“The General Manager Elena Nikolova is AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Orlando, Florida
“The General Manager Elena Nikolova is AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for a mini vacay with my kids. As a mom of a special needs child (I have a 5 year old with Down Syndrome and Sensory Processing Disorder) vacations aren't always stress free. But I had the best of hopes for this mini vacay. I checked into the hotel and the woman at the front wasn't the most personable person I've ever met but she was tolerable. She took my debit card and proceeded to charge it for the amount of the stay ($373...which included the $20 per night deposit for incidentals). As the kids and I were getting settled in the room I decided to just check my account balance and I noticed that the card had been charged $433....well as a single mom I am VERY diligent with accounting for every one of my pennies and this charge only left me with $9.00 in this particular account. I immediately called down to the front desk, I must admit with an attitude, wanting to know why they had charged so much. I was then transferred to Ms. Nikolova. She explained to me that the Marriott had only gotten approval for $380. I explained to her that I was looking at my account and it CLEARLY stated $433 pending for the Residence Inn. I called PNC and I was told that when checking into a hotel THE BANK places an addition 15-25% on hold ON TOP of what the hotel asks for. I had NEVER heard of that before. I called Ms. Nikolova back, with the supervisor of the bank on the line and Ms. Nikolova told them to release the extra funds as that is not what they requested AND that is not what they got authorization for. The Bank Supervisor told her she could not manually do that because the charges were PENDING. So in an effort to help me Ms. Nikolova went ahead and charged me for the stay so that the charges would post and no longer be pending thus releasing the extra funds immediately (as that is what the bank supervisor said would happen). Ms. Nikolova said she would do it but didn't think it would work....and SHE WAS RIGHT. The bank STILL did not release the funds which would leave me with access to only $9 for the length of my stay there. After I hung up with the THIRD bank supervisor I called Ms. Nikolova back to tell her the outcome and she was VERY APOLOGETIC (over something that SHE had no control over) she said she wished she could do more and I thanked her for all of her help. About 30 minutes later I noticed something under my door....it was a $25 gift card to Publix. It brought me to tears. She had already gone out of her way to help resolve an issue that she had nothing to do with and now she took time out of her day to provide me with the gift card. She is a VERY rare individual and I hope that the Residence Inn understands and acknowledges just how lucky they are to have her as an employee!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry about the challenges you experienced with regard to the bank issue. We know how frustrating this could be while traveling.
I am very happy to hear that Elena, our General Manager was able to give you some peace of mind and assistance during this challenge. We have shared this with our organization so that others may be informed on this type of situation.
We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Simpsonville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I checked in with two of my work colleagues. Within an hour I received text messages from them that they were checking out because either the bed or the bathroom had hair and dirt that was not cleaned up. I actually made it till the next morning before I couldn't stand it anymore. There was something dirty at every turn. Especially the dishes in the mini kitchen. Maintenance is poor as is employee attitude. The final jab was the absolutely horrible breakfast. At least the TV and the AC worked.

Room Tip: go to the hilton across the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am very disappointed that your colleagues had to check out before their stay ended and that the rooms were less than perfect upon check-in and throughout the night. . We will be discussing your comments with our housekeeping staff and sharing your experience. I would like to speak with you and learn more about your incident so that we can follow up and make sure the room you and your colleagues occupied are thoroughly inspected to avoid this happening in the future. Again, I am very sorry for this challenge and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002. Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here after going to our son's high school football game in Miami. It was in a good neighborhood (which can be hard to find). The breakfast, as always, in all Residence Inns was great. The room was comfortable. We had a two bedroom with a living room and full kitchen. The pool area was clean but the light in the pool was damaged and not working at night. In the morning the gym did not have any towels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided the convenience and safety you needed and were looking for in a hotel. Thank you for mentioning the pool light. We will follow up with our maintenance at the hotel with regard to getting the pool light fixed. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL. Yours in service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The room and the breakfast were okay. However, the housekeeping staff failed to service our room. Fortunately, the kind nighttime front desk attendant was able to provide us fresh towels and offered an ice cream bar or a soda for our inconvenience, which I declined.

But the final two-star rating comes as a result of the e-mail response from the general manager to my inquiry regarding the failure to provide maid service. It read in part: "I did follow up with housekeeping and the housekeeper did go into your room to clean it. At that time my housekeeping supervisor was passing by on her regular round of checking rooms and saw the housekeeper going into the room to clean. We did lock interrogation and the lock did confirm that the housekeeping key opened your room. Again I do apologize if my staff did not clean the room up the standard you have come to expect from a Marriott property."

It matters not whether the housekeeping staff entered our room to clean it. All that matters is why we did not receive the maid service for which we paid. The response from the general manager was not productive. I expect better from Marriott.

• Stayed July 2013
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay and experience after was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am very disappointed that your room was not cleaned throughout your stay. We will be discussing your comments with our housekeeping staff and sharing your experience. Again, I am very sorry for this challenge and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002.
Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales
Elizabethtown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staying at this hotel was awesome. The room was perfect, and very comfortable. Staff met us at the elevator to take our bags and set up a crib in our room.
The decor is very modern and comfortable. The bed smelled like fresh linens and couldn't get enough of the smell.
The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel. Hot, yummy breakfast makes for a happy fun filled beach day.
Very great stay, I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pearland, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel over the thanksgiving holiday while visiting family in South Florida. This hotel is conveniently located on Miramar Parkway just off I-75, near many residential areas. It's very practical if you're visiting family nearby, but not close to the beaches. It's about a 30 minute drive down Miramar Pkwy heading east all the way to the beach.
The rooms are big, with a kitchenette and amenities for a longer stay. The rooms were clean and the staff polite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room I stayed was very clean. It's as if you were the first person to to stay in the room. Everything about the hotel is accommodating. The location is excellent, close to the shopping malls and the beaches. The value was excellent. We got it through price line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miramar
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale SW/Miramar
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar
Wingate by Wyndham Miramar
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale West / Pembroke Pines
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Pembroke Pines

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!