“One of the best Italian restaurants ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carrabba's Italian Grill

Carrabba's Italian Grill
4320 Tamiami Trl N, Naples, FL 34103-3105 (Park Shore)
239-643-7727
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Park Shore
Deep River, Canada
“One of the best Italian restaurants ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love Carrabba's. Food is great. The service is wonderful. Restaurant is very clean. Friends took us there, we had never eaten there before. Would definitely go back and will. They serve a wonderful Sangria. One of my favourite drinks.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Naples, Florida
“In need of a good cleaning!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went about 3:30 pm on July 21 an early dinner since we had missed lunch. The place was almost empty (nice and quiet).
Hostess took us to a table in the S.W. corner near the front window, adjacent to the big round 10 top there. Food on the floor, and seats, she had to brush food off of the bench seat for my wife to sit. The big round top had not been cleaned off since the last patrons left and it sat that way the whole time we were there.
When the table was last cleaned it was not degreased you could see the grease smears on it.
The food is average it was all right but not really great.
I just wish restaurants would take more pride and provide a clean eating out experience. I have not been to Carrabbas for a long time and it may just be that way again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“East Trail- Fear NOT- Good Food and GREAT Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Opinions vary in regards to quality food, but when discussing Italian food the saying goes "I eat, therefore I 'am (an expert).

The food at Carrabba's is as advertised and consistent. I always order the Price Edwards Island Mussels which are just spectacular. Almost a meal by itself. A glass of pinot g. and warm bread and life is pretty damn good. Many restaurants that have Italian attached to their names cannot do bread as well as Carrabba's does, truth! I had a small arugula salad and my wife had the lobster ravioli which were served hot and had good flavor. The wine presentation with the side carafe creates a great value and the prices are well below market for the expensive area. The service we had, and always have is HANDS down better than many, many, many places in Naples!! Our server Laura was all over it as were the rest of the folks, management included. They were visibility involved. I LIKE CARRABBA's !

So fear not food snobs-eat drink and enjoy. We won't tell anyone!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Grease soaked pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Went to Carrabba's on 7-6-14 for the first time. Ordered the house salad which was crisp and fresh. Bread was hot and served with olive oil herb mix which was the best part of the meal!
I had the Pollo Sorrento which was truly disappointing. I like all the components individually but did not care for the dish. They must have used a mandolin to slice the eggplant paper thin. The chicken was thin and a small portion. If there had been a picture, I never would have ordered this. Nothing like the other chicken dishes which all showed a normal thickness chicken breast rather than a scallopine cut. I finished all the bread and left hungry. My boyfriend tried my dish and liked the flavor but agreed the portion was too small.
We went there because he wanted to try the Roman style pizza. He made a create your own. I tried it and wasn't a fan. The waiter came prior to our trying our food. The pizza looked greasy to me. He took 3/4 of it home after eating most of my pasta side. The next day after taking it out of the fridge to carry for lunch it had a thick orange colored layer of grease and he threw it all directly in the trash. What a waste of money.

Went there after trying a co-workers left over lobster ravioli which was amazing! Maybe we just ordered the wrong items.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
“Pick your food wisely”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I came here for a dinner around 6pm on a Thursday. The place was pretty busy so I wouldn't recommend it if you wanted a romantic and quiet dinner. I did notice that just about every man was dressed either in slacks and a button up shirt (I was) or shorts with a polo or button up shirt. The women were mostly dressed in nice dresses. If you dress in shorts and a t-shirt or jeans and a t-shirt, you might feel out of place. We we're served by Miranda who did an excellent job despite there being big groups in her section. She was very professional and attentive. To begin our dinner, I ordered the Lasagne ($14.50) which had pasta layered with pomodoro sauce, bolognese meat sauce, ricotta, romano and mozzarella cheese. What it really tasted like was that they bought the pasta sauce from a can in Walmart and were too cheap to add any significant amount of meat. The pasta sauce was very acidic to me and had a very cheap taste to it. I did like that it had a great amount of cheese in every bite. The lasagne dish is a basic staple in an Italian restaurant and to get that dish wrong is absurd. The meal came with you choice of a salad or soup. I chose a spicy Italian sausage and lentil soup. The soup was delicious and I savored every bite. It had a kick to it because of the spicy Italian sausage, but it was packed with great flavor so you do not have to add salt or any other spice. The soup was the best part of my meal. Overall my meal was a little less than average only because the soup brought up my rating so much. Do not order the lasagne dish.
My wife ordered the Fettuccine Weesie ($15.90) which had Fettuccine Alfredo with sautéed shrimp, garlic and mushrooms in housemade white wine lemon butter sauce. I ate half of her plate because it was too much for her. Wow that was an amazing dish. The pasta with white wine lemon butter sauce was delicious and had a buttery smooth taste to it. No need to add any spices because the flavor bursts with every bite. The shrimp were big and the dish had a good amount of them in it. It tasted like the shrimp may have been grilled to give it some added flavor and it came out perfect. The shrimp were firm and did not taste like it was frozen from a bag. It had great flavor on its own or mixed in with the pasta. The dish also had big slices of mushroom which was also delicious with the sauce, pasta, and shrimp. I was very happy with the way this meal was prepared. This was an excellent dish an well worth the money. It also came with your choice of soup or salad. She got the Caesar salad.
For dessert, we shared a sogno di cioccolata ($7.90) which is a rich fudge brownie with chocolate mousse, fresh whipped cream and housemade chocolate sauce. It is a light dessert meaning it is more fluffy and not as filling as say cake. It has two semi thin slices of brownie separated by whip cream and chocolate mousse and then more whip cream and chocolate mousse on top with 2 different chocolate sauces (think Hersey's syrup). It was a very good dessert and great if you had a heavy meal before. It still gives you the opportunity to have something sweet and not have your food coming out of your mouth. Overall the experience was a little above average just because my meal was so poorly tasting and the restaurant was pretty busy. The total for the 2 meals and the dessert came to $40.60. We did not have sodas or wine, just water.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere