“Close by and Intersting” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 45 Attractions in Naples
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Activities: Birdwatching, Viewing wildlife, Getting married, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: This 11,000-acre wetland preserve contains a diversity of wildlife, including birds, alligators, whitetail deer and Florida black bears.
WI
10 attraction reviews
“Close by and Intersting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For northerners who never venture into the swamp, this was a pleasant diversion for the children and the walkways are easily accesible.

Naples Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Uniquely Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Again it is unique to this area We are the only people that have a corkscrew. The birds, the folliage, the swamp it is all so beautiful Its peaseful nut in some ways exciting. I don't go often but when I do I cant wait to go back

Visited September 2012
Rolla, Missouri
“Very relaxing time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Visited in Oct so water level was high. Very relaxing walk at your own pace on a nice boardwalk. Can choose between a mile or two and half mile stroll thru tropical and beautiful ancient cypress trees. Due to water level saw little wildlife, however, I truly feel that crocodiles, many bird varieties, butterflies, snakes and other critters reside in this area of over 13,000 acres. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Tons of parking, strollers and wheelchairs available if needed. Cost is $12 for adults and children are less. Reasonable annual pass is available if multiple visits are anticipated. If you enjoy natural beauty and do not require fast paced adventure, this stop is recommended, probably more than once, as I suspect the experience varies on each visit.

Shoemakersville, Pennsylvania
“"Boring"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were not impressed. It was very hot and all we saw were a lot of bugs. We didn't need to pay $48.00 to do that. The girl at the desk told me the time of day we were there was a bad time to see the wildlife. If that is the case, they should not be open in the afternoon. We are sorry we wasted the afternoon. I'd like my money back!

Central City, Kentucky, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed the boardwalk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had been to Corkscrew years ago. I loved it then and still do. I took my daughter and grandson this time around. It was hot the day we went but there were plenty of places to sit and cool off. They also have wheelchairs available for those that can't make the full 2.2 mile walk on the boardwalk.