“What a Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 175 Activities in Naples
Type: Classes/Workshops, Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: Come experience the excitement of glassblowing in motion! Conrad Williams opens his glassblowing studio to visitors wishing to learn the art of glassblowing. At his studio he teaches private classes, by appointment, for both first timers and those with more experience. Come for an afternoon and go home with your own handblown ornament, float or bowl. His new studio in Naples, FL is just blocks from the beach and downtown. His recently sold studio in Oregon, Studio West, he taught over 3000 people to blow glass and was listed as the number one thing to so on tripadvisor.com in Eugene, Oregon. Check out conradwilliamsglass.com to learn more.
Martinsville, Indiana
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I took our two sons, ages 5 and 6, for a glass blowing workshop with Conrad while we were on spring break - what a treat this was! Conrad's workshop will give you a newfound appreciation for hand blown glass and turn you into an artist for a day!

Conrad is a skilled artist and craftsman who clearly has a passion for teaching his art to others. He first demonstrated the process for us, let us try some of the techniques ourselves, and then guided us through our own piece. He knows exactly when to step in to help so that we felt completely at ease throughout the experience and really enjoyed our time there. We took home some lovely hand-made, original pieces we made ourselves, and even purchased the stunning Conrad Williams drinking glasses we used during the workshop.

Conrad was so welcoming that by the time we left his studio the second time, my boys were calling him by name and we felt as though we had known him forever. His beautiful studio and lovely gardens surrounding the area made for a whimsical experience that we are sure to remember for years to come. We are sure to be back the next time we are in southwest Florida!

“We had a GREAT time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Conrad was very flexible and accommodating to our schedule. He is an amazing teacher! I wish that we lived in Naples so that we could take more lessons. Next time that we are in Naples we will definitely go back! It was such a fun experience. We loved everything about it.

Grayslake
“Fun day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My daughter and I came for our second lesson. She brought some friends also to share the awesome experience. Conrad is a great teacher and great with everyone. You must experience this!

Visited March 2014
“One of a kind activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Glass blowing is something you won't come across very often. And at first, I didn't really seem interested. But, my friends really wanted to go, and lucky they dragged me along. I couldn't have been so wrong about it. It's a hands on activity, that is still guided by the instructor (Conrad), so you still have fun in a safe and controlled environment. Conrad is just a great person to be around, which made the experience even better. You get to choose out of a variety of things that you want to make. And you can choose from a range of colors that makes your piece one of a kind! The process of making your piece is also easy, so you won't get frustrated doing it. Conrad is always there too, to remind you and help you while making your work of art. Since he does work from his home, the setting is quite relaxing, but is still separated from the rest of the house, so he's not being distracted by anything other than his job. Overall, I had a blast, and it is something I'd recommend to any age group.

“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I went glassblowing yesterday and honestly, I was a little nervous I wouldn't do it correctly or that I would get hurt, but it was so much fun! I think this is an experience you can't pass up. Conrad is a great and friendly guy and a great teacher. I had so much fun making a float. Conrad helped me through it but he really lets you do all the work. It is a wonderful expiernce. You must do it!