“Perfect stay - we'll come back” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Ninth St S, Naples, FL 34102 (Old Naples)   |
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Walferdange, Luxembourg
“Perfect stay - we'll come back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

+ great hotel
+ large 2 bedroom suites (great kitchen, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher...)
+ luxury rooms
+ parking
+ walking distance from 5 th ave
+ the sea is at a 2 min drive
+ close to coastland mall/outlet
+ pool (a bit small but ok)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Francois,
We want to thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback about your stay at Bellasera. All guest feedback is very important to us. We are very happy you enjoyed your time at Bellasera and in Naples. Safe travels in the future and we look forward to serving you again.

Brian Schomacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I can't even imagine how anyone would score this property with 4.5 stars. My rooms smells like mildew. The location is NOT old Naples, it's on highway 41. Not a walkable distance to either the beach. Not enchanting.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a four or five star experience - don't stay here!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Anne C,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We use all guest to improve our already award winning services. The beach is an easy 3 block walk away from Bellasera Hotel, if guests are unable to make that walk we provide complimentary bikes guest can ride all over town or complimentary shuttle service. We take our 4.5 seriously and the majority of all guests have very much enjoyed their stay at Bellasera. Thank you again for your feedback.

San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Where to begin regarding this CONDO. Just to clarify this is NOT a HOTEL, it's a CONDO ASSOCIATION. Therefore if anything taken from your room they do not have insurance to cover your stolen belongings. The condo itself is wonderful. It's new and very well kept. The grounds are well maintained and the pool is nice. The staff has a attitude big time! Even before my room was broken into they just gave off a bad vibe. I booked the room for 3 nights around spring break time. I was staying w my girlfriend and looking forward to some R&R. On our second night as we were out to dinner someone broke into our room. There was no obvious signs of a forced break in which lead us to believe it was a inside job. All our doors were locked so not sure how someone would have gotten in. Maybe the windows? Oh wait they were locked. We were on the 1st floor so my advice is stay on the second or third floor if you do decide to take your chances on this CONDO. We had cash stolen, our ipods, sunglasses, head phones and beer!! Anything that was not in the safe and of value was gone! To add insult to injury, they were not compassionate or sorry abut the situation. If another unit haven't been robbed the same night they probably would have thought we were 2 young girls looking for a free meal ticket. The general manager comped ONE night probably because she knew we wouldn't be able to file a claim w there insurance. I did try and file a claim but there agent(not insurance agent) said they are not covered for robberies because they are not a HOTEL! The worst part about the agent(AKA middle man) wouldn't let me speak to the actual insurance company directly. Sketchy!! She was very defensive and not kind at all. My advice, stay elsewhere. If you do stay here put anything of any value in the safe at all times!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear SoCalCass,

We would like to apologize that this incident occurred to you during your stay with us. Bellasera works hard to provide a safe and secure environment for guests, however sometimes events can happen that are unexpected and out of our control. The local police department was contacted, and as part of their investigation they reviewed what keys accessed the room, and also reviewed video camera recordings during the stay dates. The police agreed that no access was granted to unauthorized persons to the room. In addition, a safe is provided in each room to keep any desired valuables safe at all times. Additionaly, our insurance agency pointed out there was no liability determined and the proper coverage for losses would be through a personal homeowner's policy.

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. The positive> this is primarily a Condo/suite hotel, and I was upgraded to a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen, washer dryer, etc. The unit was exceptionally nice and large. Great master bath area, however no bath tub in the master. Would be perfect for two couples or a family with two kids. The pool/jacuzzi area is very pretty as well and there is a spa too but I didn't use it. Free parking and plenty of it.
The front desk staff was uneven. The gentleman who checked me in gave me wrong directions to my unit. There are no bell hops (at least none around) so I had to take three bags all the way to the wrong place, and back. The other check in person had a terrible attitude. Actually sneering at a group who had checked in before me. She needs to find another line of work.
I ordered room service. I received the wrong bottle of wine and a covered plate for my entree. No tray and no bill.
The WiFi connection would not work on my I Pad.
No bill under my door the next morning for auto check out.
The location of the place is ok. Not great. Not close to the beach and a healthy walking distance to the main area of town. They do have a shuttle though.
I paid $199 plus tax so for that price in high Season in Naples with the upgrade to the 2 BR, I got my money's worth, but this was a biz trip for me. For that I would stay there again but for vacation I would pick another spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear dgordon11,
Thank you very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay at Bellasera Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with your luxury rooms. Our staff truly does strive to make every guest experience a fantastic one. With downtown Naples and all its award winning dining and shopping only 2 blocks away we know our location is a key feature. We look forward to serving you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I spent three enchanting nights here. We had a king studio suite with balcony overlooking the pool that was lit up at night. The bathroom was spa quality- almost entirely of marble with separate shower and oversized jacuzzi with shutters separating it from the bedroom. We had room service for breakfast two mornings served on our balcony. The prices were only a few dollars more than eating in the restaurant and the food was excellent. We ate dinner one night in the hotel restaurant, Zizis. It was better than I expected. The food was very fresh and delicious. My only complaint is that the weather was very cool and so only got to enjoy our balcony and the pool minimally. Will definitely stay here again when returning to Naples.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear John_and_Michele,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with Bellasera Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room as well as many of our services and amenities including ZiZi Restaurant and Lounge. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Naples.

General Manager, Bellasera Hotel
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our sixth or seventh time at the Bellasera. We continue to love it. This is a classy, friendly, elegant, welcoming place. Larry Kish and Terry Langendorfer, the two frontline people who really make the place go have become friends and give the Bellasera a a very homey feel; they always know us and greet us in a friendly fashion. We love the layout and decor of the two bedroom unit. Very functional and useful kitchen. The pool area is very pleasant with the water fountain, palm trees, cabanas and good maintenance. There is little if any external noise while in the unit or while around the pool. The daily housekeeping was always done between 9:00am and 10:00am and met our standards. Very convenient to 5th Avenue and is a pleasant walk to the beach. All of our stays have been very enjoyable and we look forward to our next visit. We love the place!

Room Tip: West side especially 3rd floor for morning sun on Lanai. East side for afternoon sun. We have stayed...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear edwardMichigan,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with Bellasera Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, room as well as services and amenities. Thank you again for continuing to make Bellasera your hotel of choice.

Brian Shomacker
General Manager, Bellasera Hotel
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights in Feb 2013 with a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old. It was so convenient. Being a short walk from 5th Ave. was great. We put the kids in the stroller and headed out each evening. And the CVS across the street came in handy. The unit was more like a nice condo than a luxury hotel, but that is exactly what we needed. The kitchen was great, laundry in the room worked well, and the layout was perfect. The hotel provided a crib and high chair. The one bedroom was big enough to fit the crib and a travel bassinet alongside the king sized bed. The extra closet in the bathroom was a plus. We would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it for families or anyone who wants to have a kitchen and laundry.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelbuggLA,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with Bellasera Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room as well as many of the services and amenities we offer. We look forward to serving you and and family again in the near future.

Brian Shoemacker
General Manager,Bellasera Hotels

Been to Bellasera Hotel? Share your experiences!