“Would not return” 2 of 5 stars
Review of La Bamba

La Bamba
5323 Airport Pulling Rd N, Naples, FL 34109 (North Naples)
(239) 594-1212‎
Neighborhood: North Naples
Naples, Florida
“Would not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Went with friends to try LaBamba, as we had heard some mixed reviews. Our review is poor. With the 4 of us they may have had a total of 16 or 18 diners between 6:45 and 9:00 when we left....did not linger over food and drink, just good conversation...the place was empty. Waitress was polite, friendly but the food was not good. My wife and I shared an order of frajitas(for which we were surcharged)..their special of the night--beef tenderloin..which we believe was just previously cooked and then heated to serve..meat was very dry as was whole dish, and tasteless. Our companions had chimichanga and burritos, and found them uninspiring but they seemed to be fresh made. The best part of the whole meal was the Queso,however chips were thick and crunchy but not warm, salsa was bland, and I feel as though I still have the meal laying in my gut... Sorry, but I could not recommend La Bamba. If you want really good Mexican go to LaFogata the corner of Bonita Spriings Blvd and US 41- definitely worth the drive; for something closer in Naples--we have found Mr. Tequila to be very good.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ayr, Canada
“Not Inspired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Three of us had a dinner here in late March. Our server was friendly and the food was plentiful.

Unfortunately, I wasn't inspired. I have never been inspired by Mexican cuisine and I was hoping that a restaurant in the 'deep south' would do the trick. I'm sorry to say it didn't do the trick. Perhaps it's me but I think there's just so much you can do with beans, rice, diced tomatoes, guacamole and grilled meats. So far as I'm concerned, I'll take a Moo Shu from a Chinese restaurant over a soft flour tortillas any day.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, FL
“Chinese Vegetables in an Enchilada?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I try to find something good to say about each business I review. That being said, I am having a hard time finding a positive with any part of our experience at La Bamba. The new location is located in a shopping center so when we chose to eat outside, we didn't expect peaceful surroundings. However the outdoor tables are under ver harsh white lights and awful canned music that sounds like a constant drone in the background. We had to move inside which is a little more pleasant.
The salsa was put on the table and it seemed like it was tomato sauce mixed in with picante sauce. Maybe this is desirable to others but I felt it was a really odd tasting mixture. I asked the waitress what a particular drink was on the menu that sounded interesting and she shrugged and said "I don't know" with a smile. I asked her if she could find out and she said "sure" with a smile and asked me what I would like to drink without skipping a beat.
Then our entrees came out. I had ordered vegetable enchiladas. They looked good on the plate but as I cut into it, I started seeing an oriental vegetable mixture of snow peas, water chestnuts, broccoli and baby corn mixed in with the same odd picante/tomato sauce combo. Needless to say, it was not a tasty mixture . The kicker to me is that the new location took over a Chinese restaurant that has been closed for some time. Conicidence?
My family's food was a little more authentic using traditional Mexican ingredients but neither were impressed and said it was all very bland. The waitress never came back over and after sitting for long while, we had to ask her for the check even when it was evident that we did not eat hardly anthing and pushed the plates to the side of the table. It was pretty pricey for Mexican food as well ( not to mention really bad Chinese inspired-Mexican food). Overall, I would never recommend anyone to go to this restaurant as the service, quality, atmosphere and ingredients were really very sub-par. I'll stick with Maria's in Bonita Springs...a little further of a drive but very worth it.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wilden Kaiser
“Expected more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We love Mexican food but were a little disappointed about the quality of the food and service.

Visited February 2012
Naples, FL
“Pathetic Service and totally rude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stopped by for lunch. Two occupied tables inside, three outside, and two servers. Sat down and everything started off great until we were advised that chips and salsa are now an additional charge. OK, since we're here, let's just go ahead and order them, so we did. The salsa was like tomato soup with a little cilantro. I ordered a combo with a taco and chicken enchelada. The chicken was so salty I couldn't eat it. The server, when delivering our food, was having a conversation with another coworker in Spanish, as she put down the plates and advised us they were hot, and immediately started speaking in Spanish again before leaving the table. I asked if she was speaking to me and she said "No, to the girl over there." The girl was three tables away and the conversation was loud. We then asked for seperate checks and she told us they don't have a computer and she only had one check. I asked for a calculator and told her I would figure it out for her. She said she would take care of it and, 10 minutes later, we had our checks. My colleague had a taco salad. There was pico di gallo on her taco salad. She asked why we couldn't have gotten some to throw in the salsa and the response was we have to charge more if you start mixing up sauces. We left. I've been going to the location on Davis since it had opened and this one as it is convenient to work, but no more.

• Visited February 2012