“The best....” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 175 Activities in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: The 2.5 hour manatee viewing eco tour is the only local eco tour that starts in the heart of the Everglades, and takes only minutes to get to the 10,000 Islands and the Gulf of Mexico. The tour is located at the home of South Florida's largest herd of manatees. Viewing the eco system of the Everglades in the comfort of a covered boat is a true Everglades experience. You are likely to see manatees, alligators, dolphins, and turtles, as well as many species of rare and endangered tropical birds. Some of the tropical birds species are the Ibis, Egret, Great Blue Heron, Osprey, Pelican, and the American Bald Eagle. The tour is fully narrated by knowledgeable local Captains and their boats are stable, comfortable and USCG approved. You'll learn interesting facts on the manatee, alligator, dolphin, and tropical bird species, along with information on the Everglades.
Naples, Florida
“The best....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would like to start out by saying that I am 66 years and have never written a review for anything.... That is until now.

I jokingly told Captain Jim that I was reluctant about writing a positive review because it may make booking a charter with him a little more difficult.

if you want to catch fish until your arms are tired call Gary now. We fished for four hours and probably made less than 6 casts that we didn't catch a fish. To top it all off we caught a 140 pound black tip shark. Captain Jim said that the shark looked very fat. What happened next blew my mind. He opened the shark's belly and inside were five fully formed baby black tips. He then carefully remove, revived and successfully released all five. What an incredible experience for all of us.

What else can I say except if you book with them, you'll be writing a review too. Thank you so very much Gary and Capt. Jim

Ron

Visited November 2012
DeIke, Manager at Double R's Fishing and Tour Co, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for the very kind words Ron. We are glad your group had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again. Please be aware that we would never intentionally harvest a spawning fish. In that this Shark was critically injured during the long battle, there was really no chance to revive her and release. Captain Jim's astute observation allowed those five pups to survive; and hopefully, prosper.

“The Everglades is rich with wildlife and most of it can be seen on the tour.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We saw all the wild life we hoped to see plus some bonus sightings of wild life. Captain Jason shared a lifetime of knowlege of the Everglades along with interesting personal experiences. he spotted many things only a trained eye could spot. We left feeling very fulfilled.

Naples, Florida
“Never too old to learn to fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Friends from Pittsburgh came to Naples and invited my husband and i go on a fishing trip. It was the first time my husband and i had ever gone fishing. The Captain was extreemly patient with both of us, We saw a bobcat swim from one island to another, and his knowledge of the wild life and fish made for great day.

Visited November 2012
Jacksonville, FL
“Excellence in Naples!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

If you're ready for a great fishing experience, this is the place. They know their stuff and they know how to find the fish. I would recommend this tour business to anyone seeking a unique Florida experience.

Visited November 2011
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great Fishing Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I took my nephews, 13 and 11, on a half day fishing trip with Captain Jim. Both he and his wife, Virginia, who accompanied us, were wonderful teachers and very patient with the kids.We caught a lot of fish, of great variety, including several big redfish and even a tarpon. Our group unanimously decided that it was by far the best fishing trip we'd ever been on in the area, and I've been on many. I highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012