“Very good fast stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Miramar
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very good fast stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I actually stayed next door at the Courtyard by Marriot. I was booked at Residence inn - they said I was to stay at the next door building. That building was badged as Courtyard. I could not find Courtyard by Marriot here on Trip advisor - so - maybe they are one property - just different 'wings' of the same facility.
Anyway - Very nice property. Very eager to please. Different than most Courtyards due to the breakfast was not a buffet. You go up and order one thing 9like a breakfast sandwich, or oatmeal or whatever) and coffee. I guess I would prefer the buffet because there was little line to get served. When I was served they were more than sorry for any wait. nice as could be. Fresh made breakfast.

Big room. Fast internet. Full flow shower. Good room temperature control. NOTHING to complain about.

Room Tip: who knows...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The room and the breakfast were okay. However, the housekeeping staff failed to service our room. Fortunately, the kind nighttime front desk attendant was able to provide us fresh towels and offered an ice cream bar or a soda for our inconvenience, which I declined.

But the final two-star rating comes as a result of the e-mail response from the general manager to my inquiry regarding the failure to provide maid service. It read in part: "I did follow up with housekeeping and the housekeeper did go into your room to clean it. At that time my housekeeping supervisor was passing by on her regular round of checking rooms and saw the housekeeper going into the room to clean. We did lock interrogation and the lock did confirm that the housekeeping key opened your room. Again I do apologize if my staff did not clean the room up the standard you have come to expect from a Marriott property."

It matters not whether the housekeeping staff entered our room to clean it. All that matters is why we did not receive the maid service for which we paid. The response from the general manager was not productive. I expect better from Marriott.

• Stayed July 2013
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay and experience after was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am very disappointed that your room was not cleaned throughout your stay. We will be discussing your comments with our housekeeping staff and sharing your experience. Again, I am very sorry for this challenge and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002.
Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar, Director of Sales
Elizabethtown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Staying at this hotel was awesome. The room was perfect, and very comfortable. Staff met us at the elevator to take our bags and set up a crib in our room.
The decor is very modern and comfortable. The bed smelled like fresh linens and couldn't get enough of the smell.
The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel. Hot, yummy breakfast makes for a happy fun filled beach day.
Very great stay, I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pearland, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent three nights in this hotel over the thanksgiving holiday while visiting family in South Florida. This hotel is conveniently located on Miramar Parkway just off I-75, near many residential areas. It's very practical if you're visiting family nearby, but not close to the beaches. It's about a 30 minute drive down Miramar Pkwy heading east all the way to the beach.
The rooms are big, with a kitchenette and amenities for a longer stay. The rooms were clean and the staff polite.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room I stayed was very clean. It's as if you were the first person to to stay in the room. Everything about the hotel is accommodating. The location is excellent, close to the shopping malls and the beaches. The value was excellent. We got it through price line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as it honor our company's corporate rate and it is closed to our headquarter. The hotel is nice and clean. My King size bedroom is big with fully equipped kitchen. The front desk staff is friendly, check in & out is efficient. Publix is 2 minutes driving distance. The working area is nice and fast internet wifi speed. For one or two night stay, I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a nice hotel. we stay here for 1night to celebrated Jaylas turning 6 she had a blast with 5 other little girls stay in the pool for hours the staff at this property its wonderful . hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating were great , the rooms and amenities are good, they also offer a continental breakfast which was good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!