“Lack of security.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 59 hotels in Naples
River Falls, Wisconsin, United States
“Lack of security.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Inspite of the "old Motel" feel of this property my main complaint is with the safety and security of the room I was assigned. My window crank was broken and the window could be opened form the outside allowing an intruder to enter at any time. When I made my complaint known to the staff I was told there were no other rooms available and it could not be repaired until morning. When I decided I would leave the property to locate another hotel I was denied my prepaid refund. When I spoke with the manager the next day, she was rude and unaccommodating. Save yourself the hassle and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Good experiences at Fairfield Inn and Suites off I75, Inn of Naples, La Quinta Inn, and Ramada near...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FairwaysNaples, Manager at Fairways Inn of Naples, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for referring to the " old motel " feel of the property as many people like that feeling.

We are in a safe, secure community at te Fairways and do not like to feel that any of our guest feel unsafe. We were successful in finding a room to relocate you to and when someone returned to explain what options we had to offer, you had already booked with another hotel. Our policy ( as with other motels) is not to refund the first nights room and tax without a cancellation of 72hrs or in your case, if we had not tried to remedy, had we been given the opportunity to move you to another room before you booked elsewhere, we would have done so.

Please come visit us at the Fairways Inn once again and let us make it up to you and any differences or concerns you may have experienced.

Judi Bautista
Manager

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff is pretty snippy and the non-refundable pet fee of $50 per night (which we couldn't find on their website) is really over the top considering the condition and age of the place. Pets certainly couldn't make it any worse. Our room actually smelled, wasn't very clean, and in poor repair. For example, the shower valve was so old they had to write "C" and "H" for cold and hot on the shower wall with a sharpie. The television couldn't be turned to face the bed, and the blinds didn't operate properly. Everything had a damp feel to it, if we hadn't had our pet with us we would have moved on.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We have always received wonderful compliments about the cleanliness of our small charming motel as well as the friendliness of our staff, and of course we do not like to hear otherwise. Let us make it up to you with a complimentary 2 night stay. However, due to the small size of our property and the consideration of the other guest, the pet policy must remain the same; full grown dogs under 25lbs are permitted with a one time per pet non-refundable fee of $50, this policy is listed on the online websites in small print.

Please give us another opportunity to welcome you to The Fairways Inn of Naples.
Jackson, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at Fairways on our first trip to Fl. We had an excellent expierence. Its not fancy, but it was very clean and the staff was excellent. Everyone went the extra mile to make our stay pleasant.(staff and guests alike) They even allowed me to leave my truk and trailer on the property while we toured Southwest Fl on our motorcycle.
If your looking for a place to use as a base to explore the Naples area I would highly recomment Fairways.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bishop's Stortford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very clean and welcoming. Complementary breakfast was a good start to the day. We ate outside our room in the morning. Good choice for a night or two. A nice touch was two bottles of water in our room,along with some homemade cookies .Pool area was clean and we had it to ourselves. If we returned to Naples would probably choose to stay nearer as this was a bit of a drive from places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband travels a lot with his business. He is in the travel industry. He is use to staying in the 5 star hotels that his company pays for. Our budget does not support the 5 star hotel stay. We have a huge family and normally end up with two rooms. My husband also travels a lot with our sons for sporting event. Many times this travel includes more than 2 or 3 other boys whose family could not go. With my husbands good taste in hotels it is hard for me to find a place that is suitable for his taste and our budget. I always read the reviews and look at the pictures guest take. When I found this hotel it really seemed too good to be true. The price was totally perfect, reviews stated it was very clean. I booked this room for a sports event. Efficiency that slept 6. I was a little worried it would be all that the reviews said it was. When my husband arrived at the hotel with 5 teenage boys in tow he was delighted. It is not a 5 star hotel but they totally made them feel like they were in a 5 star hotel. Vintage Florida charm with the personal touches of a family owned business. The staff gave the boys popcorn, baked cookies and went out of their way to make sure everyone felt like honored guest. Rooms were clean, continental breakfast was plentiful. Everyone was satisfied and happy. My 5 star husband says he Will be back again to visit. Thank you!

Room Tip: Great value, great location to the Soccer field for tournaments.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We booked this hotel 20 minutes before arriving after another one had fallen through.
It is a wonderful place with a lovely vintage feel. Upon check- in we were greeted by a lovely smiley lady who even upgraded our room for us.
The room we were given clean, spacious with a fully equipped kitchen. The refrigerator was huge and had a full freezer.
The bathroom was spotless with a very powerful hairdryer which seems to be hard to find in many of the hotels I have stayed in on my trip.
There is a large, well kept pool set in a beautiful tropical garden with seating areas and picnic tables set up. there is even 3 gas grills for you to use if you want to have a BBQ. At night this whole area is lit up with fairy lights and it looks beautiful.
they also have an air conditioned gazebo set in the gardens where breakfast is served or you can sit throughout the day or evening.
Location was great- Delnor Wiggins State park is a beautiful beach only 5 minutes away, downtown Naples is a 15 minute drive away, and there are pleanty of restaurants and shops minutes away. The hotel itself is set in a quiet, residential area.
All in all, this place is perfect for its reasonable price. I only wish that we could have stayed here a little longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairways Inn of Naples? Share your experiences!