“Wonderful place to stay at” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Miramar
Orlando, Florida
“Wonderful place to stay at”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The room I stayed was very clean. It's as if you were the first person to to stay in the room. Everything about the hotel is accommodating. The location is excellent, close to the shopping malls and the beaches. The value was excellent. We got it through price line.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel as it honor our company's corporate rate and it is closed to our headquarter. The hotel is nice and clean. My King size bedroom is big with fully equipped kitchen. The front desk staff is friendly, check in & out is efficient. Publix is 2 minutes driving distance. The working area is nice and fast internet wifi speed. For one or two night stay, I recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a nice hotel. we stay here for 1night to celebrated Jaylas turning 6 she had a blast with 5 other little girls stay in the pool for hours the staff at this property its wonderful . hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating were great , the rooms and amenities are good, they also offer a continental breakfast which was good

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a nice hotel. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the rooms and amenities are good, but the hotel chain itself would not own up to the online price of the room. When we went online the advertised rate was $149/night + taxes. However, when we went to check out we found out that the booked rate was $169/night. When we brought this to the front desk's attention they would not correct it. The corporate feedback stated the same thing, "...if you have any proof that you booked the room at that rate we will be happy to adjust it for you." Please be wary of the bait and switch routine that this hotel chain seems to embrace.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Nice clean quiet hotel. There is a service road right behind the building that's a nice place to walk dogs. If you stay in the back on the end you're on it in a minute. There are also many sidewalks with some ponds throughout the area. Publix and Walgreens within walking distance with some nice restaurants about 5 minutes away. This was our 2nd trip here and we brought our dogs both times. The only issue on both trips was the exterior door lock didn't work reliably.

Room Tip: 1st floor back of the building if you have dogs for quick walk access.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had the worst experience at this hotel. When I first walked in the room, a foul stench immediately hit me. There were tried-to-be-cleaned vomit stains on the rug, leftover crumbs, and the closet door was off the hinge. Every morning I would hear constant door slamming from the maids coming in and out of rooms. I would never recommend this hotel nor stay in it ever again. There was no good aspect about this hotel. Traveler beware.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. I am very disappointed that your room was less than perfect upon check-in and throughout your stay. We will be discussing your comments with our housekeeping staff and sharing your experience. I would like to speak with you and learn more about your incident so that we can follow up and make sure the room you occupied is thoroughly inspected to avoid this happening in the future. Again, I am very sorry for this challenge and hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002. Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in a studio suite from April 18th 2013 through 5-4-2013 for a business trip. I so thoroughly enjoyed the clean friendly atmosphere, that I had my husband fly down and we stayed on until the 13th to relax and enjoy the area. The pool is super clean, the landscaping is resort quality! The hotel was quiet for the most part with a few families on the weekends but overa we had the pool to ourselves most days. Only 25 min from both Miami and FT Lauterdale, we loved the convienance of being able to hop back and forth and really enjoy both cities equally. I feel this Hotel is a real gem and I would definately recommend this Residence Inn over many of the pricey Miami Beach hotels I have stayed in that are old dirty and overpriced with parking,resort and wifi fees tacked on as extras. The amazing hot breakfast and even a few nights each week with modest free dinners were both convienant and delicious, not to mention FREE! In only a few days we saved enough by eating in to pay for another nights stay! I cant say enough good things! And after 25 straight days here.....if there was a negative, I would have experienced it! A super safe bet to stay here! Clean, great houskeeping,great food, clean quiet pool, good coffee available 24/7, free parking, no resort fees, free wifi, superb location, friendliest front desk staff ever, warm cookies and brownies out for guests in the evening! I kind of want to just move in permanently! Check them out! You will not be sorry!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided you with all the comforts needed during your long stay. We know how important it is to be comfortable and relaxed while away from home. Our goal is to make sure you have the best stay ever and we are happy to hear that you did. We will be sure to share with the staff your comments and experience. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!