“Great hotel with friendly, well-trained staff” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Michigan
“Great hotel with friendly, well-trained staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel on business several times, and each time, I have a consistently great experience. The hotel itself is beautiful and well cared for. The staff is friendly and accomodating. When staff pass you, they make eye contct and greet you with a smile. It's a busy hotel and yet I've always experienced quiet halls and very little noise in my room. I'll be heading to this hotel in July with my wife for a short vacation, and I expect that we will experience the same quality stay again. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
As a frequent business traveler myself, I'm thrilled to hear how comfortable our team made you feel. We believe you should have all the comforts of home and I'm glad you experienced this effort. We look forward to welcoming you & your wife back to the Hilton Naples in July!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed for the Memorial Day weekend. The hotel was decorated, the staff was friendly and courteous, the rooms were clean, activities were well posted. My only issue was the bed, I like firm beds but theirs is soft--but you can sleep fine. The pool and jacuzzi are nice and well stocked with towels.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel & our staff. Glad you were able to get a good nights sleep! Please let us know when we can welcome you back!
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

It was our first time staying in this hilton property, It will not be the last, . WE completely enjoyed all that the hotel offered. As a hhonors member we received exellent costomer service. The executive lounge was an unexpected pleasure, the pool was a delight, breakfast at Shula's was excellent, and our suite meant all our expectations for a Hilton Hotel in Naples Fl. Sincerely R.B.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
LoveNaples09, Director of Marketing at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for giving the Hilton Naples a try! So glad you found so much value as a HHonors Member! Please let us know when we can welcome you back!
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

Stayed 3 nights recently at Hilton naples, I researched the hotel in advance so I had a good idea what to expect. As we had a hire car the location (a short drive from Naples 5th ave etc) was not an issue & we found it easy to get to everywhere we wanted to go.
We had stayed in Naples before but not at the Hilton.

Checked in at around 3.30pm - Staff were friendly. My Hilton Gold status was noted and I was thanked for my loyalty. The staff too the time to explain the hotel amenities which was appreciated.
There were unable to give us a room on the executive level which is the usual Hilton gold benefit (where the Executive lounge is located) but we were given access to the lounge even though we were staying on the 2nd floor. We knew we would be able to get breakfast in the lounge but we were impressed to stay the hotel also gave us daily breakfast vouchers for Shulas.

Room was away from elevators (as requested) and had a pool view. Room was spacious. Had king bed, flatscreen, desk & chair, airmchair & footstool, Coffee maker, fridge (empty for guest to use). The only slight negative is the decor - I counted about 5-6 different patterns (carpet, window sheers, Footstool, Chair, etc) - so its a bit busy
Bed was comfortable & room was very clean

Room was quiet apart from the second night when I was woken at around 3am as a group who appeared drunk had decided to go swimming & were screaming & shouting - I rang down to front desk (as pool closes at 10pm) they apologised and said they were just about to go and ask them to leave the pool area (as other guests has already complained) and true to their word within minutes all was quiet once again. Good to see the staff were as good as their word.

Pool Area:
Due to shape narrow and very close to side of hotel) & location I thought it would be shaded but even in the late afternoon the pool seemed to have the sun.

Breakfast & Shulas:
Service was professional (on the weekend there were a few younger less expereinced waiters but the older more expereinced staff kept an eye on everything & ensured all ran smoothly)
Breakfast vouchers were good for the buffet or you could order off the menu we tried both options - a la carte breakfast was excellent - can recomend the Eggs Benedict, Omlette, Granola. Coffee was very good, staff great. Its a nice room - what you expect from a steakhouse. Did not dine there in the evening but looks like it would be a nice spot.

