“Garlic rolls” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Giovanni Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 800 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Napa Blvd. & Vineyards Blvd.
Description: We are open for lunch Mob-Fri 11pm-3:30pm & Dinner Mon-Sat 4pm-10pm, Sun 4pm-9pm. Offering Take-out (including our Large, Medium, Small Pizza's), and Catering.We also offer 2 Happy Hour Options for our customers: If your into the bar scene our Bar Happy Hour Served Daily 4pm-7pm (50% off all house wine by the glass, all bottled & draft beers, well drinks, pearl vodka, Russian standard vodka, our entire martini, Bellini's, classic cocktails list's & Over 9 Bar appetizers under $5). Get there the bar gets crowded!If you Have Passion for great wine at a great price then You'll Love our "Happiest Wine Hour" Daily from 4pm-6:30pm (50% Off Our Entire Wine List in our Main Dinning Room with the purchase of 2 entrees and applies to only wine bottles)Our family arrived in America fromCarini, Sicily and Pr. Avellino, Naples, Italyover forty years ago. They were in search ofa better life for themselves and for future generations. Deep rooted in our family traditions are a welcoming nature, delicious food and a strong family structure. These are the traditions that we based the foundation of our restaurant upon.Giovanni's opened in 1999 and our family's passion for food and love of Italy keeps us dedicated to serving the freshest and most authentic Italian cuisine in all of Naples. -The Conigliaro Family
“Garlic rolls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate here for the firts time last Friday. Nice atomosphere inside, if maybe a little dark. Good crowd, which is a good sign. No reservations, but we were seated quickly. The service was excellent and we all loved our entrees, except my wife who oredred the filet mignon salad- she said it just wasn't what she was hoping for. The garlic rolls are addictive- be careful or you will eat too many

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

naples fl
“The Best...Hands Down..No Competition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

As a transplant New Yorker this is by far the best Italian food south of Mulberry Street. We are always promptly greeted and the service has always been excellent. Their lasagna comes in second only to my wife's, and the salads are just the right size with excellent home made dressing. Oh by the way, the dinner rolls are to die for. This is our go to restaurant, and the pasta is second to none. Red sauce melts in your mouth. Bon appetite!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“Inconsistant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It's hard to review this restaurant because my experiences range from very good to pretty poor. It's close to where I live so sometimes it's just convenient which, I guess, is why I keep trying it.
I've eaten there probably 10 times and gotten take-out pizza about a dozen times. I'll confine my review to dining in. It's located in a non-descript shopping center so atmosphere isn't why one would go there so that pretty much leaves food and service. The appetizers are so-so with nothing standing out and we've tried several things. The house salad is likewise undistinguished. The garlic knots they serve with dinner are very good but, hey, it's a piece of baked dough with garlic and cheese so how can you mess that up? Probably the best thing I've had is the manicotti. It's made the right way with a homemade crepe and filled with a perfectly seasoned ricotta mixture. I've had it a few times and it's always delicious. The veal parm is very good at times and tough at others. Most of the baked pastas are very good with the lasagna probably being the best. The shrimp scampi is tasty but a poor value- it's a huge plate of pasta topped with 6 smallish shrimp. I prefer my scampi baked in a separate dish but I guess that's a matter of taste. I tried the veal chop once and it was amateurishly prepared having been cut into to test for doneness which of course let all the juice run out. Needless to say it was dry.
So, the food is pretty good which brings me to the service which can range from pretty good to poor to downright bizarre. I ate there with 5 people last month and I had the strangest server of all time. She literally had no idea what she was doing- it's as though she came in off the street and was given a shift. No clue about the specials, no clue about gluten-free options (which the hostess had assured us they had). She forgot everything we told her, was totally disorganized and inserted her opinions into our selections without our asking. It's clear that the servers have zero training and confuse friendliness with familiarity. There are however some servers I've had that were really good.
I guess your experience will depend on what you order and who your server is which explains the divergence of experiences reported here. I'd say if you're nearby, try it, you may have a good meal and a good time. But I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Not great - won't hurry back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stepping in to the restaurant from a beautiful sunny evening was a strange experience as it was so dark inside. Fortunately we were seated in a separate dining area (we hadn't made a reservation) and they kindly turned up the lights a little for us so that we could read the menus and see each other! Our waiter was good - friendly and helpful and service was well-paced. Happy hour only applied if ordering bottles of wine, unlike many other places that do offers on a glasses of wine etc,which was not good for us because everybody wanted something different to drink. As for the food, the garlic rolls were great but the same could not be said for the salad which was pretty leathery. A couple of people in our party ordered the chicken parmigian which they really enjoyed, but I must say that the pastas were not such a hit - the sauces were very ordinary and lacked real texture and flavour. Not a place I'd be in a hurry to go back to.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Not up to expectations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were a party of 7 on a recent Saturday night. Th e restaurant was very dark and we only had two candles on our table which did not really help with reading the menus. We asked for a third candle and were told there were no more !. The service was very slow. We arrived at 7 pm and were served our meal at just 8.30 pm. For some the meal was good and for others it was not. Would not be in a rush to go back.

Pat H.