“Wrong place for everything we ordered” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Yabba Island Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 803 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 8th and 7th Street
Description: Yabba Island Grill is the perfect spot in town for the grandchildren, grandparents and the kid in all of us! Yabba offers a casual fun island atmosphere, where you don't have to dress up, and if you do, you'll still feel at home. At Yabba's everything's cool! Every Friday and Saturday night, we go late night with an Island party for the younger "natives". The rest of the week is as calm as an island breeze…
Naples, Florida
“Wrong place for everything we ordered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We are locals who say away from these places in season--we have eaten here before, but not for a few years. The Drink Special list has a Blue Moon--a Marguerita with blue curacao--$5--all you could taste was the blue stuff--very sweet and not what I had in mind--we had the Coconut Shrimp App--both of us thought it was not good at all--bad sign, it's hard to disappoint us on that dish where ever we get it--my wife's pulled pork sandwich was, shall I say, the worst we have had anywhere--she barely ate half of it--I had the Cowboy Burger---not very good--very dry--also a dish that's hard to screw up...both of us had the French Fries--sorry to say, but they were barely warm and were no better than the ones you get in the freezer at the market---OK--we did like the few onion rings that came with each sandwich--and my Bud Bottle was great---Different than some posters here, our service was good.

I'm not surprised to read about people hearing those in the next table complaining about the food--we didn't bother to do that, but we won't be back---It may depend on what you order.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mollington, United Kingdom
“The jerk wings are to die for!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit and the food didnt disappoint.coconutshrimps were fantastic and the jerk wings were so so delicous best ive tasted.staff friendly and attentive.pleasent surroundings not cheap but worth the extra esp dining on 5th ave!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Lakes, Florida
“The food is good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was good and fresh and I enjoyed my visit. The people at the next table were complaining about everything and the waitress went to get the manager. Somehow, she came back without the manager, which was NOT good because the rest of us had to listen to the griping for the rest of our meal.
The restaurant is pricey, though. One hundred and twenty dollars for snow crab legs and grouper and 2 glasses of wine. Coulda done that at Red Lobster and be just a happy and kept half my money. You need to step up your game if you're charging those prices!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great food...good prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have passed by this place over the years & decided to finally give it a try. I had the ribs and she had a seafood pasta. All good. I didn't care for their cole slaw with tthe marshmellow whip in it....didn't know what was in it till I tasted it.....I believe you can order a "regular slaw" instead if the marshmello isn't your thing. Skipped desert since 5th ave is full of places to grab a sweet treat after dinner. We will most likely visit next time & try another dish...or 2. There's an inside & outside seating along with a bar area...all good and up to you where want to dine. nice decor inside and needed the a/c with the humidity...enjoy mon !

Durham UK
“Nothing spectacular”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife & I had dinner at Yabba Grill during a recent stay in Naples.
We have always patronised this restaurant as it always appears to be one of the most appealing visually with it's fun & lively décor.
I have to say however that whilst the food has always been ok the quality of the whole experience is quite often very impersonal with quite inattentive & at times brusque staff.
We had to regularly apprehend our waiter when we needed more drinks ( if we could find him ) and our bread, which is customary to have served before you dine, arrived half way through our main course.
Diners on tables adjacent to us were also less than happy with their service & were in the throes of complaining & being ' comped ' for their food whilst we ate.
There are much better options on 5th Avenue for dining in this price range.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere