“Such Southern charm makes me want to visit again!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Such Southern charm makes me want to visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The breakfast crustless quiche has to be the best that ever touched my lips! Along with the quiche was a yummy fruit bowl. I do wish I lived there because I would be there everyday! There were three in our party, one being a toddler who is a some what messy eater but they took it in stride and we had excellent service with a southern flair. A quaint little place in Mt. Dora.

• Visited August 2013

Newport News, Va
“Cake Like your Grandma Made”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Downtown Mt. Dora abounds in sites, shops, and places to eat. I have family in town and on a recent visit I asked for a recommendation for lunch. Who knew that this cozy welcoming eatery would also offer a choice of wonderful made-on-site cakes. I had a hard time choosing. The coconut cake was moist and delish; the only improvement would be to make it two layers. When next in Mt. Dora Cody's will be my number-one go-to place..

• Visited August 2013
Winter Haven, Florida
“Best Breakfast Experience -Do Yourself a Favor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were greeted warmly and invited to sit wherever we liked. This was hard to choose because the whole place is adorable and smartly decorated. We chose the bench-booth in the back room with the plump pillow for getting comfy while enjoying the surroundings and people watching.

The coffee was served immediately in generous mugs, hot and robust. The menu was enticing and we both ( husband and I) chose the egg sandwich with variations in the bread and cheeses. My asiago bagel was to die for, there was abundant delicious meat and cheese. We had bet on the type and amount of fruit to expect in the fruit cup and were we surprised! A HUGE polka-dot
ramekin with blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, green grapes and apples--not a cantaloupe in sight, which was great!

One of the locals kept our coffee filled because the sweetheart waiting tables was pretty busy, but she made a point to check with us often so it was very comfortable and we never went long without having our needs met and feeling like they were happy we were there.

To end the experience, I wanted to mention that the breakfast sandwich was twice the size of my appetite, so I asked for a carryout. Again, performance was over and above expectations. She boxed it, of course, then a sturdy plastic bag which kept my sandwich dry in the cooler we were toting. And then, when I pulled out aluminum foils to rewarm that evening, I found it was wrapped a third time in foil. Wow!

This was truly a stellar experience when compared to the fiasco we encountered the day before.

• Visited July 2013
Mount Dora, Florida
“Great for breakfast or quick lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Ask for the triple cheese, grilled cheese, my husband is addicted to them! Cody and her staff always have a smile on and really brighten your day!

Visited June 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“NIce place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Cody's on 4th was a quaint little sandwich shop. A good place to grab a quick bite to eat. Very friendly staff.

Visited June 2013