“Cheaper for a Reason” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Miramar, Florida
“Cheaper for a Reason”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I am not much for words so I will bullet my disappointments:
-rooms smell (pets allowed may have something to do with it)
-no ceiling fan in bedroom
-housekeeping sprays something in the room while you are not in there and there is no regard to it getting on your belongings including your books on the desk.
-TVs are older CRTs with picture blurry.
-breakfast is substandard for Residence Inn
-mattresses are BELOW average quality and woke up with backaches each morning.

Was told they gave me the best rate, but went on Kayak.com and got same room for $30 less.

I moved twice during the stay and my complaints are consistent with each room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010 via mobile

Nice hotel as expected from a Marriott chain . But a little pricey as it's not a hot tourist location. we stayed for a week and chose this hotel because my husband had buisness nearby during our summer vacation. Have tried other options nearby during our earlier trips but the Marriott really stands out in terms of service quality.

• Stayed July 2010
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010 via mobile

The Residence Inn Miramar is overpriced....poor breakfast buffet and our stay was ANT infested....the computer area and the second floor laundry room had hundreds of the little critters......I'd love to know how they ended up in the laundry room on the SECOND floor.......room utensils in kitchen were filthy.......housekeeping didn't give is new toilet paper (two bathrooms).........guest reps less than cordial for the most part.....and the pool wasn't chlorinated and smelled like everyones sweat......will not stay here again

• Stayed August 2010
Vevey, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

- spacious room with kitchenette
- very clean
- relatively new building
- nice pool (not used temperatures too low)
- efficient check-in
- staff very friendly
- good variety at breakfast, very attentive staff ensured replenishment
- free wireless Internet for Guests

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, QC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay here 2 times in the past 2 months Obviously it was good enough the first time tthat we came back....
Note that my review might be colored by thw fact that I was here in the off-season, and got GREAT Priceline (bid prices). HAd I paid rack rates, I might have bee nmore demanding and expected more.....
The room is very spacious, clean and well-equiped with amenities to make your stay easy..... (appliances, plates, glasses and cutlery, cookware, etc...). A Family could easily stay here for an extended peirod. Free wireless thruout.
The daily breakfast was nice - altohugh a little boring after a few days of the same thing.... It does end a little early on weekdays though (9:00am).
The pool and work-out room is small - but at least it is there.
There is even a gas BBQ which we did not use, but might be handy for some.....
All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Nice new building.
Quick checkin and polite and helpful staff.
Poor sound insulation between rooms – probably the worst I have experienced in a residence inn. The guy next to me was coughing all night and the people on the other side were banging around all through the night. You can easily hear conversations, TV etc in the room adjacent.
Annoying piped music, especially around the pool.
Internet is free but very slow – tried both the WiFi and the cable and both were very slow – ok for picking up emails but not much else.
Breakfast in the morning was good but it can get a bit crowded.
Good laundry , $1.00 for wash and $1.00 for dry and the washing detergent was free.
I had a view overlooking a deserted building site but it was nice an quiet - sort out the sound coming from the adjacent rooms and it would get five stars.
Pets must be allowed as I could hear one barking on our floor at regular intervals - thankfully it was a long way from my room so it didn't disturb me too much.
Cost me $140 per nigh plus $8.40 state occupancy tax plus $7.00 occupancy sales tax for a total of $155.40 per night.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for an extended stay (3 months). The room was nice enough and comfortable. The breakfast is decent and Monday through Friday there is a sort of Happy Hour which was great. The kitchen staff were exceptional. Most of the lobby staff were pleasant and helpful.

My only complaints were that the housekeeping staff does not do very much. In the entire 3 months of our stay the carpet was only fully vacuumed once and the bathtub was never properly cleaned (there was mildew growing the entire time) and although they claim the sheets are changed every 3 days for extended stay, our sheets were not changed for weeks (there were distinguishing marks to signify that the sheets were the same). Also, twice we had an issue with someone entering our room even though we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on and tampering with our belongings. When we complained to the manager we heard 5 different stories as to what supposedly happened and then he ended with 'these things happen when you stay a while' and that we 'should just be happy the room was getting cleaned' which I did not appreciate.

My suggestion would be, if you are staying, don't make it a long visit and make sure you keep everything locked away, even if you are only leaving the room for a short period of time and don't expect any kind of help from management.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!