“Excellent food and ambiance” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Real Macaw is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #283 of 803 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Finland
“Excellent food and ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I visited here twice in March. Food was excellent in both times. I think I could live one month eating only "Trinidadian" Crab Cakes and "Island Hopping" Seafood Chowder, also Down Island Chicken was delicious. Service was very friendly, and although we did not have reservation they managed to arrange a table for us. And the appetiser, it is something unique.

Brevard, North Carolina
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is my second review of the Real Macaw. My first was close to a rave, but a recent experience was disappointing for two reasons. First, although my food was pretty good, several others in our party of 12 said their choice was poor at best. Most of these ordered the chicken quesadilla, which was puny, dry, and tasteless, according to what they all said. The second thing was the restaurant's refusal to give us separate checks. As anyone knows, women do not like to evenly split a big check. We also do not like to do all the math necessary to figure out our individual shares. In fact, this group, which eats out every week, will not go to a restaurant that won't give us separate checks. We have eaten at the Real Macaw once in the past and had no problems getting individual checks. Alas for this restaurant, it is now off our list of places we'll return to. Oh yes, WHEN will they learn that we tip better if we get separate checks?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“One of my favorites!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of friends in Naples for the wknd. We wanted to treat them to our local hotspot! The atmosphere is Carribean and just a fun place! I split a salad and had the chicken entree. The service always great. Thanks, Tom!! Sat night live music. We nailed it with a group of 6. Everyone loved the food, service and atmosphere!

Bend, Oregon
“What a jewel...I almost don't even want to share how special this place is lest it gets too busy for MY next visit which will be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We had heard about the Real Macaw from some Naples locals only recently and stopped in to check it out. Wow, are we glad we did! This place looks small from the road but is actually a collection of a few buildings with a covered outdoor seating area in between and is incredible! Absolutely adorable, "Keys" style decore with a real macaw bird! Great service, wonderful menu. I had a curry chicken dish that was very tasty and my husband loved his salad and sandwich as well. It has become my new favorite place in Naples and I almost hate to write about it lest it becomes crowded with tourists....but I just had to share. Find it! It's a must for your Naples visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice suprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a tiny little restarant, that is very easy to drive by and not notice if you aren't looking. It is very casual, but the food and drinks were great! We sat outside on the porch, so I don't know how it is inside. We felt like we were tucked away on a carribean island! There really is a real macaw too! It is huge and very loud! Fun to watch tho!