“Real Florida Charm” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 58 hotels in Naples
Ocala, Florida
“Real Florida Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was my 8th trip to Naples and the 1st at Fairways Resort and I couldn't have been more surprised and delighted. Even though this is an older inn they have kept it updated and a classic Florida charm. The standard rooms are small and very clean but I did see the efficiencies which were larger with full apartment size kitchen/dining area, two beds and a "living" area. Next time I stay I will stay in these type rooms. The pool / garden area is very private while the gazebo was quaint and housed a satisfying continental breakfast.
What makes this place really special was the staff that treated you as one of their own. Kathleen checked us in and after our one hundred and one questions she still was warm and welcoming. Over our three day stay there she always greeted us by name and asked how we were enjoying our stay. Maria was another clerk who was always smiling and helpful giving us tips on where to go and how to get there. When we checked out she made sure we enjoyed our stay and that we were satisfied with out visit there.
We will be back and have already recommended that inn to all of our friends who will be coming to Naples in the next few months!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

With its Old Florida charm that's quickly vanishing from chain hotels in the area, the Fairways Resort has my business for my next trip to Naples for sure. The lush grounds make you feel like you're secluded from the rest of the world. The hotel is off the beaten path but it is close enough to everything so you don't have far to travel to get anywhere.

The deluxe efficiency is the way to go. The room was huge with a couch, full kitchen, dinning table, and large sliding glass doors that lead out to the pool and gardens where there were gas grills for my outdoor cooking needs. I'm not looking for sterile operating room cleanliness however they do keep the rooms clean enough to eat off of. The pool was sparkling and just the right temperature to swim in every day. The AC unit made my room a nice place to enter out of the hot Florida sun. The flat screen TV with cable channels and WiFi worked just great.

One of my major dislikes in most hotels is how the shower operates. The Fairways Resort passed the grade by not having any of the problems I normally encounter, which are low pressure, long delay for hot water to appear, and tubs that don't drain. The water came out nice and hot with little time for it to heat up and the drain did not disappoint either. Not once did I stand in ankle deep water. The towels were even thicker than the ones I have at home.

The continental breakfast was more than I had anticipated. There was a large assortment to choose from with muffins, danishes, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit salad, bagels with cream cheese, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, and tea. Normally I see so little at other places I pass on eating but I had something different to choose from every day. I really like that it was in a separate gazebo and not in the front lobby like many other hotels.

Even though I didn't bring my dog with me for this trip I know that the next time she will be welcomed and appreciated by the staff. A few times when I needed to use the computer in the office to print something another guest would be there with their dog and the management even had doggie treats to give him. I got to play with the coolest Pug which made me just a bit jealous that I had left my Jack Russel back in California.

The staff was always considerate and concerned with my wants and needs. I arrived late at night when the office was closed but with a simple three digit phone number to call from the outside phone I was quickly greeted by Judi who had me processed and into my room before I knew it. The other front desk personnel, Maria and Kathleen, were very helpful with directions and great suggestions on restaurants and sights to see.

The Fairways Resort is an unexpected value that really keeps the hospitality aspect as their key ingredient. I wish I could find more like it in the other destinations I travel to. Even better I wish I could take it along with me to those other cities.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I have been visiting the Fairways Resort for several years, and it has its own unique charm. Yes, aspects of the property are a bit run down, and despite identifying itself as a "resort" it is essentially a motel. But in many ways it is an exceptional motel, located in a quiet residential area, away from from the noise and bustle of the Tamiani Trail (Highway 41) but accessible to it within minutes.
The bedrooms are fairly basic, but they are being spruced up, and they are pleasant and comfortable. If you book one with a full kitchen, you will be very well equipped.
The bathrooms are functional and acceptable, although the absence of bar soaps in favor of liquid dispensers both beside the basin and in the bath-shower seems unfortunate. I normally head down the road to the supermarket to buy some regular soap. But the facilities are spotless.
I think the biggest selling point is the courtyard pool area which offers lots of greenery and a sheltered pleasant atmosphere. Although it's time to retire some of the older poolside furniture, this is a singularly attractive area.
A substantial continental breakfast is available each morning in the charming pavilion on the grounds. There's nothing pretentious about the Fairways. Compared with some of the more modern and more glitzy establishments on the strip, it's modest. But Judy and her staff are terrific. They know how to make you feel welcome. It's a gem of an operation.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
North Port, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

The reasonable nightly price included the following: A tranquil setting, Full Kitchen (An Option that I endorse), Continental Style Breakfast, Wireless Internet, A/C, Cable Television, pool and a clean room.
Although this is an older motel, the accommodations were highly acceptable. The A/C Wall Unit functioned well and could even be adjusted to an ICE COLD SETTING. My fellow tenants were well behaved and the motel staff was extremely helpful and courteous. Maria was a motel associate who had the best interest of her vistors at heart. She was pleasant and highly competent at managing her resort duties. For a professional staff, clean room, and quiet setting, don't let the lower motel ranking fool you; THIS MOTEL IS A "DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH." I would recommend this motel to friends, family, and the Trip Advisor Community.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
bradenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here out of necessity (I needed an efficiency apartment while my more permanent living schedule worked itself out) and I could not have been happier. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the room was clean and convenient for all my needs.

