“Best scallops ever!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mereday's Fine Dining

Mereday's Fine Dining
1500 5th Avenue South, Naples, FL 34102 (Formerly Mereday's at Naples Bay Resort)
239-732-0784
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Best scallops ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

It is hard to beat the view sitting outside Mereday's overlooking the marina at the Naples Bay Resort. So one might be inclined to give the food a slight pass, but no need. My meal was exquisite, so much so that I came back two nights later. The appetizer scallops were the best I have ever had, and lived up to my expectation when I ordered them again the second night. The restaurant has a wonderful format of three or four courses that leave you very satisfied but not stuffed. And dessert is an added complimentary bonus! The presentations were top notch and the flavors superb. Can't wait to come back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Athens, Georgia
“Average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This restaurant does not do fine dining. It is miles away from being a michelin starred restaurant.

On arrival we were told that we could only sit at the bar if we wanted a la carte otherwise we had to have the very limited selection fixed price menu.

We chose the fixed price menu. The food was average - the steak tartare along with many of the other dishes had too much salt. Presentation of the dishes was not up to fine dining standards. The only dish that merited a fine dining label was the scallops.

We had a table close to the window so were able to see the marina and ambience and atmosphere were quite good without being exceptional.

I had fish so we ordered a French Bergundy wine which was not even chilled and we had to wait for the ice bath to bring it down to drinking temperature. Nat at all what we would expect from a top restaurant.

The only thing about this restaurant that was top flight was the bill! With tip the price was over $300 for two people.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dixon, Illinois
“Outstanding food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I met with family to surprise his Dad for his birthday. The staff was amazing and went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed at all times. We all chose the four course meal and it was fantastic. I am not a seafood person but I want to like seafood. The menu allowed me to try some different things and I actually loved my grouper I had. The sticky toffee pudding is to die for. I highly recommend doing the wine pairings as well. We all loved the ambience and we will definitely be back.

Pittsford, New York
“Best food in Naples?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I have always believed the restaurants with the best food in Naples are not on 5th Ave. or 3rd St. Our first visit to Mereday's confirmed this believe. A very creative and diverse menu with a number of dishes I could have tried. I highly recommend the shrimp creole. We were there with two other couples and we tried a number of menu items and everyone raved about the food. The restaurant is spacious, quite and in a pretty setting but it is a little out of the way from downtown Naples. I highly recommend you give Mereday's a try. We are definitely going back there this season.

Visited March 2014
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Best restaurant in Naples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Have been here twice now and had to write after I read the ridiculous review from Bonita Springs especially the line "granted we are from New York" so what!
We had 2 excellent meals with an amazing array of choices from superb chicken to fish dishes, escargots, filet and sweetbreads. Wonderful crab cakes and very nice wines.
Tucked away in Naples Bay Resort not far from town and we had no trouble finding it .
This is a very talented kitchen. Service is a bit inconsistent at times but always pleasent and helpful. Much better than the new spots on 5 th.
Best kept secret in Naples!

Visited March 2014