“Excellent food and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grill

The Grill
280 Vanderbilt Beach Rd., Ritz-Carlton, Naples, FL 34108 (North Naples)
+1 239-514-6001
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 800 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Naples
Description: Exuding sophistication, The Grill's new design is a contemporary update to a classic masterpiece. Retaining the beautiful crystal chandeliers, impeccable service and exceptional menu offerings that The Grill's discerning patrons have come to expect, the design features a soft gray palette, inspired by the Gulf of Mexico after a summer rain. Providing the best culinary experience, The Grill is the perfect setting for an intimate dinner that lingers into the late hours with menu selections including dry-aged beef, fresh seafood, seasonal favorites and a collection of international award-winning wines. Reservations recommended. Dress for the evening is casual elegance. We request that attire such as shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, and ripped jeans be reserved for another occasion. Voted Diners Choice Best Naples Restaurant by Open Table Diners.
St. Augustine FL
“Excellent food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had dinner last night with some business clients and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the filet which was dry aged for 28 days and it was amazing!

Other items ordered were the Veal, Ribeye (Huge) and a Halibut. Everything was cooked just right and tasted amazing.

The service was very good and this is what you call dining.

This is a great place for business or that special occasion.

Cost for steak and fish around $45.00. plus extras

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Miramar, Florida
“One of the best steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Everything we had was delicious. The service was excellent. The steaks were the best, veggies terrific, took as long as we wanted to dine, didn't feel rushed, great atmosphere.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have an expression that goes something like 'all fur coat and no underwear' .... bit the same as style over substance. That's The Grill for you.
As my reviews often state, we travel globally and eat in Michelin starred restaurants everywhere. I believe I know about food.
I add to that my absolute favourite hotel group is the Ritz Carlton AND we have eaten in The Grill before.
We will not, again.
Pretentious to a fault. Yes, great service but it was an empty restaurant and lacked any atmosphere. Singer/pianist sounded bored and left early.
Shrimp cocktail was served with an over zealous sauce. My Halibut served with gnocchi, truffle and pancetta was one ingredient too many. Whilst the pancetta is there for crunch and salt I would prefer it not. A simple crumble topping and adjustment in seasoning would do the trick. The Halibut was overcooked and dry.
My husband ordered a Dover Sole - the cost of which probably factored in the transport costs from Dover (in England for those not sure). It is a delicate fish and needs a gentle pan fry. This one was like rubber.
I opted for the Grand Marnier soufflé. My favourite - I eat it a great deal in France where it is a old standard. Given that it is a constant offering at The Grill I would hope the chef could get it right. Far too cakey, not light, rise not good and no taste of the Grand Marnier.
As you need to take out a mortgage to eat here this is simply not good enough.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral, Florida
“UNBELIEVABLE SERVICE AND AND EXCELLENT MEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Let me say up front, I have had great service in other places, but service at the Ritz was Outstanding. When we sat down we were given complimentary crudites and dip along with our bread and soft pretzels. I had the Grill-ed Pineapple Cocktail and my husband had a glass of Red wine.

The atmosphere was quiet and subdued. The dress code here is Resort Casual. That means that men do not need a jacket or tie, but should wear slacks. We did notice some people seemed a little too casual, but we saw no one turned away,

Any questions I had about the food were honestly answered. I had the Lobster Bisque which not only had chunks of lobster, but also had an claw (sans shell) Rich and very tasty, however slightly salty. My husband had the mushroom risotto which he liked very much. For our entrees, I chose the Fillet and my husband had the New York Strip. My Fillet was so tender, it cut like butter and was cooked to perfection. My husbands New York Strip was quite tasty. We both ordered Au Gratin potatoes, but I had the asparagus and he had haricot vert.
All were good, but the potatoes were to die for. Just a tip, for most people these a la carte vegetables are enough for two.

By this time I was stuffed, however I can never give up desert. I had the twelve layer chocolate cake. Now much of the time chocolate cake is dry. I asked our waiter about this one and was told the chef drenches each layer with simple syrup as it comes out of the oven so that it is never dry and he was correct. It was rich and sinfully delicious. My husband opted out of desert. I told our waiter I would share mine with him and he had the kitchen split the cake for us. Just another special touch from the Grill. After everything, we got two chocolate nut cookies.
Needless to say, we did not finish everything, but it was all just a very special evening for our 20th anniversary.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Palm City, Florida
“Nice ambiance...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

An extensive wine list. A lovely fireplace in the center of the restaurant. The rib eye was like butter so was the lobster my husband ordered. My dad ordered the rack of lamb. It was delicious but the portion was a little on the small size. The baked potato was the best he had ever had. You must order the chocalate souffle. My only complaint is that they don't serve vanilla ice cream with the souffle. It was a very lovely dining experience.

Visited August 2012