“Hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Monticello
Zachary, Louisiana
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family stopped here on the way to our Disney World vacation, and were so happy with the room and the service that we made sure to stay here again on our way back home. The management was friendly and professional, and went out of their way to be welcoming. The rooms were fresh, clean, and well-appointed, the beds were large and comfortable... I only wished that the accommodations at the mid-range Disney Resort we stayed at were a fraction as nice as this little gem. Oh, and they gave us a breakfast voucher for the little hole in the wall diner across the parking lot - let me tell you, the biscuits they served were the tastiest, most delicious griddle-fried biscuits I have ever eaten in my life, and I'm a "big-boned" lady from the Deep South, so I know a thing or two about biscuits.

Room Tip: The Interstate side was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
We cannot express how grateful we are to hear kind words. We do treasure hidden gem as a secret hotel of Jefferson County of Florida. Come and explore our hotel (7 miles from Tallahassee, Florida) and visit this unique county and enjoy historic opera house and ethnic food.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

after two exhaustive trips to Jacksonville in two weeks,, we stopped in Monticello, fla to sleep. we came in rather late and was met with courteous people that made us feel that they knew what had been through the last two weeks. during this time we had stayed in places that were more expensive and less expensive. here the room was cool, clean, comfortable , and quiet. we had the best rest that night during the two weeks. the entire room was spotless and the motel employees were fantastic ! thanks econo lodge Monticello, will stay again !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for staying at our hotel. We all work hard to keep up with the greenery and natural beautiful surrounding. We were honored to have you in our beautiful hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Friendly service throughout, clean rooms with everything we needed. Location was great having the car we were exploring the forests and coast nearby it suited us fine. Breakfast was basic but enough, some nice muffins and yogurts. For the budget price we thought it was very good value, and compared to other motels and econolodges we'be stayed at since its way better. Highly recommended to those looking for good value.

• Stayed July 2013
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We do appreciate choosing us allowing us to serve you.
we do provide quality service for economical price.
Come on again!
Hazlehurst, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

At first I was hesitant about booking because the rate was unbelievably low. The room was clean, no odd smells. The bed was very comfortable & the A/C worked very well. Check in was quick & easy & we got exactly what we requested. Non-smoking king on 1st floor. Only a couple minor details keeps me from giving it an excellent rating. The bath towels & mat were pretty threadbare & should have been replaces long ago. I tossed both packs of coffee because they had been opened. Other than those couple of items, the room was a really more than I expected for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thanks for feedback and suggestions. We will take care of suggestions.
Please visit us again.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

In September of 2012 I reserved a room at this hotel for my daughter's college graduation in May of 2013 through the Choice Hotels website. The hotel contacted me directly in April to make sure I wanted the room and I confirmed over the phone that I did. On the day I was to arrive, my daughter called to make sure my room would be ready. We were told they had no record of our reservation. The person on the phone was rude and eventually hung up on my daughter. I called Choice Hotels and they were very nice, but they never followed up on my complaint. Bottom line - if you really need a room in the area for an important event at FSU, do not use this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Econo M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We were completely sold out and there was no reservation in the system. If we had even one room to sell we would have offered you. We could not find any rooms from any hotel partner in 100 miles radius. We were sold out with FSU and FAMU visitors. We are definitely desired hotel for Football games and all the other corporate meetings/activites in Tallahassee, FL due to our easy location and no traffic to get in and out from hotel.
We apologize for inconvenience.
Thibodaux
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wanted to Thank David for the nice room 116 and an easy check in @10:30 5/23/13. Everything that I needed in room was there and a quiet stop for being so close to interstate. Shower was clean as well as the bedding. I did notice the carpet needed some attention. Black top parking lots that are resurfaced do cause this to happen. The walk way gardens were very well kept. Morgan the front desk clerk checked me out and said I hope that you come back and see us.
I let him know what needed attention and said it would be handled. I would stay here again on my next trip through here.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are always less used-climb the stairs for some exercise and get a room with less wea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
EconoLodge M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for visiting us for short stay over . We are pleased to serve you.
Port Richey, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located, easy on and off from the highway. The hotel clerk was super friendly and helpful. I booked through Priceline, and for some reason they had requested a handicap accessible room for us. The price was great, but the clerk said to call directly and she could get us comparable prices. The room was almost like new. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Very comfortable. It's hard to find budget hotels like this these days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
EconoLodge M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
It gives us immense pleasure to host guests. I am so glad that everything went perfect with the stay.

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!