“Great stay and great price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
tifton
“Great stay and great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel is conventionally located off of I-10 . Staff was great and very polite. Free parking, free wifi, and little breakfast each morning. Room was very clean and comfortable. Made for a very relaxing evening after a long day of driving. I will come here again in the near future, recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for kind and encouraging words. Happy to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Clemson, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here while in town for a conference. Very reasonably rates for clean and quiet rooms. The staff were friendly. The continental breakfast was spartan and consisted primarily of bagels and yogurt. The bed was clean and adequately comfortable. We had a little problem with the bathroom; the seal around the toilet was cracked and it smelled strongly of urine. Other than that, it was a fine little hotel. I would give it one more chance.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed in this econolodge for 5 days. The hotel is far enough to avoid all the city traffic but close enough so it is not an inconvenience. The service is great all the Front desk attendants were very courteous and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. We had a room with 2 beds (very comfortable by the way) and very clean. I loved the updated bathrooms, also the hotel looks brand new but we were told it had been there for a while. As for amenities our room had a microwave and fridge which made it easy for us to get some perishables if we did not feel like driving to town and decided to eat something on the go. The hotel also sits next to a huge lot (great for playing with your dog), while I was there I saw a couple of guests playing with their dogs and other activities so i'm assuming they allow pets in some rooms. The rates were very reasonable specially if you stay multiple nights. I would definitely recommend this hotel, it is a little hard to find but not impossible.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for kind and encouraging words. We look forward to serving you again.
Fulton, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This property sits at the end of a service drive past a couple of convenience stores. Initially we were a little skeptical. Turns out it was SUPER quiet and safe. We didn't have one single problem with either safety or noise even though it is just off I-10. There is a grassy area / shelter beside the hotel were kids could burn off some energy or you could have a picnic. The area didn't look like a "park" but more like a small event field. They were in the process of giving the old girl a face lift and the continental breakfast wasn't anything to be excited about but I would stay there again. Bottom line - Safe, Quiet, Affordable and NOT Nasty.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front face the parking area so after check in hours it's quiet. Rooms in the re...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you very for taking time to post feedback.
We look forward to serving you again.
Camas, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The room was nice, big parking for oversized trucks, but the king size BED had the PLASTIC COVER over the mattress! It was so uncomfortable and cold to sleep on :( In addition the coffee machine was dirty, the tub was gunky and the towels were yellowish.
The facility it self is nice and seems newer, but needs to be thoroughly cleaned!

• Stayed March 2014
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Twice last fall we tried to reserve a room at this hotel for an FSU football game and arrived to find that the reservation had been cancelled. The first time, the credit card that I used for the reservation had been cancelled and I had a new credit card number. I forgot about the card on file since the reservation had been made many months before. I was not notified about the cancellation, although my email address and phone were on file. I was able to secure the last room on the property by paying 4 times the price at which I had reserved the room. At that time I was not sure that the hotel was at fault but I did not have a good feeling about the honesty of the owner. The second time, I realized that my credit card used to reserve was not correct so I called Choice Hotels to change the card. I was told to notify the hotel directly. My husband called the hotel, changed the card on file, and asked for a new confirmation to be emailed to us, which it was. This was about 4 days before arrival. When we arrived, the woman at the desk, who I believe was the manager, told us our reservation had been cancelled. We tried to argue our point but she was adamant and rude and said that there were no rooms left. I finally told her that I would have to post a review on Tripadvisor and she told me that there would be repercussions to that. She was actually threatening me! Fortunately we had made an alternative reservation in Tallahassee that time so we had somewhere to stay. (By the way, the cancelled credit card was on my reservation at Staybridge Suites and the reservation was not cancelled!) I emailed Choice Hotels' customer service, and they never responded. Unbelievable!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We apologize for your experience. I am not sure which reservation being discussed many months later. Hotel is mandated buy choice systems and credit card processor restrictions. I am glad that other hotel was able to accommodate you. At times, customers do make multiple reservations at multiple properties with expired credit card.
We are looking forward to serve you in future.
New Ulm, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Like many other reviewers have said, this place is a gem. High marks on nearly every review. Those that aren't positive, seem to have basically one complaint that the owners had little control over - e.g. booking mistakes that were not the motel's fault or possible miscommunication (e.g. leaving a "do not disturb" sign on the door). This motel is MUCH better than any Econo Lodge we've ever stayed in. We booked it with Choice rewards so it was a free night but the listed price was reasonable. Large room, very clean, fridge, microwave, very comfortable beds, quiet, friendly front desk with Christmas cookies, adequate breakfast (too high carb for me), good coffee. Very convenient to I-10, Only complaint - FOX news in the breakfast room, but they changed it to CNN when we asked;-) If they must offer FOX on the channel selections, they could at least balance it with MSNBC -- or choose to not offer either;-) We're still marking this as a place to stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Ms. Judy,
You truly made a day by visiting us and giving such a gracious feedback. Out staff feels motivated to serve guests again many many years to come.
Thank you.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!