“Nice hotel, service only OK.” 3 of 5 stars

Bellasera Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 Ninth St S, Naples, FL 34102 (Old Naples)   |
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Naples
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Nice hotel, service only OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night. The positive> this is primarily a Condo/suite hotel, and I was upgraded to a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen, washer dryer, etc. The unit was exceptionally nice and large. Great master bath area, however no bath tub in the master. Would be perfect for two couples or a family with two kids. The pool/jacuzzi area is very pretty as well and there is a spa too but I didn't use it. Free parking and plenty of it.
The front desk staff was uneven. The gentleman who checked me in gave me wrong directions to my unit. There are no bell hops (at least none around) so I had to take three bags all the way to the wrong place, and back. The other check in person had a terrible attitude. Actually sneering at a group who had checked in before me. She needs to find another line of work.
I ordered room service. I received the wrong bottle of wine and a covered plate for my entree. No tray and no bill.
The WiFi connection would not work on my I Pad.
No bill under my door the next morning for auto check out.
The location of the place is ok. Not great. Not close to the beach and a healthy walking distance to the main area of town. They do have a shuttle though.
I paid $199 plus tax so for that price in high Season in Naples with the upgrade to the 2 BR, I got my money's worth, but this was a biz trip for me. For that I would stay there again but for vacation I would pick another spot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear dgordon11,
Thank you very much for giving us your feedback on your recent stay at Bellasera Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with your luxury rooms. Our staff truly does strive to make every guest experience a fantastic one. With downtown Naples and all its award winning dining and shopping only 2 blocks away we know our location is a key feature. We look forward to serving you again.

Brian Schomacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I spent three enchanting nights here. We had a king studio suite with balcony overlooking the pool that was lit up at night. The bathroom was spa quality- almost entirely of marble with separate shower and oversized jacuzzi with shutters separating it from the bedroom. We had room service for breakfast two mornings served on our balcony. The prices were only a few dollars more than eating in the restaurant and the food was excellent. We ate dinner one night in the hotel restaurant, Zizis. It was better than I expected. The food was very fresh and delicious. My only complaint is that the weather was very cool and so only got to enjoy our balcony and the pool minimally. Will definitely stay here again when returning to Naples.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear John_and_Michele,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with Bellasera Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room as well as many of our services and amenities including ZiZi Restaurant and Lounge. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Naples.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This was our sixth or seventh time at the Bellasera. We continue to love it. This is a classy, friendly, elegant, welcoming place. Larry Kish and Terry Langendorfer, the two frontline people who really make the place go have become friends and give the Bellasera a a very homey feel; they always know us and greet us in a friendly fashion. We love the layout and decor of the two bedroom unit. Very functional and useful kitchen. The pool area is very pleasant with the water fountain, palm trees, cabanas and good maintenance. There is little if any external noise while in the unit or while around the pool. The daily housekeeping was always done between 9:00am and 10:00am and met our standards. Very convenient to 5th Avenue and is a pleasant walk to the beach. All of our stays have been very enjoyable and we look forward to our next visit. We love the place!

Room Tip: West side especially 3rd floor for morning sun on Lanai. East side for afternoon sun. We have stayed...
Dear edwardMichigan,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with Bellasera Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, room as well as services and amenities. Thank you again for continuing to make Bellasera your hotel of choice.

Brian Shomacker
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights in Feb 2013 with a 2.5 year old and a 3 month old. It was so convenient. Being a short walk from 5th Ave. was great. We put the kids in the stroller and headed out each evening. And the CVS across the street came in handy. The unit was more like a nice condo than a luxury hotel, but that is exactly what we needed. The kitchen was great, laundry in the room worked well, and the layout was perfect. The hotel provided a crib and high chair. The one bedroom was big enough to fit the crib and a travel bassinet alongside the king sized bed. The extra closet in the bathroom was a plus. We would definitely stay here again. I highly recommend it for families or anyone who wants to have a kitchen and laundry.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelbuggLA,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with Bellasera Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your room as well as many of the services and amenities we offer. We look forward to serving you and and family again in the near future.

Brian Shoemacker
General Manager,Bellasera Hotels
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed at the Bellasera for the first time in late February 2013 for a few nights and was pleasantly surprised by the suite/sweet nature of the hotel. We had expected something on the order of a normal hotel suite a la Embassy Suites. Instead we found a one bedroom condo complete with living and dining rooms, a full kitchen, a laundry and a master bedroom with an excellent bath. The hotel is an easy few block walk to 5th St. shopping and restaurants and is configured so all the views are to the inside nicely landscaped courtyard. The pool is excellent with outdoor access to the bar. Internet is both wired and wireless. As we have had too many poor wireless signals in hotels, I used my travel router to connect via Ethernet for our own wireless signal and it was flawless. The staff was friendly and quickly brought us coffee when the maid forgot to leave a pack for the coffee maker. Management could improve how the restaurant is staffed as there was only one very overworked waiter in the restaurant the night we had dinner there. Nonetheless, the Bellasera will be will be our place whenever we return to Naples.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear bill2455,

Thank your for taking the time to review and comment on our Bellasera property and amenities. Im glad to hear you enjoyed your room as well as our flawless internet connectivity. Thanks again for your feedback; I will take your comments regarding your experience at ZiZi's restaurant back to our team members so that we may discuss the opportunities available to each of us to improve the guest experience. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Rouen, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

When you arrive, the hotel location looks bad, as it located by Naples main avenue (not very close to the beach, which is the only drawback of the hotel). But the classy hotel is so nicely built around gardens and swimming pool that you relax as soon as you come in. Our suite was big, perfectly equipped, with a terrace protected by a mosquito net, ideal for dinner 'at home'. The swimming pool is just big enough, and heated, with a spa bath that you can enjoy while drinking the reasonably priced beers from the adjacent bar. There is free WiFi and 2 computers that guests can use freely. In conclusion, our family had a wonderful time. We would certainly return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Bellasera Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Wakak,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Bellasera. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and amenities. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Bellasera a few times now and would rather go there then anywhere else. From the Beautiful atmosphere to the kind and welcoming staff there's no better place to stay! I do not want to forget to mention how clean it is or how great the food and drinks are!! We also really enjoyed our time at the spa. Exactly what we needed!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear agee413,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and comment on your stay with us at Bellasera. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff takes great pride in their work and, they are always striving to serve our guests with the highest level of customer service and products available. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to serve you again in the future.

General Manager, Bellasera Hotel

Been to Bellasera Hotel? Share your experiences!