“I beg to differ with the other reviewers” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Giovanni Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 803 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Napa Blvd. & Vineyards Blvd.
Description: We are open for lunch Mob-Fri 11pm-3:30pm & Dinner Mon-Sat 4pm-10pm, Sun 4pm-9pm. Offering Take-out (including our Large, Medium, Small Pizza's), and Catering.We also offer 2 Happy Hour Options for our customers: If your into the bar scene our Bar Happy Hour Served Daily 4pm-7pm (50% off all house wine by the glass, all bottled & draft beers, well drinks, pearl vodka, Russian standard vodka, our entire martini, Bellini's, classic cocktails list's & Over 9 Bar appetizers under $5). Get there the bar gets crowded!If you Have Passion for great wine at a great price then You'll Love our "Happiest Wine Hour" Daily from 4pm-6:30pm (50% Off Our Entire Wine List in our Main Dinning Room with the purchase of 2 entrees and applies to only wine bottles)Our family arrived in America fromCarini, Sicily and Pr. Avellino, Naples, Italyover forty years ago. They were in search ofa better life for themselves and for future generations. Deep rooted in our family traditions are a welcoming nature, delicious food and a strong family structure. These are the traditions that we based the foundation of our restaurant upon.Giovanni's opened in 1999 and our family's passion for food and love of Italy keeps us dedicated to serving the freshest and most authentic Italian cuisine in all of Naples. -The Conigliaro Family
Southbury, CT
“I beg to differ with the other reviewers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It is with some trepidation that I accepted an invitation to go to Giovanni's after reading all the reviews panning the service. I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Our waitress, Angela, was delightful and very helpful, even when we asked for some changes to the menu and a couple of special items. She was fun, she joked with us, and checked back every few minutes to make sure everything was all right. Another surprise, after reading the bad reviews, the manager came over about half way through our meal to check that Angela was doing a good job, and that we had everything we wanted. I guess someone must have been reading Trip Advisor reviews and decided to make a change. Oh, the food was more than acceptable, as others have said. It seem they have either cured their "abominable service" problem, or we got the great waitress of all time. I'm curious what others may think.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Naples, Florida
“Always reliably tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We have been dining here several times per year and have always had a good experience and last night was no exception!...I had the minestrone soup, fresh and served steaming hot...the garlic knots are always fresh, my wife had fettucine Bolognese, her reliably favorite dish and she says it is still the best!...I do think so as well...being from NYC, i had my old friend "veal parm" and it was great, hits the spot every time...prices are reasonable and the service is always proper....my favorite dish here is the combination di pesce, though it is pricey at $29.00...try it, fra diavolo style! Lots of fresh garlic and spicy red sauce!

East Setauket, New York
“Great pizza , but not the service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

After reading many of the reviews my interested was peaked, so my family of 6 ventured out to give this place a try. Being Italian New Yorkers we're pretty discriminating about our Italian food! This place had very good pizza. Everyone's pizza was fresh, hot and delicious, (we each order a different one) . Unfortunately, I can't brag about the waiter who from the beginning was not friendly and made us wait forever to take out order. My husband had to get up and ask the hostess to locate him, but aside from that we all said it was worth coming back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best pizza in Naples. Worst staff in Naples”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

It's just not fare that the best pizza in Naples is surrounded by the worst people in the service industry. I have been going to this place for years hoping their attitude would change but it just won't happen. Recently I ordered a pizza at the bar and the bartender complained to another server that I wanted toppings on it. "hello I can hear you" note to owners " clean house and get profession servers in there that make the customer feel welcome. The food is great. Best in Naples. JUST GET IT TO GO!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Florida, Florida
“Rates a return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location (in a strip plaza) is not a plus in my book, but the interior is pleasant and the staff was accommodating. My wife ordered pasta, I had Chicken Marsala. Both of us were pleased with the meals and level of service, and we plan to try them on a weekend afternoon to sample the pizza, which I've heard is good. The fact that two or three people walked in to carry out pre-ordered pizza while we were there (in a restaurant that is not primarily a carry-out place) means the pizza reputation is probably deserved.

• Visited November 2012