“Slow Service, great food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 120 Restaurants in Miramar
Cuisines: American, French, South American, Contemporary
San Diego, California
“Slow Service, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We went for Lunch from work, really nice presentation. Limited options for vegetarian but not bad. The only issue was the time it took for the whole thing. They got some orders wrong and when they tried to correct it, it took forever.

I tried to book for dinner once and was told I had to wait for a few months.. I had no idea it took that long to get in since we did a walk in for lunch.

Visited January 2012

Plantation
“Beware - what you see is not what you get!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Unfortunately, my experience and most of the other 7 guests at my table were very disappointed in the service and food. Before going to the restaurant I checked the menu on line so that I would be prepared to order the meal that appealed to me the most. However, when ordering each course, the choices did not resemble the internet in any form whatsoever. I did not mind that the portions were small. However, I did mind that what was served was not what I expected. The first course was a tomato soup which was very bland and tasteless. There was no choice other than the tomato soup. Some of the guests at the table liked their soup after fixing it up with salt and pepper. We had to ask for bread even though other tables in the dining room were served bread right away. We were served six pieces of bread for 8 people. After asking for bread two times, the third time we asked we were told they were running out of bread and could not serve us anymore. Needless to say, even the water had a strange taste and smell. It also had to be asked for more than once.

The second course was served. I ordered the "grilled fruits and arugula salad with crispy prosciutto, shaved parmesan cheese served with a champagne vinaigrette dressing." The salad and fruit arrived minus the prosciutto and minus the parmesan cheese and minus practically any dressing. It was not very tasty nor did the meager pieces of fruit look or taste grilled.

When the main course was finally served, almost everyone was disappointed. Most of the guests at the table ordered the half rotisserie chicken which was supposed to come with a lovely sauce, baby artichokes, tomatoes and potato puree. I even asked the server if it was definitely going to be half a chicken. She replied yes. We were all served a flat chicken breast with about one tablespoon of potatoes, one cherry tomato and two tiny one inch pieces of zucchini. That's right, no baby artichokes and no half chicken. Three of the guests did not want their chicken dish because it was not what they ordered and they said it was too salty. They instead asked to be served the filet mignon prepared medium. They were each served three tiny pieces of filet. However, one guest's filet was very rare and she asked that it be cooked medium as originally requested. After about 15-20 minutes, they finally brought back her steak totally overcooked and well done with absolutely no color or juice left in it. When she informed the server about the problem, he basically ignored her. After another 10 to 15 minutes, we all were wondering when she would be served the correctly prepared filet mignon. No one ever came with another meal for her. When she inquired about it, she was reprimanded by the person in charge of the servers and the chef who told that our table already received four extra meals and that they could not do anything more for her. They said all they could do wast not charge her for her meal. There was no apology from the manager. He was rude and curt to her and basically dismissed her and did not want to hear another word about it.

We were finally served the dessert. I ordered "cookies and ice". It was supposed to be three scoops of sorbet with assorted cookies. I received two small scoops of vanilla and chocolate chip ice cream and one half of a small peanut butter cookie and one half of a small oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. I told the server that I ordered sorbet and she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. The other desserts seem to satisfy the other guests. They all ordered other desserts.

The dining room was about half full with about 7 tables. They were not extremely busy. We arrived at 6:30 p.m. and did not leave until 9:00 p.m. The food was reasonably priced if you don't mind being served a surprise entree which you did not order. It cannot be classified as gourmet by any means. We were told that this is a school and that we should not expect more. Well I defintely did expect more.

If the service and food is any indication of the quality of education you may get at this school, I would definitely be careful about investing your time and money here.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seminole, Florida
“Neat place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

This is for the students of Le Cordon Bleu school to run. It was a nice fixed price and interesting to talk with the students. The food was good and you can bring your own wine.

Visited November 2011
Miami, Florida
“Horrible experience at this restaurant!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Diners beware...Before going to this restaurant, please do your research online. You will see the dinner menu with 2 prices, 3 courses for $10 and 4 courses for $15. On arrival to the restaurant the Instructor overseeing the waiters in training students presented to me and my guest the restaurant menu. Upon reviewing the menu, the opinion for a 3 course was not available,but on the 4 course for $15.

I notified the waitress the 3 course menu was not listed on the menu. Waitress had no clue what to say and we requested we were looking to dine for 3 courses. We ordered 3 courses, dinner was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. When I received the bill, I was charged for the 4 course at $15 instead of the 3 course for $10. I caught the attention of the waitress and explain my issue in price. She went and brought over to our table the Maitre'd Instructor. Again, I had to explain my issue on my order and what i was paying for. The instructor began to speak over me and stating the price is reasonable and implied I was making a fuss over $10.00 I answered back to this poor excuse of a restaurant instructor and told him, that yes, the price is reasonable, but it is the principle of what I order and the fact that the price is listed online. The instructor simply shrugged his shoulders and stated the dinner service was for 4 courses and the price is $15. I showed this man on my phone the online menu and he dismissed it. He quickly came over toss the bill on the table and he went and hid behind the bar to do whatever. I paid the bill and before I left I told him that word of mouth goes along way especially in hospitality and food service. Again he shrugged his shoulders.

So to all, I didn't catch the Instructor name, be he is an older man( Gentleman he is not), European, tall, thin, glasses and speaks with an accent. Make sure you state what prices are being offered for dinner service. But honestly, thumbs down to the restaurant, and thumbs down to this school. I would never hire those student due to the fact they are being trained on how to be rude, no empathy and simple principle of paying what you order!

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale
“Such potential! Yet I can't get pass the lack of really any service at all.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We made reservations for 6:30 on a Friday. We were standing at the hostess stand first with about 6 other couples. The professor seemed frantic like they were way understaffed.

The food was pretty good. The soup a squash bisque was fantastic. My salad could have been phenomenal if they hadn't teased with the smalles sliver of goat cheese I had seen. My husband said the salad was like having two bites. My filet was cold, but my husbands veal shank was superb. The chocolate mouse was excellent. When we asked for coffee, it was like, "I have to ask professor if we have coffee." Huh?
Anyway, not sure we will be back anytime soon.

• Visited October 2011