I will be back.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I booked through Expedia and notated that I would be driving several hours and would be arriving late after hours check in. When I arrived at the time that I said I would be arriving, the office at Fiarways was closed. I noticed the light was on, but no one was there and the door was locked I went back to my car to call on my cell phone and noticed that the office light turned off as I turned around. I called Fiairways and got the answering machine and it stated to touch x 159 for emergency call or after hours reservations. I did that and got another answering machine to leave a message. I did this a couple of times and got frustrated especially after driving all day and waiting outside stranded! I then called Expedia and complained. They put me on hold and apprently they called themselves and got through for me after 5 minutes waiting on the phone. I was finally checked in. When I got to the room it was not what I was expeciting. The bed was hard as a rock and there was no hot water! I tried both knobs for hot and cold water. I ran both seperate times for several minutes being that this place is old. I also ran the shower the same way and no hot water, not even luke warm!

I called the office again and got the same answering maching telling me to call the x159 for emergency, etc. With frustration, I called Expedia from my cell phone again and requested to be relocated and upgraded!. She put me on hold to tell the manager. Five minutes later again, I get a telephone call from the room phone while I was still on hold with Expedia. She said she would come out to look at it. I told her NO! I do not want this room, not only that there is no hot water, but the beds are hard as a ROCK! So she transfered me to the Suite. Here we werer in the middle of the night exhausted having to carry everything over to another room. The room was warm being that the old fashion window airconditioner was off and took forever to cool the room. This bed was hard too but a bit better. After the night, the airconditioner started to rattle which kept me up all night!.

When we got up to go to their breakfast which was outside in an enclosed gazebo, I was expecting eggs and bacon. NO, it was two types of danishes, canned fruit, yogurt, orange juice and milk. I could not eat because there was a trail of ants carrying food away. They were attarcted to the sugar near the coffee.

And to top it off, when my room was cleaned, my favorite small memory foam pillow was stolen!!! I cant believe my pillow was stolen!

I went to the front desk and comaplained and course they denied it. The person at the front desk was a different person that I had spoken to so when I also mentioned about the hot water, she said that I could have called their after hours number and dialed zero.

I laughed thinking, there is no zero to touch, dummy it is ex. 159 as the recording says and no one even answers! This property is set as in the 60s and seems as it was never upgraded except the flat small scrreen tvs! DO NOT STAY THERE! I tried to save some money and even was excited I was getting 3rd night FREE! Well no wonder! Better off staying at the Hamptons by 75. DO NOT STAY AT FAIRWAYS!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Book at Fairways!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
FairwaysNaples, General Manager at Fairways Inn of Naples, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
I certainly understand your frustration after such a long trip, you were dialing #159 and the after hours number is 149 as is posted on the door. We are a small, much cared for older motel, we do not stay open all night, however, someone is always available to help the guest. The hot water is on a system for the entire building, however, being older, sometimes the faucet needs to be turned in the opposite direction. The lighting in our lobby is always on, even when the lobby is closed.
The night manager did try to accomodate you by moving to to a much larger deluxe efficiency for the same rate and since you stayed the entire 3 nights, we felt we had made you happy.
We do state online that we offer a continental breakfast suggesting a cold selection and we offer danish,bagels,hard boiled eggs, cold cereal, fruit, juice, coffee and tea.
Upon your departure, I asked you how everything was and the pillow was not mentioned, we have since checked in our laundry just in case it was tangled in your linens, we did not find it and certainly hope you have located it in your belongings. We care about our guest as our reviews indicate and would like to offer you 2 complimentary nights at the Fairways.

Judi Bautista
st. louis, mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

we enjoyed very much our three nights here. landscaping and garden area is awesome. resort is in a residential area but you wouldnt know it when your by the pool, feels like your on a secluded resort. absolutely beautiful. room was nice and comfortable. staff was very friendly. continental breakfast was very good, pastries and fresh fruit were tasty. this is where we will stay next time were in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairways Inn of Naples? Share your experiences!