“Excellent Shnitzel Meal” 5 of 5 stars

+1 239-325-9499
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alpine Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 753 Restaurants in Naples
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: German, Czech, Eastern European, Hungarian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Airport Road
Description: We serve the finest, the most authentic and delicious German, Slovak, Czech, and Hungarian food on this side of Florida. All meals are homemade from scratch. Come in to taste and see how we serve our cappuccino, latte, espresso and other European coffees. For lunch we have sandwiches and salads, homemade soups, schnitzels and lot more. Finish your meal with home baked apple strudel, rum ball or our chocolate cake.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent Shnitzel Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Just enjoyed a wonderful shnitzel meal at the Alipine Restaurant in Naples FL.
The atmosphere of this restaurant is very warm and charming. We had two Shnitzel dinners which were excellent, served with mashed potatoes and a refreshing cucmber tomato salad. For desert we indulged in a nice apple strudel. The service was supurb and the owner very hospitable. I would highly recommend this restaurant for authentic European food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wellington, Florida
“Keeps getting better every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is my SIXTH time here. Two times for lunch, three for dinner with my girlfriend, and now one more time by myself! It seems like I literally drive from West Palm Beach just to eat here. Every time I come, I am blown away by everything I try (always different). Today I had the sauerkraut soup, which was fantastic. I could have had two bowls, and they were huge to begin with! I also had the Brautwurst, which in comparison to the two reviews under mine, was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Unbelievably tender. I honestly would wish I had a really sharp knife so I could get perfectly cut slices! I also had an Alpine Cappuccino to go, along with two of the Rum Balls(?). Can't wait to try them. Thank goodness I am moving here in December... By then I'm sure I will be here 10 more times! Also, the owner is unbelievably friendly, and always has clever puns and jokes! Great people, excellent food, and always an unbelievable experience. GO HERE.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Not the #2 Restaurant in Naples”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I take writing reviews on TripAdvisor very seriously, and by and large have a very generous approach to this - I will usually give a restaurant the benefit of the doubt, and my ratings are on the high side, I am sure.

But in the case of Alpine Restaurant, they served me food that was completely inedible, and I have to let you know about that. I ordered a bratwurst platter, and after waiting for 45 minutes, they brought me my dish (several minutes after my wife and mother-in-law had gotten theirs) with two bratwurst that pretty obviously had been cooked, put in the refrigerator, brought out and re-heated. They were dry to the point where I could not eat them.

I complained, and they said they would replace them. Then I waited, and waited. Meanwhile, I ate all the other things on my plate - well, the ones that were worth eating (the sauerkraut and some french fries). The red cabbage side dish that I so looked forward to was overcooked and nearly tasteless.

My wife took pity on me and shared some of her schnitzel with me, which was wonderful - the one thing that the restaurant did well. By the time they brought the replacement bratwurst, we were done eating. In fact, we had told them to forget the bratwurst, but they said, well we have already cooked them, so you might as well take them with you.

And to their credit, they removed my entire dish from the bill. That gesture, and the quality of the schnitzel, is the only reason I didn't give this restaurant a "terrible" one star rating.

I spoke to a local in Naples the next day, and he said that Alpine is a fairly new restaurant. Let's hope that over time, they get their act together.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Alex S, Owner at Alpine Restaurant, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
As of today 01-05-2014 we are #8 in Naples.
Mr. Charming must be happy.

Dear Mr. “Charming”,
Wow. Two reviews from you and your wife. One “better” then other.
At least you have a “heart” and you gave us poor rating.

