“Great burger, patio nice” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Fish & Chips, Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: The focus at Merrill's is to provide our customers with a unique upscale dining experience. Our food is prepared from the freshest ingredients carefully crafted and presented by our skilled staff. With a wide selection of fine wines and craft beers, the best live music in the area and the charm of beautiful downtown Mount Dora our goal at Merrill's is to ensure that you will enjoy and look forward to your next visit with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great burger, patio nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Ate at Merrill's for lunch. My husband and I both had the burger, which was great. Cooked to order, juicy, served on a ciabatta roll. We ate outside even though it was hot, as it was nice to sit outside and people-watch under the umbrella. They have a nice patio deck area, and restaurant in nice corner location across from the Lakeside Inn. The food was great, and our service was very good up until the food was delivered....then the waitress kinda forgot about us. I ran out of my drink, and finally had to go in to request a refill....then had to wait inside for someone to wait on me...which was our waitress, whom apparently was the only wait staff there from what I could see. She said she would bring out my drink refill, so I went back outside to wait for her to bring it.....but then still waited too long and just as I was getting up AGAIN to go in to find my drnk refill, she was coming out. She was very nice and friendly, but guessing she must have had too many tables that day. That was my only complaint. Two burgers with cheese and a two drinks (coffee/tea) was $26.00 (plus tax). Would definitely try it again. The luncheon menu offered salads and sandwiches.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Augustine, Florida
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a small quaint place with great options for lunch. We loved the food and the atmosphere. Everything tastes very fresh with great quality. We plan on eating here again when we are back in town.

Orlando, Florida
“Great Sandwiches and Flatbreads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have had excellent food at Merrill's especially the deli sandwiches and flatbreads. It has been hard to find a parking space (but that's Mt Dora!) but it is worth the walk to this restaurant tucked a little away from the direct action of downtown. Nice patio area with good view of the lake.

Lakeland, Florida
“Great food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I have eaten here twice in the last month and really enjoyed it both times! They are pet friendly on the patio and the server even brought our dog a bowl of ice water since it was so hot outside. The food was great and the service was excellent! We will definitely be back the next time we are in town.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Largo, Florida
“Outstanding and Fun!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We ate here twice in one day. Lunch was great. When we found out there was music in the evening, we knew we'd go back. Not disappointed at all. The band was so much fun! People danced and the crowd just kept on growing. Dogs were welcomed. We were able to sit and eat lightly listening to the music without feeling like we were in the way. Great evening!!