“Loved this resort except....” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in Naples
Bourne, Massachusetts
“Loved this resort except....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Loved this resort, just got back Saturday after a week stay here. The resort itself is very well kept, clean, quiet. The units are privately owned and some of the accent pieces are out of date and tacky especially the fake plants.... All this can be overlooked because the funiture itself is newer and well kept and the beds were comfortable. The problems i had was the mouse droppings outside th door. After checking the unit to make sure there were none in there I called the front desk and a very disinterested gentleman told me he would send someone over to clean it. Well it still was'nt clean two days later so I ended up going out and sweeping it up. The other problem I had was I ended up with about 30 bug bites that were very itchy. I never saw a mosquito or a flea, ( they were more like flea bites) but something was definitly biting me. Ended up putting bug spray on from sunrise to sunset but I think I was getting bit in the unit, not outside.....

Room Tip: stayed in 3 bedroom 1026, great view with fountains and pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
samhendricks, Guest Relations Manager at GreenLinks Golf Villas at Lely Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear BPSmith,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to our resort. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit with us in Naples.

I did want to take a moment to apologize for the condition you found the outside corridor leading to your villa. Rest assured, the “droppings” you found were from the native gecko lizard that is prevalent throughout Florida, not mice. They are attracted to the outdoor lights at night where the feast on mosquitoes and other insects. They tend to leave their “calling card” on a nightly basis.

Speaking of insects, I believe you may have encountered another native of Florida while here; the insect known as a no-see-um or sand flea. This tiny insect roams the outdoors in the early evening and can bite without notice. They are so tiny they can slip through our screened lanais as well.

Thank you again for providing us your feedback and we look forward to your return to GreenLinks!

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our family has been to Naples many times and Greenlinks just can’t be beat! We’ve just returned from our 4th stay at Greenlinks and enjoyed it as usual. We have stayed in both the 2 bedroom with a den and the 3 bedroom. I prefer the 2 bedroom with the den! Having 2 bathrooms is very convenient when getting ready to go out and about.

I spend most of my time at the pool with the kids. My husband and son said the golf courses were in great shape this year. My kids love the bike rentals. When we stayed two years ago the management went out and bought new kids bikes because they didn’t have one small enough for our youngest! The brand new flat screen TV’s were a pleasant surprise. I can’t recommend these villas enough if you have kids…everyone has their own TV! You can borrow tennis equipment whenever you want to play and they also have beach chairs, umbrellas and beach toys for the kids! This makes packing a breeze especially if you fly.

The staff is incredible everytime. Great customer service! They have new restaurant this year. It is called Sam Sneads Tavern. The food is great and they have a kids menu also. The best part…. it’s walking distance from your villa if you would like to go out for drinks without having to drive. Perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for first or second floor when making your reservation. They also had $5 coupons at the front de...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear 2010Rae,

Thank you for the glowing review. Your family's positive experience is what we strive for. A happy repeat guest is the best referral we can ask for!

Warm Regards,
Carlisle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Firstly, these units are all privetly owned, so each one in decorated to the owners tastes and stantards.
The initial unit allocated had holes in the walls, no mirrors, (they were all on the floor in the wardrobes), bath plastic mat had tears, old phones in wadrobes, handles on patio doors coming lose, also opened one draw in bedroom and handle came away in your hand!
We phoned reception they asked us what all the problems were. So they can not check before guests arrive.
They did move us to Unit 321, which was the same size, sleeps 8 and overlooking the golf couse, as was original reguested.
This unit was far superior to the first one. They had no hesitation in allocating us another unit and reacted very quickly to our concerns.
We stayed for 2 weeks, The pool was a nice area with shade provided by trees, if required and very peaceful, as was Greenlinks as a whole.
We did ask reception to book golf for us .They advised use to use Golfnow.com! Not what we are use to but they will book the golf on Lely resort for you.
On checking in the phone rang, Only one person on duty. He answered the phone and kept talking to the caller whilst also trying to talk to us at the same time. Not a good first impression.
There are 2 golf couses on the resort, Mustand and Flamingo. Flamingo was undergoing maintenance and could not be played whilst we were there. Mustang was OK but on the 2nd week they had aerated and sanded the greens. They over-sanded the greens to such an extent that they were nearly unplayable. No mention of this when you booked or when they sent you out to play! Not good when you pay full price. We know this has to be done but please give the paying customer a choice.
Over all, nice, quiet resort, very clean, food stores a short drive away, about 3 min drive.
Downtown Naples / Naples Pier is about 15 minutes drive.

