“Wondering why some visitor gave it such a bad review???” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Dora Museum Of Speed

Mount Dora Museum Of Speed
206 North Highland Street, (On The Corridor to Historic Downtown), Mount Dora, FL 32757
+1 352-385-0049
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 28 things to do in Mount Dora
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We hope these photos will help give you a peek at the inside this private Museum. Your visit here is a chance to 'take a Dejavu trip' through Time, walk through our 7,000 sq. ft. facility, and enjoy some of America's Finest Classic American Muscle Cars, Collectible Foreign Cars like Porsche and sometimes Ferrari."Professional" Cars (Hearse & Ambulance),and lo-mile Old-Timers from the 30's-40's-50's, '66-'67 Shelby's, Mid-Year Vette's, 2-Cobra's, Classic Trucks,Ford Woodie,1959 Cadillac Eldorado and occasionally a 'Rat Rod'~ all make appearances here. Antiques for sale in the Gift Shoppe. Experience a HUGE 46+ Year collection of NEON Signs, Vintage Porcelain Advertising Signs, Gas Pumps, Air Towers, Jukeboxes, Cola Machines, and Pedal Cars/Strollers & 1/4 & FULL Midget Race Cars. There's even a display of Autographed Guitars w/Backstage Passes from famous 'Rockers' & Country Artists: including Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton, Aerosmith, Ozzy Ozbourne, Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones' Ron Wood, Don Henley & His group, Billy Ray Cyrus, Graham Nash, George Thorogood, Chicago, Member's of the '99 Lollapalooza Tour, Montgomery & Gentry, & Chet Atkins,Madonna's Autographed underpants, and the entire Cast Signed, Guitar from A&E TV's "Pawn Stars" including 'ChumLee' & the "Old Man", plus a new display on TV's "Duck Dynasty" featuring Taxidermy, life size stand-up's of all the characters, "Si's Tea Glass" and more! Plus, see Brooke Burke Autographed Guitar (former: "Dancing w/The Stars"). We also added for the Ladies; Unique Mannequin's with Period Dress covering the 40's-50's-60's: Airline Stewardess/Pilot, Drive-In Girl on Skates,Vintage Gilmore Race Driver, Texaco Attendant, Hippie 'Groupie',Greyhound Bus Driver,and Ambulance Attendant & Nurse, recently added: 4 'working' 50's Black & White TV's with original programs! There is so much to see: Most folks circulate the Museum several times. We even added a 1952 Alan Herschell vintage Amusement Ride called "Sky Raiders" on the ceiling![ Please note:Due to damage not covered by insurance we do not permit ANY camera's with removable lenses]. Small cameras & i.phone cameras are welcome. This is an Adult Museum, No Children under 14. By far, The Most Fun Hour+ you can spend in Mt.Dora,Open Saturday by appointment only!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
boca raton fl
“Wondering why some visitor gave it such a bad review???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First of all: We visit Mr Dora about twice a year
Second: The ice house does not start it's 2013 season until next week (Sept. 27th).
Third: Visited the Trip Advisor to see what might be mew in town. Did not know about the Speed Museum!
And last of all: Wanted to see 1st hand what Ronald S. of NY NY was so unhappy about, that was my main reason to visit this splended display of vintage cars and trucks and all the great STUFF that went with each and every one. IT WAS GREAT
Jim and Cheri from Boca Raton Fl

Visited September 2013
BentleyBoy, Owner at Mount Dora Museum Of Speed, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Jim & Cheri; I can't tell you how flattered I am that you would make your 2nd Ever Review on TripAdvisor about our Museum. I am so sorry to hear of your 'Mildew Experience' at The Lakeside Inn. With the new ownership we were hoping they would purge the place of 'Oldness'. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. You folks were having so much fun , I half expected to see you in the backseat of our 1961 Chevy Impala Convertible, LOL. Thank you so much for all your kind words. You 'relived' what we are trying so hard to achieve- a DeJaVu Trip back in time. I can't thank you enough for not only visiting us, but, your incredibly kind words.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Charming Museum and owners.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am ashamed to say it is 18 months since I called in at the Mount Dora Museum of Speed. My wife and I were over from England for a month and I was really pleased to find the museum on our second day.
We had a very enjoyable chat with the owners and enjoyed a quick recce around the displays but were keen to get off and explore the area so didn't linger too long.
I was meaning to return, particularly as I was renting a house just up the road, but with Daytona Bike Week, Amelia Island concours etc our time was up really quickly and I never got to return.
So, as I am back in Fla this winter I will have to make a beeline to Mount Dora and catch up on this lovely, friendly museum and its owners.
See you soon!