Extras:
One refreshing change was the fact the hotel does not nickle and dime you - great in an area like Naples where you expect lots of added extras!
Hotel offers free wifi (signal was a bit weak but its nice to get it for free)
Parking both self & valet was free
Free bike rental - did not use myself but saw others using them
Free beach shuttle with free chairs & cooler etc - again we were made aware of this benefit but we drove ourselves to a favourite beach rather than use this benefit

Executive Lounge:
Unlike at many Hiltons the lounge was open 7 days a week (often hotels close them at weekends)
Staff was very friendly and acknowledged all guests.
I enjoyed coffe in AM - early evening there was a selction of hot & gold appitizers, a cheese plate, Crudities & dip, desserts & Cookies - Great.

Check out:
The bill showed a charge we did not recognise & I raised this on checkout - I assumed we had been charged for breakfast even though we has vouchers - when the staff eventually found the receipt/bill it turns out the charge was for drinks at the pool - I explained that we never ordered any drinks at pool (we only visited the pool once for about 30 mins!) and the signature was totally differnet to mine (it did not even start with my first initial!) - once I challenged the charge it was removed but it shows it pays to check your bill in detail.

We booked in advance & secured a very good rate and the Hilton, Naples offered exceptional value overall - we would certainly return next time we are in the area

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Special kudos to you for your very thorough review. I appreciate the time you took to let us & our reviewers know what you thought of the different experiences offered here at the Hilton Naples. So glad you found the Hilton Naples to be an exceptional value & I look forward to welcoming you back!
Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Where do I begin?
-Found pubic hair in the shower on our second day to take our first shower.
-Front desk was unfriendly, very short and acted like I bothered them when I called, each time. I felt like a nuisance.
-The lady that checked us in the hotel was very unfriendly and unresponsive when I tried to strike up a small conversation about how long our flight was from Omaha and drive was from Orlando along with how tired our family was but noticed that she was very polite and talkative to the couple in front of me to check in and even upgraded them after asking them if they were a Hilton Rewards member. She didn't even ask me if I was.
-The hotel was not family friendly at all.
-The front desk did not offer an upgrade to a better room for an additional amount of money, which we would have graciously accepted and paid the extra amount.
-When we asked the front desk for beach chairs and towels they stated we could come down and grab them but when I came down to ask for them, they had no idea what I was talking about and I had to locate them myself.
-The curtains in our room would not close and not designed to.
-The nicest, only friendly people in the hotel, were the shuttle drivers to and from the beach.
-I observed that the hotel staff was extremely nice to other guests- this gives me the impression that my family was unwanted for a particular reason.
-My impression is that since my family was a minority race, they did not want us here because everyone else in the hotel was white.

So I wrote a review after receiving an email from Hilton and told them about my horrible experience. They offered me one free night but did not attach the document they stated was in the email. I wrote back and said I think they should reconsider to something more and that the attachment wasn't in the email, he wrote back that we hope we reconsider and still didn't attach the document. Obviously they want to offer the free night but not follow through so that just tells me that much more that we weren't wanted there. Hmmm.....prejudice much? And a little (actually completely) snobby!!! The experience at Hilton RUINED our entire trip!!! There are plenty other nice hotels, that are cheaper in Naples and trust me, you can't go wrong with the neighborhood because everywhere is nice. Trust me, you do NOT want to stay here, especially if you are a minority and with a family. After staying here, we went to Holiday Inn Express-Sarasota/Siesta Key and the hotel staff was very friendly and cared A LOT about our staff and to make sure we're comfortable. This is was a big relief from the Hilton Naples.

Room Tip: Don't even stay here!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
clarkhill, General Manager at Hilton Naples, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
As the hotel opening and only General Manager at this property, I would like to assure readers that the underlying team member culture has always been focused on the complete satisfaction of every guest. The ongoing correspondence related to this review includes the following:

Dear,

Thank you for the thought of a complimentary one night stay at your hotel. Unfortunately, I never received the attachment and I would not come all the way from Lincoln, Nebraska to Naples, Florida just to stay at your Hilton for ONE night. The chance of me coming back to Naples after the experience I had at your hotel is slim to none. We had a seven night vacation in Florida and chose to stay 3 nights in Naples at your hotel. To our much dismay, our time at your hotel was very unfriendly and may have been a little prejudice on your part, which caused our entire stay in Naples something we will always regret. I will not accept your offer for a ONE night stay at your hotel and wait to see if you can reevaluate your offer that would make us more than happy to not only come back to Naples, but make us LOVE Hilton hotels once again.

