“One of the best hidden gems in Mt Dora” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Mt Dora, FL
“One of the best hidden gems in Mt Dora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very girly, but don't let that distract the men in your party! The food here is outstandings. I regularly crave the carrot bisque and any dessert they have! Staff is very well trained and friendly. Make this a regular visit!

Visited August 2012

90% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Shabby Chic is not my Style but Food is Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Hadn't been to this tea room in many years. It seems very popular but on a long holiday weekend we didn't have to wait long for a table. The waitress was very sweet and took our drink order promptly. She told us they were out of their most popular dish, a chicken pie. I was initially disappointed as it looked good. We both ordered the salmon souffle instead , served with a salad and fruit. It was wonderful. There were several other men in the restaurant besides my husband who seemed right at home.But this is more of a ladies luncheon place. There is no beer on the menu as at the Windsor Rose Tea Room down the street. The service was a bit slow paced. I found it relaxing. Hubby did not. The big negative for me is the decor. Although I'm not a big fan of shabby chic, I dont mind if it looks clean. This place has a number of dust collectors and could use a bit of weeding out. There are dried flowers hanging near tables that look long dried out. There are also little girls' dresses hanging as part of the decor that while looking cute seem to be unnecessary dust collectors. Maybe it's the fact that almost everything is white/off white and looks like it could use a bit of a paint job. A shelf holding bone china cups in one room has so many teacups and saucers I fear one falling off and hitting a diner. Maybe it's just me but while I enjoy charming spaces, in a public eating spot I also want clean and as dust free as possible. Would I return? Yes, but next time perhaps with my sister who enjoys hot tea as much as I do.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hereford, Arizona
“Always A Must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I live in Arizona & my parents live in Leesburg, FL, so when I visit them The Garden Gate always tops the Where To Eat list. Their chicken pie is a favorite & something that I'm craving right now, and no matter what, the strawberry shortcake is ALWAYS dessert. Fantastic iced teas & lemonade! The service is always wonderful, the atmosphere is very welcoming and the only bad part is that sometimes one must wait for a table. Even my teenage (14 & 15 years old) sons like The Garden Gate.

• Visited October 2011
Groveland
“Garden Gate Tea room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is the best restaurant I have ever eaten at. The food is amazing, especially the chicken salad and the strawberry shortcake. They were presented so beautifully that I actually took photos and put them on facebook.
The servers are very nice, very attentive. The inside is beautiful, like a story book cottage, you won't want to miss this place!
Actually I am going there again today for lunch, hope to see you there!

• Visited August 2012
Sorrento, Florida
“Lovely place - Delicious dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is my favorite place to come with my daughter, mother-in-law, or mother. My favorite dish is the chicken pie, but you can't go wrong whatever you order. On a hot afternoon, I forgo the tea and enjoy their fresh made lemonade. Otherwise, their collection tea pots and cups are so pretty that I love the surprise to see what they will serve my tea in!

• Visited June 2012