“A pleasant getaway.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 14 Mount Dora B&B and Inns
Florida
“A pleasant getaway.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I would like to recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a truly quite and relaxing weekend to get away from the ordinary. The hosts will treat you like royalty and you will lack for nothing.
If you choose to go to town there are plenty of small resturants and antique shops as well as a beautiful lake to watch the sunset or take a boat ride. All within walking distance.
I give this place and it's hosts "2 thumbs up".

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Tampa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2009

We just came back from an exhilirating weekend....again, at The Magnolia Inn. The Carriage House is the perfect getaway and I highly recommend this. Drew and Nice' are not only Inn Keepers, but they've also became great friends because of their great personalities. Once we arrived, every reservation was already set for us throughout the town. All we did was show up and enjoy. We've stayed in Mount Dora 6 times and we only stay at The Magnolia because it's that good! We can't wait to come back again in 3-4 months.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

We stayed at this Inn for 2 nights and it was comparable to the other B and B’s we have stayed at around the South. It was surely not the best in the South East as reported on their website. The breakfast was good and the innkeepers were nice, but they were not the owners as we have found in our other B and B stays. It was a 2 block walk to town and dark at night so we drove in for a great dinner at the Goblin Market (recommended by a shopkeeper and well worth the price). Our room was the Attic Nook and we were asked not to mention it down town which we thought was strange. We love Mount Dora, but had stayed at the Lakeside Inn last time which was a big mistake. I think my boyfriend and I will try another B and B next time we go up to Mount Dora for a weekend.

Melbourne, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

What a wonderful introduction to the beautiful town of Mount Dora. I tend to be timid at B&Bs because I feel I' m imposing at someone's house but the proprietors Drew and Nice' made me feel very much at home while my partner attended his sailboat races.
The breakfasts at the Magnolia Inn are beautifully presented and delicious and the fellow house guests were so interesting that I found myself looking forward to breakfast the next day.
It's a great location too, only a short walk to the downtown shops/restaurants and also to the marina and parks.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

The building is very enjoyable with nice grounds, rooms are nicely done, and the hosts, Nice' and Drew are very engaging and helpful. Breakfast was absolutely delicious both mornings.

The location is excellent, a nice easy walk down to the town with it's shops, restaurants, and tto he water. Directions and suggestions from Nice' were very helpful as well.

Very glad and fortunate to have chosen this as our place to stay in Mount Dora.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Drew met us at the door with a plate of warm brownies and almond bread. I knew then that we were off to a great start. The Inn is a beautiful old home with very luxurious bedrooms. We stayed in the Magnolia room and thoroughly enjoyed a good nights rest. The smell of fresh brewed coffee just outside our bedroom door awoke me at 7a.m. A delicious breakfast soon followed. Don't ask me what we ate as I was too busy enjoying it to hear Nice describe it. Fortunatly town is just two short blocks away so we were able to walk off a few calories later that day.

Ocoee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

My husband and I spent Valentine's weekend in the Magnolia Room. The room has a very comfortable king-size bed and the room is nicely furnished and decorated Victorian-style as are many older B&Bs. There were lots of little extra touches such as boxed Valentine candy on our bed. I especially liked the little pop-up cards that they placed on the dresser which revealed a Biblical verse. I realize that many people might not appreciate that, but being Catholic/Christian, I loved it! Drew and Nice are wonderful innkeepers and hosts. We felt more like we were visiting friends than staying at a B&B. They came out and chatted with us in the parlor in the afternoon/evening and it was interesting to learn a little about their backgrounds. They were very helpful in suggesting restaurants and places to see. The breakfasts they served at the inn were excellent. Drew makes a lovely "smiley face" fruit and yogurt. It is a work of art that is painstakingly assembled with love and pride... and it's delicious and healthy to boot! In the afternoon we always enjoyed a sweet treat – homemade chocolate chip cookies, brownies or the wonderfully delectable Scandinavian Almond Cake. They even offer the recipe for the cake along with a special "sectioned" pan for baking which we purchased. I hope mine turns out as tasty as Drew's.

The little city of Mount Dora is a perfect get-away destination. The downtown which is within walking distance of Magnolia Inn, is filled with lots of restaurants and shops. You can enjoy a horse and buggy ride, train ride, boat tours, or just stroll leisurely through the streets. Our initial purpose for the trip was so that I could attend a dulcimer workshop being held in Mount Dora. We decided to make a weekend of it by staying in the B&B and enjoying some other events, one of which was attending a play at the Icehouse Theater, the local performing company that has been part of the community for many years. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this B&B. Thank you Drew and Nice for a lovely time. — Gary and Elaine, Ocoee, FL

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Magnolia Inn B&B? Share your experiences!