“Different Atmosphere.....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bha! Bha! Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 831 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion, Healthy, Persian
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night Food, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Bha! Bha! Is an innovative Persian bistro. A chic south Florida Persian inspired and influenced BISTRO. The interior is very sharp and elegant,.. 5Th avenue chic yet with some Persian touches. It "resembles a Persian jewel box". It features classic Persian food as well as Persian fusion food. I have always billed it as that. In fact the word "INNOVATIVE" appears on our marquis and websites and other various advertisements; yes, even on this very site. Popular classic items such the authentic Ghorme Sabzi, Fesenjune, Bademjune, Halleem and Kashke` Bademjune , Aash soup and all Chelo kabobs are all present on the menu. More than half of the menu is dedicated to other various fusion food: shrimp, fresh fish, seafood, couscous, paella etc......Innovative techniques with Persian inspirations. The menu price range is in line with our neighboring restaurants here in downtown Naples. This is a Bon Appetit recommended and James Beard recognized restaurant. Although I am constantly inspired by all other cuisines, but my food should not be stereotyped with Arabic, Turkish, Indian, etc. Or any other single ethnicity. My signature food at Bha! Bha! Bistro remains just that. My signature cooking here includes many dishes on my menu that perhaps are not seen or recognized in a typical Persian restaurant. Although all the classic Persian ingredients like pomegranates, mint, saffron, rose water, turmeric, cardamom, pistachios, basmati rice, etc...Are used here, however they are not all packaged into one entree. Among the 3 dozens items on my menu some are packed with flavors and some are kept low key for the respect of diners who may not be too enthusiastic about overwhelmingly pungent flavors. My staff will go out of their way to guide the dinners into a perfect union with their choices. I invite you to come over and allow me to entice all your culinary senses by what I have created over the past 27 years. Eagerly welcoming you. Michael Mir, exec. Chef/Owner
“Different Atmosphere.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I prefer this place for lunch, I enjoyed the Lamb Burgers very much and they do a dish with Lamb and Tamerind which was very good also.

Visited December 2011

Rock Island, Tennessee
“Absolutely wonderful!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We took a group of 14 tonight and the service was absolutely excellent!! The food was exquisite and the chef came to our table to check on us! The owner also visited to make sure we were pleased and to invite us again. There was nothing that was not perfect. Will definitely return and also recommend!!

Naples, Florida
“Great experience on beautiful 5th Avenue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Finally, the wait was over for one of my favorite restaurants to re-open on 5th after relocating from Vanderbilt. The ambience of the new space was superp and the dining experience top notch. You can't find such an interesting menu and eclectic cuisine anywhere else in Naples that has the flair of Bha Bha!! LOVED the new space...loved the new wine choices and the full bar was an added bonus :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food, dining at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We came here on a Friday night and were seated immediately. The chef happened to be at the front door and greeted us warmly. Just know that they have apparently moved to a new location on 5th Ave so the Vanderbilt address is not correct. Because of the move they only had a limited menu. But let me say the food was phenomenal!! My husband had the beef kabob combo and I had the mango shrimp and they were out of this world. We had the baklava for dessert and that was very nice. A different take on the usual. Our waiter was great and lively and informative. He took great care of us without being obtrusive.
The ambience and decor are lovely.
My only complaint would be they charged us $8 for a small dish of plain rice for our 4 year old daughter. That just seemed a little excessive.

Naples, Florida
“Disappointing for an old favorite.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I don't know what has changed, but the food was not good this time. The place looks nice and cozy but they need to improve the service and change their food quality. We paid top $ for very low quality food, basically just rice and cheap meats.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
michael m, Owner at Bha! Bha! Bistro, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for choosing to dine with us on the3rd day of our opening. We just relocated to 5th Ave south in downtown Naples. Menu was being offered only in portions during our soft opening week. Much more exciting things are added daily now; Florida fresh fish, Sheeshleek( rack of lamb with baghali polo), Persian style seafood khoreshes and paella and duck in Pomegranate sauce and gradually much more.
The starches will also be varied soon , Lentils, cous cous and feta potatoes are added now. Should you wish to return, I trust that you will find the menu much more variable and the kitchen totally adjusted.
Michael Mir