“Disappointed since it was rated #1 on Tripadvisor” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples

Save Saved
You added Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples to your Saves list
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12200 Tamiami Trail North, Naples, FL 34110 (North Naples)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Wine, Dine, & Sunshine
Ranked #2 of 58 hotels in Naples
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sunrise, Florida
“Disappointed since it was rated #1 on Tripadvisor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a previous issue at this hotel a while back, but was more than willing to give it a second chance. Overall, I came away underwhelmed. I'm not a big fan of the Hilton network, having usually chosen an IHG hotel. But The reviews for this hotel merited consideration.
The check-in process was quick and smooth, no issue. I had been upgraded to a riverview suite. Having checked in at 5pm I was surprised to have to navigate around 3 housekeeping carts in the hall en route to my room. Nonetheless, the room was well appointed and clean. It seemed like the bed hadnt finished being made which was strange, but otherwise all seemed in order.
I will say that given the location and amenities of the hotel, coupled with the quality and size of the room I would say that its overpriced, The river view is nothing like you would expect, and was honestly lacking. The balcony was quite large, but would've gladly traded a smaller balcony for a larger room. Overall the suite seemed poorly organized, and cramped and crowded. Disappointed that the suite was so small. Beyond that, there were a lot of little issues like asking for but never receiving pillows and towels. Housekeeping never cleaning the room and having to change towels out with front desk. Hot tub not quite working. Being sent on an expedition for a pepsi, when it turns out all the vending and ice machines had been taken out the day before. Lastly even tho my debit card had been 'authorized' for the amount of my room plus taxes and $50 for incidentals, they put another authorization on my card because I had drinks at the bar. Once I checked out it didnt seem to be an issue, but the original authorization posted to my account along with the incidentals, but the additional hold was still present. I waited a week and called the hotel and all I received was a short explanation that the system does it automatically. I spoke with Robinjill, her explanation was given with an unflattering condescension in her voice. I ended up contacting my bank and they cancelled the hold on my card.

Debra at the bar, and Hope at the front desk are JEWELS. They were wonderful every step of the way, and deserve promotions.

That being said, if you dont mind paying extra for a quiet location, and dont need many amenities or space, then this is your place. Overall the Waldorf Astoria would've only been $35 more a night, and a significant difference. I will not be returning.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY Close to the elevators, the mechanical room is quite loud and I can't imagine sleepi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeGM, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We regret to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping challenges in your room that are not typical at our hotel. We appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We have discussed this with our team so that similar situations do not occur. I apologize for the miscommunication the extra charges incurred on your bill. I can assure you this has been addressed. I’m so pleased to hear that Debra and Hope offered an excellent experience and will make sure to personally thank them. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more concerns. We would really love to have you back for a true DoubleTree Naples experience.

1,006 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The wife and I took a three day break in Naples. The good reviews we read helped us pick the Doubletree and our experience confirmed the high marks this hotel has earned. We have absolutely no complaints. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was just outstanding. The breakfast bar was stocked with yummy fresh fruit, home made granola, and organic bran muffins. We also took advantage of the free coffee and delicious cookies. And a beautiful beach park is just minutes away. We will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeGM, General Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are delighted that you had such a great experience and for taking the time to share it. We look forward to your return!
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We (family of four with two small kids) only stayed for one night on our way from miami to anna maria island. We even arrived late but still were able to enjoy the amazing hospitality of the doubletree team in naples. Everything was top, from friendliness at check in, quality of beds, breakfast staff. Ok, rooms are a bit dated but who cares when they are well maintained. Highly recommended!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad your family enjoyed their short stay. We are currently changing our guest room furniture so the rooms will have a fresh, new look next time you visit! We jope to see you back for a longer visit soon.
NIagara Falls, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Good location, clean and quiet. Check in was friendly and efficient. Parking was convenient and plentiful. Business center was located on a guestroom floor, looks like it was a guestroom on the corner now with windows but fully functional. Could use some updates but if that's the worst thing I can think of...you get the picture.Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Fantastic staff! From Front Office to Housekeeping to Food & Beverage, the staff were wonderful. It's no doubt this hotel has been number one in its brand for years! Be sure to meet Angelique--she's a gem and wil ensure your stay is most memorable. I cannot wait to return.

Windermere,Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed 2 week-end nights and every single staff member was extremely courteous and working hard to make sure we had what we needed. The rooms are very nice,the hotel is undergoing a renovation but our room was finished and the renovation team was quiet and discreet. When I asked about a room closer to the pool ,we were shown one but chose to stay in the suite near the river. We locked ourselves out of our safe and out of our room once.We received quick and friendly help both times. The spacious pool area is also very nice with choices in seating areas. I really like the suites and especially at a reasonable cost.

Room Tip: The suites on the river are large with corner verandas. They're a little bit of a walk if mobili...
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was a very well priced, well located hotel for us. Welcoming staff, cookies, free coffee, free internet. Nice quiet rooms....BUT the heating/cooling system was SO annoying. On and off, on and off all night. Very loud. For all the great things I can say about this property, the annoyance of the HVAC system is the one thing that I remember the most. Too bad, because this hotel has everything ELSE right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeRevMngr, Manager at Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your honest review. We are truly disappointed to hear about the problems you encountered with the cycling of the HVAC in your suite. We are certainly aware of similar challenges and are currently working to improve. It was good to read that you did overall enjoy the hotel. Please consider giving us another try the next time you are in the Naples area.

Been to Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples? Share your experiences!