“Don't want to rush my life away - but can't wait until my next stay :-)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison en Ville

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Dora
Maison en Ville
You added Maison en Ville to your Saves list
644 North Donnelly Street, Mount Dora, FL 32757 (Formerly Lakeside Landings)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #4 of 14 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Don't want to rush my life away - but can't wait until my next stay :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

My mom and I had carefully planned for the annual Mt. Dora Craft Fair and chosen Maison En Ville based on Trip Advisor reviewer feedback. No disappointment there. I know I can count on my fellow advisors. Houston has to be the coolest innkeeper I have met.. he makes you feel like he is a buddy but without feeling intruisive. His generosity was very much appreciated especially with the daughter/wife suffering extreme migraines during the whole weekend and allowed for us to stay extended hours on Sunday so that the mom could continue to enjoy the fair while the daughter relaxed. I don't think he really even knew that other than I think he was just trying to be his normal hospitable self. That sort of kindness you don't find at your typical hotel chain .

Room was beautiful, best location in Mt. Dora (I call it the heartbeat). As I said in the title, I can not wait until I have the pleasure of visiting again the beautful town of Mt. Dora and the best inn and innkeeper :-)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

I've stayed at many B&B's or small hotels in the Mount Dora area for festival weekends. This small hotel is my favorite. The location is ideal for anyone attending events in downtown Mt. Dora. We sat at the table in the kitchenette and were able to people watch as the crowds rolled in for the craft festival, and when it was time to hit the pavement, we simply walked out our front door. This hotel looks to be an old, Victorian style house that was converted in to several individual rooms. Our room was Shabby Chic style and was more than cozy and impeccably clean. Several guests had dogs with them, which made the hotel even more welcoming. Breakfast is not served here, but there are numerous places within walking distance to grab home-cooked food. I highly recommend this hotel for a weekend trip to Mt. Dora.

• Stayed October 2010
Osprey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Maison en Ville lived up to the high marks given by previous posters. For example, Houston--the proprietor--called a few hours before our expected arrival to arrange to be at the Inn when we arrived. He greeted us personally, showed us around, suggested places for dinner, etc., and generally made us feel welcome.

Our room, No. 4, was nicely decorated, very clean, quite comfortable, and spacious (with a sofa and café table and chairs). There was a coffee/tea maker, microwave, refrigerator, ice, etc., and everything worked! The air conditioning was great (important in Florida), the bathroom was nicely equipped, and the wireless internet worked flawlessly. The covered parking was a nice touch, too.

We had a special request that Houston quickly and graciously accommodated. We will return to Maison en Ville again to explore more of charming Mt. Dora.

Miami Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed for a festival weekend and booked the entire place with a group of friends. We planned an outdoor dinner and the proprieter was extremely accommodating, bringing in extra tables, chairs and table linens for us...totally unexpected, and a pleasant surprise. We all enjoyed the locations and the accommodations so much that we've booked the place for next year!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

My little dog and i were in Mount Dora, a beautiful little town with a lot of green. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of the village but it is very quiet. My room had a seperate entrance, it was like a own house, also because there was a sleeping and a living room. Houston is a smart and nice guy, we talked about this and that and i felt like home, he is very uncomplicated. It was a hot day and so i was happy to sit in the garden in the evening. The room has everything it needs, coffee, milk, fridge. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
prairie grove, arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

Found Maison EnVille online and saw that it had great reviews and wanted to try it. I am originally from Mt Dora and was attending a 1970's decade high school reunion. I was staying in the area for a whole week and did not want to stay at a hotel. I stayed in suite 6 which is more like a small 3 room apartment (lvng room, bed room and kitchen) Had a screened inn back porch and there is covered parking also. Room was well decorated and very comfortable. The inn is in a great location just 2 blocks from the main intersection of downtown Mt Dora.
I would like to highly recommend this inn to anyone looking to stay in the area

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

A wonderful surprise! So elegant, clean, and charming. Felt like home. Couldn't be more convenient. If I could I would have brought the mattress home with me!

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Maison en Ville? Share your experiences!