“Great Lunch spot on 5th Ave. Naples, FL” 4 of 5 stars

239.692.8480
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Angolo 5th Ave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 803 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 8th St South
Naples, Florida
“Great Lunch spot on 5th Ave. Naples, FL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My Wife & I just had lunch at L'Angolo. We were able to get an umbrella table outside. I had a trio of eggplant,bean soup, and bruschetta. My wife had the Prosciutto di Parma sandwich. For only $13.00 each on 5th Ave, great deal! Their sign mentions "Authentic Italian Resturant". We returned from Italy last Fall for the fifth time. Trust me, saying "Authentic" may just be exaggerating somewhat. With that said, I would go back. Also, their wine selection, is very accomodating.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dania Beach, Florida, United States
“Good homemade italian pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Italian family with 2 kids. Have tried tagliatelle al ragù, gnocchi, lasagna and linguine with sea fruits: everything was excellent, and the service too. We loved it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Gem of a Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were visiting Naples over the St. Patrick's Day weekend for our anniversary. We walked by L'Angolo's and inquired about a reservation and were able to reserve a table outside for dinner later in the day. We heard the pasta was homemade and thought we'd give it a try. Well, we had a wonderful dining experience. My husband grew up eating homemade pasta, so he knows it when he has it. We were seated on time and our server greeted us after a couple of minutes (Ian, I believe). He was attentive, but not overly in the way some wait staff hang so it becomes annoying. To start, hubby went for the pasta faglioli. Thumbs up on the soup. We enjoyed some nice wine by the glass with dinner--I tried the veal marsala special and hubby had the tagliatelle bolognese. My veal was tender and the marsala sauce was very good, not overpowering. Hubby just loved his pasta dish. The sauce was subtle and sinful. He raved about it later that evening just thinking of it. We split dessert and enjoyed tea and coffee, without feeling rushed to leave. We almost went back the next night, but really wanted to try another place in town by the water. We were disappointed the next night and said we should have gone back to L'Angolo's. Next time!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service, screwed up order, unbelievable management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a belated review for a dining experience in late November. I had booked the table through "Open Table" and have just realized they did not publish. I guess they only publish the good ones!

We waited 75 minutes for any food to arrive and when it did arrive, we were told the risotto was only half portions because the kitchen was busy. We were given an apology by the manager, I was given a complimentary glass of wine (not my wife) and were offered 10% off the bill. I refused the insult, paid in full, left the required tip ( it wasn't the waiters fault) and departed. Food was not that great anyway. I will never go back despite loving to eat on 5th street. This was the most amateurish response to an unhappy customer I have ever experienced.

toronto
“Most enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Most attractive restaurant in a great location. Service was professional and knowledgable. The food was also first class. Mind you, the choice of appetizers is quite limited so we elected for the caesar salads which were excellent. For entrees we had the cod fillet which our guests described as first class. We also had three different tagliolini dishes; t. pescatore, t. with shrimp and tomato, and t. with clams in white wine and garlic All were al dente superb. The clams were moist, tasty and plentiful, as was the seafood in the other two tagliolini dishes. For only $58 we enjoyed a really magnificent Antinori Napa chardonnay. On the downside, access to the woefully inadequate washroom left something to be desired. Also it was slightly irritating to be advised on our bill the dollar amount of an 18% and 20% tip. Whatever happened to the trusty old 15%. And in any event I personally find this type of presumptuous advice quite offensive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere