“You cannot tell a book by its cover.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #253 of 803 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Mooresville, North Carolina
“You cannot tell a book by its cover.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nor can you tell the quality of food you'll receive in a restaurant by its decor, externally or internally. After reading reviews for Bamz Deli & Grill, we had to try it. And, my wife and I were very happy we did. The food was very good ( Ruben for my and fried oysters for my wife) Both portions were larger than normal. My sandwich was about twice the size I expected and came with chips and very good coleslaw. The oyster meal came with about a dozen large fried oysters and very good French Fries. Wine or beer are available although the selection is not large. This is a very unpretentious place that serves very good food and lots of it. There is one table outside and 10 - 12 inside. Owned and operated by a husband and wife who were friendly and inviting. We will definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“surprisingly delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant was very deceptive. From the outside it looks honestly, like a hole in the wall. On entry the staff is very nice and the place is clean. ALL the food our group ordered was delicious. Roast beef, grouper, corned beef, hamburgers and hotdogs. The slaw was even great. The service was a little slow but it was one person so not her fault. I would recommend this to anyone in that area!

• Visited November 2013
Colorado Springs
“Huge grouper to die for! 10.5 oz. hamburgers/fries 6.95!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Whopping good deal. You would pass this place by, and we did, but had hubby do a go round. So glad we did. That was the best fish I've ever had in Florida ever. Best fish anywhere and I've had a lot of fish. Lightly coated in corn meal, fried gently, huge portions of fish and fries and great cole slaw. About 1:30 PM in afternoon on a weekday for the "fresh fish" special of 13.99. What a treat! I raved to the owners and I'm raving to you. Don't miss Bamz!

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Strange place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

When the only other customer is a man sitting at the bar it is not a good sign, especially at 12:30 on a Sat. The fish sandwich was a fish I had never heard but I tried it anyway...not bad...not good either...fries nice and crisp. The cook was a strange looking woman who was involved in a long discussion about cat rescue with a women who walked in. A afternoon waitress came and while mixing cocktail sauce stuck her finger in it to taste it. Then two other women appeared and started putting Halloween stickers on the window. I felt like I was in a Time warp. This place is not worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Dont judge a book by it's cover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Bamz was recommended to us by a number of locals in Naples and it looks quite shabby from the outside but is well worth a visit. Really good food, huge portions and fantastic value. My wife had fried Oysters which were really nicely cooked that came with great fries and I had an excellent Reuben Sandwich, both meals with a couple of imported beers was just over $32 so very good value!

• Visited May 2013