“Love it every time!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chops City Grill

Chops City Grill
837 5th Ave South, Naples, FL 34103 (Old Naples)
+1 239-262-4677
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops City Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 753 Restaurants in Naples
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Description: We would like to welcome you to Chops City Grill.A steak house that is a cut above! At Chops City Grill, we are proud to offer you more choices, better quality, and more value than traditional steak houses. Chops City Grill is a restaurant that was created to offer the best in steaks, seafood, and style... A steak house can and should be exciting!At Chops City Grill, we feature our own dry aged New York Strip Steaks, T-Bones, and Filets. We also specialize in fresh local seafood, hand-rolled sushi, and stir frys. Chops City Grill has a big city feel with a 300 bottle wine list and the best martinis in town!Our staff is here to make you feel at home, to serve you with a smile and duty reminiscent of the great steak houses of old. If you have any questions about dry aged beef, our wine list, small batch bourbons, tequilas, or single malt scotches, please ask.We love what we do and hope you do too!At Chops City Grill, we are one of a handful of restaurants in the country that takes the time to dry age our beef on premise in our own dry aging room. Each steak is perfectly aged until it reaches its maximum flavor and tenderness. Although this time-honored method is achieved through great expense, care and diligence, we are convinced that this old fashioned process is the only way to insure perfection for A SERIOUS STEAK...FROM A SERIOUS STEAK HOUSE!™
“Love it every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My husband too me here for my birthday and I loved it, as I always do! Love the Caesar salad and the filet is always cooked perfectly. One of the best restaurants in Naples, hands down.

Culinary_Concepts, Guest Relations Manager at Chops City Grill, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
Dear Love it every time ~ Thank you so much for the high praise….come celebrate with us anytime , we look forwarding to seeing you again!

Naples, Florida
“Fantastic Meal with amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We have been to Chops several times. We always have had Great food! The food is consistent and outstanding. Tonight our service was particularly outstanding, and we can thank William for that. We will request William when we return! He is extremely efficient, attentive and personable. William anticipates your needs, but gives you the appropriate space in which to dine and enjoy. Once again I cannot offer enough praise to this wonderful, delicious restaurant and Williams service!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Culinary_Concepts, Guest Relations Manager at Chops City Grill, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Fantastic Meal ~ Thank you so much for your kind words especially about our fantastic guy, Sir William, he has been with us since day one.....and he bring out the best in all of us!
Miami, Florida
“Great steakhouse with contemporary selections”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice list of cocktails, suberb beer and wine selection (with great recommendations by waitress), standard steakhouse selections, creative appetizers, salads, and sides. We had delicious Hamachi, shrimp cocktail, wedge salad for starters. Awesome dry-aged steaks. Try the loaded potatoes which are more like mashed potatoes with the baked potato toppings inside- yum! Pricey, for sure but the food quality is excellent and it is a nice place to enjoy with your family- plenty of choices to please kids and parents.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear Great Steakhouse ~ Thank you for your kind comments & for pointing out our quality….we pride ourselves on just that! We hope to see you and your family real soon.
Oil City, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went here to celebrate my 50th birthday and my husbands retirement. We had phenomenal bloody Mary's from a fun bartender. Our waiter was "different". We ordered our drinks and appetizers. 20 minutes went by after receiving our appetizers and had to ask to have our dinner order taken and our drinks. When you are spending in excess of $350+ for a celebratory meal you expect service to be "top notch" after seeing him attending to the next table we had to "ask" to have our dinner order taken! The second part of our meal was amazing! I ordered a center cut filet and it was honestly the best I have ever had! The New York strips that the others had paled in comparison! I highly recommend having the center cut filet!

Culinary_Concepts, Guest Relations Manager at Chops City Grill, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Fabulous ~ We are very happy that you’re happy! But of course your service should have been just as fabulous as the food….and for that we are sorry, if you can think of your server’s name
(it’s also on the check) please give us a call…..and Thank You!
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Be careful if you have an allergy or dietary restriction!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you have a dietary restriction or allergy, then you need to rethink this as your choice to dine at! I have an allergy to mango and papaya and specifically told the waiter who I saw write it down and chose the Terriyaki seabass to be made without it. There was "confusion" (so I was told) as to how to prepare my meal, so the waiter came back to clarify and I reiterated how I wanted it made. They ignored my instructions, put all the different sauces in small ramekins and let me assemble my own dish, BUT THEY BROUGHT ME THE BERRY BERRY CHOW CHOW, which is the MANGO AND PAPAYA! Had I not asked the ingredients in all the different ramekins on my plate, I would have eaten it! No apology, no manager visit to our table, no nothing so I wrote an email to the corporate office. I did receive a callback, but was informed by the person who called me, that the executive chef was "confused" and that "they did me a favor", by placing all the ingredients on the side for me. Huh? How is bringing me the ALLERGIC ingredient on my plate a favor? He didn't offer me another chance to dine at the restaurant to make it right by sending some type of gift certificate, didn't invite me back, didn't do anything but say they were going to use this as a teaching experience. Paid way too much for a mistake like that with absolutely no effort to rectify it for their customer especially when you send corporate an email to let this know this happened! If this is read by the management, you know who this is and can contact me to do the right thing!

Visited June 2014
Culinary_Concepts, Guest Relations Manager at Chops City Grill, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear ebayqueen11266 As you know we have talked to you and really don’t feel that we did anything wrong, and although if we could do it all over again we would all wish the communication could have been better & the result much more satisfactory. We are truly sorry we did not deliver to your expectations, but we feel it’s unfair to try & exploit this miscommunication for financial gain. Culinary Concepts takes every customer’s dietary restriction and food allergies very very seriously, if we did not handle your dish the way you needed it done we are immensely sorry, but in all food allergy situations communication is key.