“Lost Parrot, Mount Dora” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Altoona, Florida
“Lost Parrot, Mount Dora”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

EXCELLENT! You can chat a bit with the staff without feeling as though you're using up their time--unless you realize it's super-busy. Great ambience, great food, great prices, great location. The Lost Parrot has it all.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Raleigh, NC
“Not bad.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Service was great. Food much improved from a visit a month or two. Daily specials seem fresher and more exciting than the regular menu.

Visited March 2014
Largo, Florida
“Key West Vibe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Had lunch last Thursday and enjoyed the experience, but the food overall was not top notch. My wife had a salad with much brown lettuce involved. I had the tuna sandwich which I ordered medium but was on the dry side. But, overall we had fun and the location was great for people watching and the service was wonderful. The town itself has a lot to offer and we will probably return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“okay but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We visited April 1st. We had battered mushrooms and coconut shrimp for appetizers. The mushrooms were like biting into a mouthful of grease; while the shrimp were very bland. We both had the mahi mahi special; blackened which was good but nothing special. We each had 2 glasses of wine and the total bill was quite reasonable. Service was okay. With all the restaurants to choose from in the area, I would not return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“We Do not give out our Wi Fi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

When the waitress took our order I asked for the Wi Fi password and was told 'we do not give it out'. Come on Lost Parrot, we understand it is a historic town but it is 2014 and visitors depend on it for communication to home.

The food we had was no better than edible. My burger was just ok although my wife enjoyed her wrap but it was nothing special.

We will not return as I rely on Wi Fi to keep in touch with home as I have an elderly mother. I am sure other resturants would be happy to allow me to use there Wi Fi.