“If this is Naples best I feel sorry for Naples” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Jacksonville, Florida
“If this is Naples best I feel sorry for Naples”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

While visiting family in Bonita Springs, we decided to try Salsa Brave. First, we did not realize the size of the establishment and we had a group of 8 people. A couple already seated graciously moved to another table so that we were able to all be seated together. The waiter was friendly and took our drink orders and brought chips and salsa. The salsa appeared to be a Tomatillo based salsa and had a nice flavor. The drinks on the other hand for most of the group were not good. Apparently the mixer was VERY light on the syrup and they were mostly carbonated water. It was indicated that the problem was only in some of the options, changes were made and new drinks were brought. I avoided the entire problem by drinking Negro Modelo. Now on to the entrees. I cannot speak to all of them, only to the dish I had and comments by my wife on hers. i ordered the Shredded beef Enchiladas and she had I believe taquitos although I believe the dish had a another name. The beef in the enchilada to me seemed more chopped than shredded, but that is a subjective thing so that was ok. My main issue is that I expected to find some flavors of peppers or other marinades in the beef and felt it was bland. Not what I was expecting. The rice was nothing exceptional and the refried beans were too thin for my taste. My wife thought the beef was ok, but felt the same way about the rice and beans. My biggest issue is that when I finished my beer, the waiter asked if I wanted another but I decided to try the Jamaica Tea. i waited and waited but no tea arrived. meanwhile someone brought a small container of some sort of syrup and gave it to our niece. She did not know what it was and left it sitting. Eventually I asked someone where my Jamaica tea was and he said I gave it to her. My response was WHY. he then went into an explanation about what it was and why it was good and natural and on and on and on. My response was Bring me what I ordered. All in All, the food was not exceptional compared to the places we eat in Jacksonville. I have also eaten in what I consider better Mexican restaurants in Fort Myers. I would not make a special trip to eat here again and as I said, look around, I think there are better options.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Naples, Florida, United States
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant is an authentic Mexican gem hidden in a world of chain restaurants. Jose, the owner, uses his grandmother's recipes, and even makes some unique Latin teas likes his Jamacian - from the Mexican Hibuscus flower. Some would call it small, I call it intimate. No, it's not fancy, but if you like authentic Mexican food, not Tex-Mex chain food, and a truly hospitable and friendly staff, this is definitely a dining treat from the old world.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, Indiana
“Not good at all!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

So many great reviews and just a few bad... Should have listened to the bad... Greasy menus... Flat drinks... Most of the food ordered was terrible. We love "hole in the wall" places and love Mexican. This place just wasn't good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Hype”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went here because of the reviews. Should have read further. This place is way over hyped. First of all its really small, maybe 7 tables. The menu was greasy and the table was sticky. Should have been a clue. The 1 waitress was overwhelmed. The chips were coated with grease, unedible. Limited selection of drinks & beer. Waited 45 minutes for food that was dry (steak & chicken) and luke warm at best. Have no idea what the attraction is. Do yourself a favor and skip this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida, United States
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have been to Salsa Brava on several occasions. The latest trip, we sat at the bar area that overlooked the kitchen. It gave us an opportunity to interact with the staff, and it only made our experience better. The food, as usual was fantastic and authentic.

• Visited June 2013