“Great breakfast...great key lime pie!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Great breakfast...great key lime pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

On our first visit we had a great breakfast (expecially the home fries) served by an especially pleasant waitress. On our second visit we had some of the best key lime pie we have ever had.

Visited February 2013

72% Recommend
Port Douglas
“I must go on a diet!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Rib sticking food - excellent value with a real diner atmosphere. Go early or late on a Sunday morning to beat the rush.

Visited January 2013
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“Diner ftom the 50's and think the food was too!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Horrid! Ghastly! Are just two words that come to mind.
I have eaten at the one over on Tamiami Trail and it was so-so. I was convinced to eat at this one this evening by freinds (up until now I thought they liked me). So, we ordered and got soup first, noodle with chicken broth, tepid, bland, okay the salad was next and was okay. But then my prime rib arrived. First off it was not done as I had asked, then the first bite - ugh - tasted spoiled, so I had my freinds taste it. Yep, they agreed. Then I put the whipped margarine onto the potatoe.....the margarine was warmer than the potatoe and sure enough it actually did not melt. Like the old country song, Take an old cold tater an WAIT which is what we did and no server in sight when he returned without asking about why the potato was not eaten and 3/4 of the prime rib was still on the plate, stacked the other plates on it, whisked them away without question or comment. So for my $15 bucks I basicaly got a soggy limp salad and tastelss soup. My friends insisted on paying but I comprimised by not saying anything since they seem to like coming here. I suggested that if they thought this was good food they should just save a few bucks and swing aroung the corner to Burger King or McDonald's.
There can be no excuse for this poor a quality of food and none whatsoever for the even more lackluster service!
My recommendation - keep driving! There is a Cracker Barrell straight ahead about a mile!

“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I visit on a yearly basis and always go to Mels. The service is excellent and the food is Awesome. I have just back from Naples after visiting my mom and took her to Mels and we had the baby back ribs and they were to die for! The food is always of excellent quality and the service second to none. Highly recommended for any one visiting the states

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winter Haven, Florida
“Good breakfast & lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Sunday morning because we were staying in the area. He likes breakfast, I prefer lunch. We were both satisfied. The corned beef hash my husband ordered was not greasy as often happens. However he received homefries instead of the grits he had ordered. No one came back to check in a timely manner, so we didn't make a big deal out of it. I ordered a BBLT, requesting "lightly toasted rye". The toast was exactly as ordered and the bacon was perfect, not burnt and not greasy. Service was fair. There are daily and blackboard specials. Looks like it would be a good place for milkshakes and floats. Reasonably priced.

• Visited May 2012