We also take our reviews on TripAdvisor very seriously.
We are not #2 in Naples, because we bribed TripAdvisor.
Our customers’ satisfaction with our restaurant got us there.
Yes, it happens that every restaurant makes mistakes.
First of all I agree that bratwurst was not up to our standard because was on the grill longer than necessary. No, we do not reheat grilled and refrigerated bratwursts.
Every piece is freshly grilled. Unfortunately, in your case it was grilled for longer time. What is surprising to me is that you lie about your food and service. First you didn’t wait 45 minutes (maybe 20 minutes). Second, you did not complain about your food.
I personally asked you if everything is OK. When you told me the bratwurst is dry,
I immediately offered you replacement with no charge for the meal. So you waited, and waited and you got two beautiful brats which you took home, and I am sure you enjoyed them. Yes, it takes about 10 minutes to prepare new bratwurst. So as you can see, we do not serve “refrigerated and re-heated” sausage. If it was true it would be on the table in two minutes.
You wrote: “they served me food that was completely inedible”. However, you also write that you continued eating “worth eating” sauerkraut and fries. Any credit for that?
When you finished your extended stay in our restaurant, I asked you if everything else was OK.
You said yes. You never mentioned problem with cabbage, which by the way you finished completely. Either you were very hungry or it was irresistible, and you just made it up in your review.
Honestly, I have eaten in some places, which served very bad food. However, I would be ashamed to write review like this, especially if they did everything possible to satisfy me.
New York City, New York
“Sorry -- don't see how they can be rated #2; too many things are subpar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The folks are very nice. Darling decor. The schnitzel IS excellent. If I had to go to this restaurant again, I'd order ONLY schnitzel with sauerkraut and frites + a Golden Pheasant beer. That said. our meal (other than the schnitzel) was nearly inedible -- gummy spaetzle with no seasoning, limp and tasteless red cabbage, jaeger (mushroom sauce) that could have ruined a schnitzel if I hadn't tasted it first. With only 12 covers that night, it took 45 minutes to get order to the table. The bratwurst was cooked to dryness. (The fact that it was even served, waiting for us to point out the inedibility of the plate was the biggest offense IMO.) The wine is adequate. There are only about 5 beers on their beer list -- none excellent. Standard American condiments were served (would it be so hard to provide curry ketchup and sussersenf?) Didn't try the crepes -- hope they are a saving grace, but I won't be going back to find out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alex S, Owner at Alpine Restaurant, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Therese,

Thank you for dining with us.
Don’t see how we can be rated #2 in Naples? As I responded to your husband “Charming Karl” it is very simple. Our customers’ satisfaction with our restaurant got us there.
Or it is the schnitzel you enjoyed so much?

You wrote: “gummy spaetzle with no seasoning” – I know you would like to use seasoning from McCormick, but that it is NO NO in German cuisine. The only seasoning in spaetzles is salt, pepper and touch of nutmeg. Spaetzles are not main thing on the plate, and they cannot overcome schnitzel. Gummy? What other consistency they should be?

“Limp and tasteless red cabbage” – yes same as Mr. Charming. You finished it all, without complaint.

“Jaeger (mushroom sauce) that could have ruined a schnitzel if I hadn't tasted it first” -
Do you know that we have customers who order only spaetzle with jager sauce?
Well. Many people, many tastes.
Yes, your husband complained already about bratwurst and I responded to it.

“There are only about 5 beers on their beer list -- none excellent. Only five beers?
We are not sport bar. BTW we serve the real original pilsner from Czech republic.
None excellent? You just wrote you would return for Golden Pheasant.

“Standard American condiments were served (would it be so hard to provide curry ketchup and sussersenf?)” No, it is no hard at all. Unfortunately, 99.9% of the customers prefer Gray Poupon or Yellow Mustard. Next time you come, I will have curry ketchup and Süsser Senf ready for you. Special things for “special people”.
Now I read you are not coming. Should I cry or be happy?

“With only 12 covers that night, it took 45 minutes to get order to the table.”
Wrong. We had over 30 reservations, and many walk-ins. Did you see how many people where outside? And you had food on the table in 20 minutes.

Thank you for giving us your advice and terrible rating.
Congratulation. You are the first one in five years from our opening.

Alex
Michigan
“Fine German Food !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We just finished dining at Alpine. Although it is a little tricky to find in a shopping center, believe me, it is worth the search. The Wiener Schnitzel is Excellent. Like others have said, covers the plate and is done to perfection. The red cabbage & cucumber tomato sweet & sour sides were just great also. We would have shared a Crepe, but, we were both pretty full after the entrée.
We have found a new place to dine in Naples since we just recently bought a condo here. I would highly recommend this if you love "Old Country" food. Beer & Wine only which was just fine with us. Other reviewers are totally correct on this place !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere