“Ipswich in Naples” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Steamers of Naples

Steamers of Naples
5317 Airport Pulling Rd N, Naples, FL 34109-2011 (North Naples)
239-593-3388
Improve this listing
Ranked #110 of 803 Restaurants in Naples
Neighborhood: North Naples
Neighborhood: North Naples
Western Massachusetts
“Ipswich in Naples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

As a Cape Cod kid who has eaten whole belly fried clams up and down the east coast I feel qualified to judge fried clams and Steamers clams are some of the best I have ever had.
Always sweet, clean and crisp with light flavorful batter you are going to have to go a long way to find better clams.
As a bonus, they use the same batter on their freshly made onion rings. Simply delicious.

• Visited April 2013

Southside, WV
“Amazing New England Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you make it to Naples it is a must to eat here if you enjoy great seafood. I have eaten here several times and have greatly enjoyed each visit. The fried lobster, fried shrimp and lazy man's lobster are absolutely fantastic!!! I also really like the whole belly clams. If you like onion rings this is the place, I like that you can have a choice of fries, onion rings or some of each with your meal. The service is incredible to go right along with the food. I truly miss this food and atmosphere when I am away from Naples. Try it, you'll love it!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Great Atmosphere - Food left something to be desired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

When we first flew into Naples we asked a gentleman on our flight what restaurant we had to try - and he indicated Steamers. We made this our first stop and while the atmosphere was comfortable and inviting - the food left some to be desired (overly greasy and lacking salt).

As I indicated - The best thing about Steamers was the comfortable atmosphere and the customers (some regulars - all very friendly).

My wfie and I were anxious to try the food and ended up getting a soup each, a couple appetizers, and three entres (to try a variety of things). All in all - the food was not great but good. Service was lackluster - waitress had far too many tables. With that said, what a great atmosphere - very comfortable and "homey". You feel like you have been transported to the northeast.

My wife and I ate here in November, and we haven't been back since. We would revisit the restaurant - but would need a reason to go (as we haven't been back on our own). Nothing stuck out as great and nothing stuck out as horrible.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Annapolis
“Wait a minute...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure I understand all the rave reviews. Food is OK, wait in peak season can be long, and atmosphere is lacking. Clam chowder short on clams and fried lobster wasn't that good. Lot of fried food here.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great local joint, quick but excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a excellent lunch, chowder was the best. If you are looking for fancy this is not the place. If you want seafood served quick that tastes great this is the place. I will come back here.