“Customer service issue needs attention” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charlie Chiang's

Charlie Chiang's
12200 Tamiami Trail N (Rte 41), Naples, FL 34110 (North Naples)
239-593-6688
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #139 of 800 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Neighborhood: North Naples
Description: With an authentic menu and a stylish, modern ambience, Charlie Chiang’s takes Chinese to a whole new level. It’s delicious down to the details – martinis, wines by the glass, Asian beers, and heavenly desserts. Blend this with the neo-classical culinary stylings of Sushi Chef George Chang and you’ll see why Charlie Chiang’s has been part of the essential Naples dining experience.The menu offers both traditional favorites and unique dishes such as: Peking Duck (curved at tableside), Creamy Walnut Shrimp, Lamb 3-Cup "Pot Au Feu", Thai Red Curry Chicken, Dancing Red Snapper, and Garlic Purple Eggplant & Tofu. Al fresco dining is available, with beautiful riverfront views.
Fort Myers Beach
“Customer service issue needs attention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We drive over 20 miles to go to Charlie Chiang's quite often as it is the BEST Asian food we have ever tasted. So last night we took a friend there and arrived and were seated a few minutes before 6:00pm. As we waited for the wait staff we noticed the advertisement on the table for appetizers at happy hour prices until 6:00pm Well it took a few minutes for the wait staff to arrive at our table and we attempted to order a happy hour priced appetizer we were told that it was 6:03 and we were too late. After we tried to explain that we were seated before 6:00 pm the waitstaff said that they could not over ride the computer system and happy hour was over. Please note that we were not arriving at 6:00 to take advantage of the happy hour special, we simply notice the advertisement on the table. As many times that we have patronized this business and so many people we have told about this place, it was a slap in the face. I don't know if I will ever go back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CCNAPLES, Manager at Charlie Chiang's, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
On behalf of Charlie Chiang's management team I would like to apologize for your experience.
I only wish management would have been approached immediately. This issue will be addressed right away. Our goal here at Charlie Chiang's is to continuously improve and ensure our customers have a wonderful dining experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope you will return and give us an opportunity to serve you again.

Charlie Chiang's management Team.

Miami Beach, Florida
“Great food, just disappointed over happy hour comment from waiter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The place has great food, but I think sometimes the staff forgets the customer is always right. We went for a 25 mile drive to get there and love the food, and happy hour specials. We got in the door just before 6pm. We were seated right away, and then it took the waitress about 10 mins to come to us with menus. I said, we are still good for happy hour right? She said oh no, sorry, its 6:08 now and you were seated at 6:03. My friends where really upset in the way she said that like we were not important to her. She said it will come up in the computer that you order after 6pm and will not honor it. He said that's bull, we were here by 6 and now your making a issue of 3 minutes you say we were seated. She said, ok ok, let me try and put it in. We ordered over $80 in food and drink. Management needs to train staff to not answer the customer like that. We've been going there for a few years and sent a lot of people over there, but the point is let your customer feel important, don't scold them for saying they were seated 3 mins after 6. Its sounds like a joke, but its not. Other than that the food is great and the service is typically great too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cleveland, Ohio
“great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

great food way better then Pf Changs and it was attached to our hotel which was great! The food was fresh and the restaurant was very clean. Our service and food came out very quick. I will return

Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“The place was pumping”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Family and I drove over from Miami for Labor Day weekend, staying at the hotel next door so we decided to check it out. Amazing!!! The food was great! Thanks red curry chicken was delicious. The place was packed and we still got great service. We had a sushi dish named Billy the kid, being from Miami I know ceviche!! This thing was the bomb! We will be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
dublin
“Execrable. Lousy service and Lousy food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My starter of tangy dumplings was stone cold. As I looked in vain for our waitress I could see she was busy talking to a table at the other end of the restaurant.We never saw her again till the very end when she presented the bill. Other equally harried satff served us between interminable delays.I watched our waitress as there was nothing else to do - we certainly were not eating. Chaos reigned as she scurried to and from the Sushi station where despite her pleading she was unable to get the one chef stationed there to hurry up. The couple next to us sat stonefaced as the husband finished his entree. His wife looked on with nothing for her to eat. The waitress offered her condolences and said she was doing all she could but the Sushi chef was snowed under and she was unable to give her an estimate of when her food would arrive.

I wiped a soy sauce smear off the sticky table top and told my wife I could not wait any longer and that we should go. Just then the main courses arrived - Crispy Beef and half a Peking Duck. Truly awful fare. We ate about two spoonfuls each and then left with churning stomachs and me with a burning desire to visit a rest room. They did accept to take off the charge for the cold starter. But USD$64.00 was a high price to pay for rubbish like that.

• Visited August 2013