“Great takeaway - but it ain't a restaurant!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great takeaway - but it ain't a restaurant!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Just got back from Naples. I made a speacial trip to this place as I wanted to try some authentic Mexican food.

What I would say is that the food is very nice, but I wouldn't describe the place as a restaurant, by UK standards it is really just a takeaway with about four or five tables.

My wife and I put on our glad rags and made a special trip. When I found the place it was very small, and had a dark off road car park. When I walked in I had to laugh, it was a takeaway and not a restaurant! I asked for a menu and was guided to the list on the wall ( a pretty short list). We did enjoy the food that we ordered, a selection of pork, chicken and beef tacos.

If you are passing by then it is worth stopping, but don't get dressed up and expect a restauarant with an extensive menu!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Great ceviche”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Come to Naples often to visit the in-laws and never even noticed this place before this xmas holidays, but once we did, we must have been 3-4 times!

I didn't grow up in north america so don't have too much of a point of reference on Merican food, whilst everything we tried was good, I would highly recomment both the pork tacos and the ceviche was incredible.

The place is small and basic but family run and very friendly and a great change from the rather formulaic eating houses that Naples seems full of. And at $1.50 for a taco, who can complain!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you like authentic, Jalisco style Mexican, this place is the best in Florida! It's nothing fancy, but you should...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2008

If you like authentic, Jalisco style Mexican, this place is the best in Florida! It's nothing fancy, but you should definitely try it. They have Tacos de Cabeza, Coctail de Camarones, Menudo and Pazole soups (on the weekends). Friendly service! If you're looking for more typical american tex-mex, try Flaco's instead.