“Two great trips again with Capt Chris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Naples Inshore Fishing Charters

Naples Inshore Fishing Charters
1500 Danford St, Naples, FL 34112 (Old Naples)
239-404-6255
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Naples Inshore Fishing offers custom charters for some of the most sought after gamefish in the Gulf of Mexico. Specializing in catching tarpon, snook, redfish, trout and sharks on live bait, fly and lures. You will be fishing shallow mangrove lined bays, oyster bars and deep rock lined passes for these hard fighting fish. My goal is to put you on fish whether your a first time angler or an expert. As a Naples native I have spent my whole life fishing the Naples waters and can show you a great day on the water.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Two great trips again with Capt Chris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

A March visit to Naples provided another chance to get on the water with Capt Chris. My son and I had a blast as always catching loads of snook, reds, trout and jacks with Chris. We always learn when we are on the water with Chris, e.g. how to find bait on wrecks & shore lines, how to read the backcountry waterways, how to adjust when conditions necessitate. All of these learnings improve our fishing greatly when we are on the water by ourselves. We had so much fun that we worked in a second trip during the week to maybe bag some early-season big tarpon. Chris located many stud 100# plus tarpon. It was fun working a variety of presentations to these bruisers, but the big guys were a little tentative on the bite that day and no fish were landed. Sometimes you learn more on a trip when the fish are reluctant to bite (some new knots, rigs, lures, presentations, gear tips) than you do when you crush them all on one technique. So we left the stud tarpon for our May trip and closed out this trip catching a nice assortment of nook, reds, trout and suicidal jacks. Highly Recommend, life is too short to not be on the water fishing back country

Visited March 2014

Chicoutimi, Canada
“Honesty always pays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We booked a fishing day with Chris Friday, March 15th. Sunny but windy with a recent cold front. Bad conditions. Instead of picking us for a boat ride only, he'd prefered to cancel the day. I'm not a Spring chicken in South fishing. Many other guide would taken us on the water with no chances of catching fish only to collect the cash. Not Chris, he behaved himself like a real gentleman. Thanks Chris

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“What a day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

My dad and I went on a half day fishing trip with Chris and it was fantastic! Chris knows the area perfectly and he knows where the fish are. He is a wonderful host and I appreciated that he was so patient with my dad. We caught lots of fish and ended the day reeling in a shark - how cool is that! I totally recommend Captain Chris to anyone looking for a great day on the water... And I look forward to going again next time I'm in the Naples area. Jack

Visited February 2014
Stow, Ohio
“Naples Backwater Charter w Capt Chris McCubbin 1.20.14”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Booked an inshore charter Captain Chris for 1.20.14 and couldn't be happier with the overall experience. First off, given the conditions, we killed it. He would modestly say it could have been a lot better but it was a fantastic afternoon of fishing with my relatively inexperienced parents.
We overcame a shortage of bait and reluctance to catch the small stuff with shrimp by spending an extra few minutes with a last chance to go catch live bait, which Capt. Chris knew would put me on some snook and redfish, which he knew I was clearly yearning to catch for my first time.
To make up for time, he let us fish until dark. As a result, we hooked into around a dozen snook, one giant 9 lb redfish (my moms second cast and the largest of our charter), a few jewfish, ladyfish, mangrove snapper, and jack crevalle.
I would highly recommend chartering with Capt. Chris McCubbin. His local knowledge, coupled with the time & effort put forth to preparing and executing our trip was second to none, much appreciated, and led to fabulous afternoon. Furthermore, Capt. Chris was extremely friendly, patient, and full of fun stories. My mother now thinks she's a seasoned fisherwoman and justifiably so!
Overall, great times! Don't think twice about booking with him!
--Brian

Visited January 2014
Granger, Indiana
“Best in Naples”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I just returned from a day fishing with my Dad, son and Captain Chris. I read all the reviews and researched all the charters- I chose right. Don't believe the hype with number of reviews on other charters. Chris had a new Baby Girl on Friday, and still kept his fishing appointment with us on Saturday. He works to put you onto fish instead of sitting still and saying "they are not biting today". Very patient with my Dad's bad knees and our occasional errant cast into the trees:) Great day and looking forward to next year.

Visited December 2013