“Hotel not worth the price” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mulberry Inn and Suites

Save Saved
You added Mulberry Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Mulberry Inn and Suites
2525 State Road 60 East, Mulberry, FL 33860-7929 (Formerly Super 8 Mulberry)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mulberry
“Hotel not worth the price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is over priced u can stay in better one for the price.pool chairs dirty old worn out.outside property not maintained on up keep breakfast is I joke.seams now day cheap hotels are crappy and so are overpriced ones

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tallahassee, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well, last year I wrote a fairly good review of this hotel. However this year I have to say it is truly a hotel impossible. We thought they might have upgraded since our last visit. But looks like they've done nothing to spruce up the place. Dirty just plain dirty. Shower curtain ripped and ready to fall. Our friends had NO shower curtain. Mold-- really lousy breakfast offering. I don't think I need to say any more. Drive a few miles and spend a few extra bucks--

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

The entire facility is dirty and not well kept. The bedspread looked filthy. Smelly room. There isn't much to choose from in Mulberry, so unless you have to stay very close by, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. I've stayed in much nicer places for less money.

Room Tip: There isn't much to choose from in Mulberry, so unless you have to stay very close by, I'd r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brownsville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

overall our stay was very nice and rexlaing, staff were very nice
rooms were nice and clean...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We almost cancelled our reservations after reading the reviews-- but decided to try it out. Not as bad as indicated. This is a former Super 8. The price was absolutely right. We only slept in the hotel- we were gone most of the time. The rugs on the floors were clean. Our room was clean and housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning it while we were out. The continental breakfast was basic and we skipped it. Our interactions with the staff were few but pleasant. Free WiFi-- decent channel selection on TV-- no bed bugs or other bugs in the room. We did sleep well.

Room Tip: We requested Handicapped-- there is no elevator so you want to be on first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Keokuk, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We came from Iowa to visit friends and family in this area and was told that this hotel was a good place to stay and that they had weekly rates. We arrived on Monday the 13th and was treated fine. I woke up Tuesday morning to take a shower and noticed that the shower curtain had mold on it all the way across the bottom and about a foot up from the bottom. They replaced it that morning. I tried to make coffee that morning and the coffee maker did not work and they replaced it that day. I tried to use my laptop on Monday night and could not get to the internet, so Tuesday morning I went to the front desk and they informed me that I had to call an (800) number to get a user name and password, which I thought was kinda of unusal, because I had stayed at other places and the front desk would set you up with this information. This worked until Friday night and I lost communication again and they told me that they were working on it and would get it back in a couple of hours. Never di get it back. Saturday morning at 6:30 am we were woken up by the fire alarm going off. This happened off ond on all morning. We went out to breakfast because all they had left was cereal, warm milk, and warm juice and this was at 8:30 in the morning. There breakfast was suppose to be from 6 - 10:00 am. There was no fruit nor any doughnuts. We got back from breakfast and we asked them it they fixed the fire alarm and they said yes. At about 11:30 It went off again and this time it ran for about 15:00 minutes. This time we packed up and left and asked for a refund of some kind. To our amazement, the front desk said that they could not do that it was up to the manager and he would not be in until Monday afternoon.I felt like every time there was a problem the resopnse was "we are working on it and will call you later or it will be fixd in a couple of hours and we checked back we got the same answer. We were there from Monday afternoon until Sunday afternoon and suppose to chek out on Moday morning. This was a very bad expreience for my wife and I and of all the motel/hotels that we have stayed at over the years this was the worst. We have been traveling for the past 10 years or so and stayed at many different chains and this was the worst.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Rooms stink, mold on shower head, beds are horrible,$72, not woth it, for the same price u can stay in lakeland at the ramada, after waking up at 4am to fly from wisconsin I was exhausted went to bed around 1030pm, woke up twice due to bad beds and then at 6am the fire alarms were going off every 10 minutes

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Mulberry Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!