“Nice staff, charming motel on the outside but really just adequate on the inside.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairways Inn of Naples

You added Fairways Inn of Naples to your Saves list
Fairways Inn of Naples
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   103 Palm River Blvd., Naples, FL 34110   |
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in Naples
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

Booked this motel because it was pet friendly. Beware of the pet policy. I was told through hotels.com that there was a REFUNDABLE $50 pet deposit. NOT TRUE. It's actually a non-refundable $50 pet fee which is a little ridiculous.

My take on the property is very friendly and helpful desk staff, quite charming in the back pool area but actual rooms are average at best. Place was fine as we only stayed one night but think I prefer something slightly more updated next time around.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Creve Coeur, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

If you're looking for real Florida charm look no further. This is the place for you. Close to the beach, rooms are excellent and pet friendly, who doesn't love that. A close friend recommended this to us and I must say he didn't really do it justice. It's a must stay on your bucket list if Florida is your destination. And who's isn't.

Room Tip: Brought my kids and could feel secure with them in the next room while my husband and I enjoyed some...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was my 8th trip to Naples and the 1st at Fairways Resort and I couldn't have been more surprised and delighted. Even though this is an older inn they have kept it updated and a classic Florida charm. The standard rooms are small and very clean but I did see the efficiencies which were larger with full apartment size kitchen/dining area, two beds and a "living" area. Next time I stay I will stay in these type rooms. The pool / garden area is very private while the gazebo was quaint and housed a satisfying continental breakfast.
What makes this place really special was the staff that treated you as one of their own. Kathleen checked us in and after our one hundred and one questions she still was warm and welcoming. Over our three day stay there she always greeted us by name and asked how we were enjoying our stay. Maria was another clerk who was always smiling and helpful giving us tips on where to go and how to get there. When we checked out she made sure we enjoyed our stay and that we were satisfied with out visit there.
We will be back and have already recommended that inn to all of our friends who will be coming to Naples in the next few months!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

With its Old Florida charm that's quickly vanishing from chain hotels in the area, the Fairways Resort has my business for my next trip to Naples for sure. The lush grounds make you feel like you're secluded from the rest of the world. The hotel is off the beaten path but it is close enough to everything so you don't have far to travel to get anywhere.

The deluxe efficiency is the way to go. The room was huge with a couch, full kitchen, dinning table, and large sliding glass doors that lead out to the pool and gardens where there were gas grills for my outdoor cooking needs. I'm not looking for sterile operating room cleanliness however they do keep the rooms clean enough to eat off of. The pool was sparkling and just the right temperature to swim in every day. The AC unit made my room a nice place to enter out of the hot Florida sun. The flat screen TV with cable channels and WiFi worked just great.

One of my major dislikes in most hotels is how the shower operates. The Fairways Resort passed the grade by not having any of the problems I normally encounter, which are low pressure, long delay for hot water to appear, and tubs that don't drain. The water came out nice and hot with little time for it to heat up and the drain did not disappoint either. Not once did I stand in ankle deep water. The towels were even thicker than the ones I have at home.

The continental breakfast was more than I had anticipated. There was a large assortment to choose from with muffins, danishes, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit salad, bagels with cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, and tea. Normally I see so little at other places I pass on eating but I had something different to choose from every day. I really like that it was in a separate gazebo and not in the front lobby like many other hotels.

Even though I didn't bring my dog with me for this trip I know that the next time she will be welcomed and appreciated by the staff. A few times when I needed to use the computer in the office to print something another guest would be there with their dog and the management even had doggie treats to give him. I got to play with the coolest Pug which made me just a bit jealous that I had left my Jack Russel back in California.

The staff was always considerate and concerned with my wants and needs. I arrived late at night when the office was closed but with a simple three digit phone number to call from the outside phone I was quickly greeted by Judi who had me processed and into my room before I knew it. The other front desk personnel, Maria and Kathleen, were very helpful with directions and great suggestions on restaurants and sights to see.

The Fairways Resort is an unexpected value that really keeps the hospitality aspect as their key ingredient. I wish I could find more like it in the other destinations I travel to. Even better I wish I could take it along with me to those other cities.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have been visiting the Fairways Resort for several years, and it has its own unique charm. Yes, aspects of the property are a bit run down, and despite identifying itself as a "resort" it is essentially a motel. But in many ways it is an exceptional motel, located in a quiet residential area, away from from the noise and bustle of the Tamiani Trail (Highway 41) but accessible to it within minutes.
The bedrooms are fairly basic, but they are being spruced up, and they are pleasant and comfortable. If you book one with a full kitchen, you will be very well equipped.
The bathrooms are functional and acceptable, although the absence of bar soaps in favor of liquid dispensers both beside the basin and in the bath-shower seems unfortunate. I normally head down the road to the supermarket to buy some regular soap. But the facilities are spotless.
I think the biggest selling point is the courtyard pool area which offers lots of greenery and a sheltered pleasant atmosphere. Although it's time to retire some of the older poolside furniture, this is a singularly attractive area.
A substantial continental breakfast is available each morning in the charming pavilion on the grounds. There's nothing pretentious about the Fairways. Compared with some of the more modern and more glitzy establishments on the strip, it's modest. But Judy and her staff are terrific. They know how to make you feel welcome. It's a gem of an operation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The reasonable nightly price included the following: A tranquil setting, Full Kitchen (An Option that I endorse), Continental Style Breakfast, Wireless Internet, A/C, Cable Television, pool and a clean room.
Although this is an older motel, the accommodations were highly acceptable. The A/C Wall Unit functioned well and could even be adjusted to an ICE COLD SETTING. My fellow tenants were well behaved and the motel staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Maria was a motel associate who had the best interest of her vistors at heart. She was pleasant and highly competent at managing her resort duties. For a professional staff, clean room, and quiet setting, don't let the lower motel ranking fool you; THIS MOTEL IS A "DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH." I would recommend this motel to friends, family, and the Trip Advisor Community.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
bradenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here out of necessity (I needed an efficiency apartment while my more permanent living schedule worked itself out) and I could not have been happier. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the room was clean and convenient for all my needs.

I will be back.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Fairways Inn of Naples? Share your experiences!