“Inconsitent!!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 753 Restaurants in Naples
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: At The Hilton Naples
Transit: Collier Area Transit (CAT)
Description: The theme for Shula's Steak House is a virtual museum of the 1972 Miami Dolphins' 17-0 perfect season, the NFL's only unbeaten team. The decor includes pictures and game balls from the '72 season. The menus are hand painted on NFL footballs then personally hand signed by Coach Shula himself. The restaurant's reputation has been built on serving the "biggest and the best", which includes Premium Black Angus Beef. The menu features generous portions, including a signature 48-ounce porterhouse steak.
“Inconsitent!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I felt like a steak and decided on Shula's.. We each had a cocktail; my wife ordered a fillet mignon and I, a NY strip. We ordered a baked potato and creamed spinach to share. Both steaks were ordered medium rare. The wait staff always makes a point of saying "warm red center" to confirm the degree of doneness requested. When the steaks came, we were asked to cut them in the center to see that they were done properly. My wife's was medium well. The server took it back and said he would rush a new steak. The waitress came over to apologize saying that they had a new chef in the kitchen.

We tasted the spinach while we waited for the steak and it was cold! When the manager came over to apologize for the steak, my wife told him that, first of all, not cooking a steak properly in a steak house was inexcusable and that serving sides cold was almost as bad. He actually asked if they were cold when they came to the table! Why else would we even mention it! He brought another potato and another order of spinach immediately and they sat until the steak came 15 minutes later so the vegetables got cold again. This time, the steak was almost raw but we were so disappointed with the dinner that we accepted it. We ate less than half of our meal. The waitress offered us a free dessert of our choice to make up for the experience. The manager came over to apologize again and said he would also comp one steak. I told him that he should comp the entire meal since we came to enjoy dinner together and being served separately made the entire experience unpleasant. At first he said we would have to contact the manager the next day to have the meal complemented but he came back a few minutes later and reluctantly agreed to do it.

No way to run a high class steak house!

Visited October 2013
MktMaven, Business Development Manager at Shula's Steak House, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We are so sorry and embarrassed to hear about your experience. Everything you described should not have happened and are not our standards. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and our high standards of service. You and your wife did not receive that and I would like to make it right. I will be emailing you directly and inviting you back as our guest so we may redeem ourselves. Please reach out to me so we may make arrangements for your next visit. I can be reached by calling the main number and asking for Jeff. I look forward in speaking with you soon. Again, we are sorry for your experience and thank you for sharing.

“Wonderful Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The finest, most attentive service coupled with outstanding food. What a treat! While the steaks are superb, the fish and chicken are also excellent.

Visited September 2013
Naples, Florida
“Good steak and one of those places you feel like you have to do once”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I've been here a few times. The food is good but it doesn't "feel"like a value to me. It feels like I am paying for some status. No complaints, just my personal opinion.
For a steak I have a few better options. For the money I have even more.
I doubt you will be disappointed but it didn't ring my bell.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What we loved: shrimp cocktail, wedge salad, chocolate souffle.
What could have been better: the filet. We asked for it medium rare, and it came out more medium. Good sauce served with it. would try it again.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Freezing which spoilt the occasion completely”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been to a couple of Shula's restaurants before, although I don't like steak my husband loves it especially in America, I usually gave seafood or fish. The food was nice, I gas BBQ shrimp which us a starter but as a main which was nice but the whoe experience was completely ruined as the restaurant was sooo cold, I don't just mean cold but it was freezing. I asked the waitress if anything could be done apparently she informed the manager but nothing changed, it wasn't just me either and although give do get cold easily I go prepared with extra layers but my husband who is rarely cold thought it was freezing too. It completely spoilt the meal, I was very disappointed, especially as we were on holiday from the UK. It had really spoilt my view of Shula's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MktMaven, Business Development Manager at Shula's Steak House, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear about the room temperature. I checked with my Engineering Director and the average temperature in the restaurant is 74 degrees. We do make adjustments to the temperature when a guest is uncomfortable. However, because of the size of the room, it does take some time to adjust. We do appreciate your feedback and we do hope you visit with us again.