but anyway I had to pay all the full rate as the cancellation policy expected.
I own 3 resorts in Tuscany , Italy and work with Booking.com since many years but despite the policy I try to mak my clients happy and if they are not happy with the rooms and desire to depart one day in advance I try not to charge the room ..not always is possible I understand but i give it a try....this never happened at the front desk .
I have many friends traveling to Naples but I will for sure reccomend a hotel near the city center or Naples Bay main building and NOT the cottages.

Room Tip: do not go in the cottages area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Maserati3200

We apologize for the check in wait and that you were not pleased with staying in one of our Cottages (they are 8/10th’s of a mile away from the hotel or a 5 to 7 minute walk through a beautiful park). Our shuttle takes our guests downtown with pick up not only at the Hotel but The Cottages as well. We have hotel phones in the Cottages for our guests to call the Front Desk Agent to arrange for the shuttle to pick up our guests.

New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked the NBR since it got such high ratings on TripAdvisor. While I'm sure it may be a great place to stay, I would know because the botched my reservation. I had prepaid a room via Orbitz.

When I got there I was told that they were 'upgrading' our reso to a 'cottage'. Sounds great. Turns out tho the cottage was a mile away in a semi-attached residential section. The hotel rep didnt even have the sense to give me an address. She just circled an area on the map. It didnt sound right. They told me there was a problem with the A/C in the original room (which I paid extra for a bay view). When I questioned this I was told I would now have a view of 'The Clubhouse'. I went to go check it out and after getting lost due to no direction I finally found it and was utterly disappointed. The apartment decor furniture and odor reminded of what you may expect when visiting one's grandparents.

Upon returning to the lobby the evening manager while nice enough to offer waiving the 22$ hospitality fee said there was nothing she could do. Utter incompetence. So after a 4 hour drive I had to deal with an hour and a half or run-around and ultimately ended up having to get a room at the Le Quinta Inn across the street.

It just was not the way to handle a customer. I felt deceived and the staff just did not do the right thing.

Room Tip: Do not go for 'The Cottage Upgrade"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear AllenA

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for any issues that you experienced at the time of your check in. It is unfortunate that you did not find our Cottages to your liking. Our Cottages are located 8/10’s of mile from the hotel. Cottage guests feel as though it’s their “home away from home”. The Cottages offer our guests a residential lifestyle experience with resort amenities and services. Surrounded by lush tropical gardens and tucked away throughout the property, The Cottages are the perfect alternative for longer stays or families, corporate travelers or residential renovations. Complete with thoughtful amenities, tropical décor, and inspiring views, our 108 spacious two and three bedroom accommodations feature a variety of amenities for both your convenience and comfort.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very spacious accommodation, with big bathroom/shower/2 WCs and good kitchen. Had a problem with both TVs but they responded well and provided free breakfasts for 2 days. Spa staff - very attentive, with a good range of treatments

Room Tip: best to choose blocks 1 and 2, rather than 3 as they have views over marina
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear KHM911
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. Our goal is to provide outstanding service along with a memorable experience for all of our guests. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit should your travels bring to back to Naples.

High Point, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage. The cottages are on a separate road down a block from the hotel and are gated. Very quiet at the cottages. The pools, workout area, spa and poolside restaurant are at the Cottages not at the hotel. They did a fantastic job setting up the pool and workout areas.We rated this 10/10. There is an adult only section with a wonderful heated lap pool, a circular pool and a hot tub. There is a very warm lazy river and large pool for families with a waterfall. My son worked out everyday in the gym. He rated it a 10/10 for resort gyms. The glass from one section of the gym looks out on the adult section of pools. It is so nice to be able to order a drink, lunch or snacks at the pools. The staff circulate constantly to bring you whatever you need. They have ice water stations set up. The lounge chairs are big and made of metal. Very sturdy and able to hold at least 350 - 400 pounds or more. ( Not the cheap plastic ones some resorts have) We saw a number of larger people at the pool. They also have about 10 covered cabanas with the cabana beds underneath that you can reserve. There is a children's play ground near the pool ( behind gates) and the tennis courts are near the pool.The waterfalls and trees make this a wonderful spot to spend hours relaxing. You need a key card to get into the pool area. The pools are open from 8:00 am until sunset. The gym stays open longer, until 9:00 pm most nights. We have already booked for next year. Naples is very easy to get around. Naples, Estero, and Fort Myers are all withing a 35 - 40 minute drive on either Highway 75 or the 41. Lots of good restaurants and great shopping. We were very impressed with the Naples Bay Resort and are looking forward to next year.

Room Tip: Stay at the cottages if you can.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cathy A, Manager at Naples Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear DebHighPoint_NC

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Naples Bay Resort. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our lovely hotel and that you were able to advantage of all the benefits the Club has to offer (spa, pool, Blue Water, gym). We look forward to your stay with us next year!

Best Regards,

Been to Naples Bay Resort? Share your experiences!