Room Tip: We E.Mailed before arriving asking for quiet apartment overlooking golf couse and this is whot we re...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
samhendricks, Guest Relations Manager at GreenLinks Golf Villas at Lely Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Duckpot,

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you encountered at check in. You were inadvertently assigned a villa that was being prepared to enter our rental program. Unfortunately, some of the owner's personal effects and furniture were still present. Rest assured, all of our villas are held to high standards and are furnished in a similar manner. I can not apologize enough that our mistake upon your arrival left you with an overall lower opinion.

I am pleased our front desk staff was able to immediately rectify the problem at hand and that you found the villa you were moved to far superior!

I will also address your comments concerning the golf course with the golf course manager. Thank you for letting us know.

I was happy to read that overall you found our resort to be clean, quiet and convenient! I hope that you will return for a visit in the future!

Best Regards,
colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The place is clean, units are condos/timeshares, good value, the downside is the very rude guy on the evening front desk, what a jerk, first he is difficult to understand and argumentative with the customer, who needs that crap, this guy needs a course in customer service 101, the pool is nice and exercise room is average, very nice golf course, Naples is about 15 minutes, Marco Island much further but not out of reach for a fun day trip, cleaning staff is polite, so overall a nice place but due to the rude guy that makes any inquiry in the evening during the week a problem I rate this lower overall

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
samhendricks, Guest Relations Manager at GreenLinks Golf Villas at Lely Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Denver88,

I'm truly sorry that one staff member has left you with a lower overall impression of GreenLinks. Rest assured that after speaking with you during your stay, your concerns were addressed and used as a training tool for our entire staff. We strive for the highest level of guest service at all times.

I hope all the positive aspects of your stay will let you consider returning to GreenLinks.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The service here is perfect. They are friendly and attentive to what you need. The people we met here even at the pool were friendly and good natured. Many people actually live here. What a good way to live. The pool is nice. My kids were very satisfied with the pool. There is a club house right next to the pool so if you are dry you can use the perfectly clean restrooms there. Around the pool has plently of seats and grills to use. My only issue was with the paper thin walls , or the extreme loud people above us ( not sure which). We were in rooom 411 and who ever was above us it sounded like they were doing gymnastics most nights until 1pm. We asked the front desk about what they could do and it seemed to help.

Room Tip: Room 411, was fairly noisy at night due to the people upstairs. We asked the front desk for help and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed here with family the villa/suite that we got was the biggest one - 3 bedrooms. It is FULLY equipped with all you need in kitchen. Towels for the pool everything you can think of they got it!!!

Front desk staff day/night shift were extremely pleasant and nice. They do a great job at making you feel welcome!

The property is beautiful... and everything you see in the pictures is just that way! Wonderful upkeep and cannot stay enough great things about this property!

Location is great just a block or so away there is a Publix (grocery store), McD's, Carrabba's Italian restaurant but they also have a restaurant on property just next door as well. The Naples Pier is not far, Marco Island, Botanical Garden. Definitely there are things to do than just golf.

They also have a spa... we did not use this, but on our next trip back we sure will and look so forward to going back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Apopka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I do not play golf so staying In a golf resort was not something I had done. Our condo had a patio that overlooked the golf course and a scenic pond. In the morning I saw an alligator in the pond, and heron and ducks, just as the sun rose over the beautiful landscape. I believe the lush landscape of Greenlinks Golf Resort is one of the best features.

The pool area has a great bubbly hot tub, BBQ grills and waterfall in the pool. Plenty of shade around the pool made it perfect for everyone in our family of four.

The 3 bedroom condo was a corner ground floor unit. It had everything furnished that we needed, except for one little thing. There are no towel bars in the two bathrooms, strange.

The desk clerks were very efficient and courteous. Checking in took all of two minutes. When we went to the beach on Memorial Day, I stopped at the front desk and the desk clerk showed me a large supply of beach umbrellas and chairs I could use at the beach.

There are many beaches a short drive from Greenlinks. We went to different ones, but all have a parking fee. The dining and shopping is mostly high price in Naples, so we ate most meals in the condo. The kitchen was stocked with all the utensils we required.

The is a trash container and a recycle container in the kitchen that filled up rather rapidly. I took the bagged trash in the car to the two dumpsters in a fenced in area couple blocks away. This was the only inconvenience. The dumpsters were not easy to get into, but I managed.

Naples Botanical gardens is nearby and takes a day to go through. At night the Naples Pier is the place to be for the sunset viewing. We stayed at Greenlinks for a week and it was very quiet and relaxing. We enjoyed staying here very much. It would be even better if I actually played GOLF!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to GreenLinks Golf Villas at Lely Resort? Share your experiences!