Addressing the concerns listed in the review please see the following:

• “the hotel staff was extremely nice to other guests- this gives me the impression that my family was unwanted for a particular reason. My impression is that since my family was a minority race, they did not want us here because everyone else in the hotel was white”.
o The Hilton Naples welcomes more than 75,000 guests every year from all over the world and employs Team Members from 14 countries. Naples is an upscale destination that embraces the arts, education, and we are proud to be part of a community that treats all people as equals.

• Not Family Friendly –
o The Hilton Naples offers the following COMPLIMENTARY features:
• Bicycles
• Basket Ball
• Table Tennis
• Beach Package with transportation, chairs, cooler of ice and bottled water
• Children’s TV Channels
• Swimming pool
• Family Packages with games for children

• No offer of upgrade
o The Hilton Hhonors program includes as a benefit for frequent travelers a room upgade upon availability

• Curtains did not close:
o Notifying the Guest Services Team would have allowed this to be resolved immediately

We are sincerely sorry that you found your experience less than satisfactory and that you will not accept the one night stay offered as a token of the sincerity of our apology. You did suggest that you would consider something of greater value and we ask that you please clarify your request. After stating that you would not return to Naples or the hotel, you wrote the following: “see if you can reevaluate your offer that would make us more than happy to not only come back to Naples, but make us LOVE Hilton hotels once again”.
Tibshelf, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

stayed at this hotel for 8 nights very reasonably priced for a Hilton, lovely big room, they brought us strawberries in chocolate and half a bottle of champers for our anniversary, staff very good and helpful, shulas restaurant very good if rather expensive, breakfast good, service excellent, pool lovely and warm, did not care too much for having to use the house phone to ring for drinks round pool, would have preferred a pool service, sunbeds really nice, surrounding area very beautiful, the waterside shops and restaurants amazing. would definitely recommend this hotel although for a longer stay you may need a car or prefer to be closer to down town Naples, but we liked the beach the shops and the pool so it was good for us,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your Anniversary with us. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed yourselves with the different amenities the Hilton Naples offers as all that Naples offers. Wishing you many continued years of wedded bliss!
San Francisco, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I may have over-expected but I thought I'd get more umph from a Hilton.
Pros: Shuttle to the beach (though it stops running at 4 PM), pool is nice
Cons: $2 for a cup of coffee in the AM? And Starbucks/ help yourself at that? I really thought with their prices they could at least have had free coffee.
Also, a maid who cleaned my room left two lights on. I complained to the front desk- what a waste of electricity. She responded that some people complain if the maids DON'T keep their lights and TV on, to welcome them home, so they need to strike a balance. I hate to say it, but what a statement about how wasteful some people are in this country. Electricity doesn't grow on trees! Hilton should take a stand. If there is no one in the room, the electricity should be OFF.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. While the hotel does charge for it’s coffee, we do offer several complimentary values such as free parking, free internet in the hotel rooms, complimentary usage of our fitness and business centers in addition to the complimentary shuttle, beach chairs & bottled water. I do hope you were able to take advantage of these additional amenities. As Naples’ first hotel to complete the rigorous standards to qualify for the State of FL Green Lodging Hotel, I can empathize with your view on wasted electricity. We do give guests the choice to take responsibility for the environment to turn off those lights and appliances such as TV’s when departing the room, to recycle by providing the appropriate bins in all guest rooms and to hang up towels to reuse. Thank you again for your comments. I have shared with our Hilton “Green” team who are in charge of our environmentally focused initiatives.

Been to Hilton Naples? Share your experiences!