“Always a good meal” 5 of 5 stars

352 383 6119
Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 91 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Apopka, Florida
“Always a good meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am the last person in the world to gauge Oriental food of any kind, much less Japanese, but I love to eat and if it tastes good, I will be the first to say so. After some coaxing, my wife and daughter got me to come here and I am glad they talked me into it. With my wife out of town, my daughter and I went there for dinner this evening and it was just the same as before, good food. I have no idea if it is authentic Japanese, but it is good. I always get the scallops and it was very good again tonight. We've never had a bad meal here and we'll keep coming back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tavares, Florida
“Didn't win us over”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have heard great reviews of this place from people we know and have read some decent reviews online for this place as well. Unfortunately for us the food wasn't particularly great. We had carry-out for dinner, one chicken dinner special and one steak special. The rice was ok, as was the steak but the chicken wasn't great and my wife didn't care for the vegetables (she loves vegetables). What really was disappointing for us, was that their white sauce tasted horrible. This is what makes or breaks Japanese food, as a whole, for us, and is one of the reasons why we kept coming back to eat at Osaka's in Leesburg for years. We probably will not return to Lampu.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lake County
“lakecountydee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

a dump un-authentic Japanese rest I speak Japanese and tried to communicate with the cook flipping the shrimp and he told me he is Mexican...... Don't waste your money.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“My most FAVORITE place to eat!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Lampu should definitely be in the to 10 restaurants in Mount Dora. This is my husband and my "place" We eat here a few times a month at LEAST and when we don't eat there, I always crave it! They do EVERYTHING right! And their white sauce is absolutely perfect. We have moved to the New England area and tried to find a Japanese Steakhouse we liked that was compatible to Lampu and have had NO luck. :( We love everything about Lampu and tell everyone all the time. Go to Lampu!!!! You will start craving it every week!!!! Lol :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida, United States
“What a bad experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I live in Mt. Dora and have been visiting Lampu for years now. We've always had decent experiences and the prices seemed fair. Tonight was the first time we have ever been told to "just pay and leave" and we were labeled "you kind of people". We shared a filet minion and chicken hibachi style like we always do and always even have leftovers to take home. Not the deal tonight. The portions were ridiculously smaller than they have ever been so we literally ordered another portion of vegetables. When the waiter came over and we explained that weren't given the right portions and that we shouldn’t have to pay extra for a normal portion. When we told the manager about it, he immediately lashed back at us and told us I know what you kind of people do! Not sure what that means, the both of us work in the first responder field and would never speak to someone like this. He got irate saying that we should have complained in front of the customers when we received the food. We thought we were being respectful by waiting till the end and discussing it in private. He then said I don’t care about the customers, just pay and leave. Keep in mind that I've worked at a restaurant and have NEVER seen one of my manager’s talk to their guests like this. All we were trying to say to him was that we felt that we didn’t receive the correct potion of food and we shouldn’t have to pay for the 2nd portion that we ordered. This all happened right in front of everyone, He really could care less about customer service. We were so offended and WE WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE. If you’re in the Mt. Dora are and are looking for a Japanese steakhouse, KIKU is down the street towards Tavares.

• Visited January 2013