Visited October 2012
BentleyBoy, Owner at Mount Dora Museum Of Speed, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hellooo Bufleberry! Thanks so much for you kind words! Can't wait to see you! We just added another original Bumper Car (this one from Melrose Park near Chicago) and I bought another full midget race car for display in our lobby (a Floyd Trevis-Kraft from Youngstown, Ohio). Make sure you call first so, we don't miss you. We will be traveling to car shows all over the Country this coming Season.
Tavares, Florida
“Hometown Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

You know how when you live close to something, you never go? Well, I'm glad I finally made it to the Museum of Speed. What an excellent little museum packed from floor to ceiling with classic autos & memorabilia. They had a pristene example of my very 1st car. What a trip down memory lane! To make the visit even more pleasurable & memorable is the real down home folks that operate the museum. A great time at a reasonable price. You won't be sorry if you make this a stop on your next trip to Mount Dora.

Visited August 2013
BentleyBoy, Owner at Mount Dora Museum Of Speed, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Howdy David B; Don't feel like 'The Lone Stranger'...the comment about "I drove past you for years and never saw the building" is one of the most common things we hear from locals. We think it might be because the City made us locate the building right on top of Highland Street and cover it with trees so, folks just ....drive-on-by. I asked my wife to stand out by the road, in a bikini, wearing a sandwich board but, she will have none of it. Thank you so much for your kind words- we too enjoyed talking with you and sharing stories. We promise we will always have something 'new and different' to challenge those classic oldie moments in your next visit ~ don't make it so long till we see you again :]
Fruitland Park
“Worth the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stopped in just driving by...Wow...Not a large space, and not really what you think of for a "museum". If you love cars and all that's associated with them, stop, relax and enjoy! Great people who love what they do.

Visited August 2013
BentleyBoy, Owner at Mount Dora Museum Of Speed, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Greetings JimL; Thanks so much for making your very First Review on TripAdvisor about our business. We really DO enjoy what we do and the fact we are able to find a way to share our huge collection of Antiques with others. We started coming to Mt. Dora on weekends almost 20 years ago but, there was very little for GUYS to do except Shop for Antiques....so, we elected to open a Car Museum. Yes, no Dinosaurs or Oil paintings here in this Museum... Just a lot of memories of the Great Times that made America what it is today ! Thanks again!
The Villages, Florida
“Terrific AND interesting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was with a group of 20 friends and we recently went to the Museum of Speed. The owner gave us a private tour, and not only was he extremely knowledgable, he also shared interesting anecdotes about the cars, guitars, signs, and other objects there. My husband is a musician and really enjoyed the signed guitars and the stories that were told about acquiring the signatures. I really enjoyed the different cars- but more so, the personal experiences of the owner that were tied to much of the memorabilia. It was a very enjoyable tour and I would highly recommend it!

Visited July 2013
BentleyBoy, Owner at Mount Dora Museum Of Speed, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hi nanci_o ! You folks were a blast ! We appreciate the effort to write about your visit here to the Museum of Speed. Since your Tour, I added a "Hippie" display in the Rock 'n Roll corner..... More memories from America's Past including Tie-Dyed T-Shirts to a 'Groupie' Mannequin, original San Francisco (Bill Graham) Concert Flyers, Lava Lamp, Black light Poster and a large lit , Peace Symbol. We are always trying to upgrade the Museum so, there's something different & memorable. I enjoyed talking with your husband and his knowledge as well. 'Peace & Love' from our mascot, "Wally" !