“be carefull when checking out, make sure an employee takes a look at the room with you” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar

$50 Spa Package
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Miramar
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

went to this hotel everything was as expected for a hotel like this. it looks nice on the outside but it's kind of old in the inside. some of the staff are nice people. the problem with the hotel started after the checkout.
I checked my bank statement a day after coming back from my trip and I see two charges posted on my card made by the hotel (I pay the room in advance). so I decided to give them a call and ask why I was charge ($400+). the first charge was 250 smoking fee (which I did not) and the other charge they did not have any clue. they asked me to call next day so that I could speak to a manager.

after speaking to the manager she didn't have a clue what the second charge was for, so she asked if she could call me back. later she called an said that the second charge was only a hold in my account (they only mentioned a hold of $60 dollars during checking) and the smoking fee was because they found ashes and cigarette butts in the room. I asked for proof of this and they send pictures( including only the cigarette butts). I know it was my mistake not bringing an employee to my room during the checkout to make sure everything was ok. I guess it could have been worst, they could have claimed that the TV was missing, and then charged me for that as well.

during my visit they failed to clean my room and change the towels. so please if you are considering using this hotel or any other hotel MAKE sure you bring an employee to inspect your room upon checkout, otherwise you have no proof that everything was OK.

I'll make sure everyone knows what type of dishonest and unprofessional this hotel is!

with the money they charged me, I would have happily pay for a similar hotel on Miami Beach.

Room Tip: bring a staff member upon checkout so they can inspect the room on your presence. otherwise you will...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than pleasant. Our goal is that every one of our guests experience the best stay ever at our hotel and it saddens me to hear that your stay was not. It is our policy that 2 supervisors verify that there was smoking evidence because of Marriott’s smoke free environment policy we have to keep all rooms to the same standard for all of our guests. I would like for you to give us another try in the future and I would be delighted in assisting you with your reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is a great hotel rooms were clean and well mantian. Front desk staff were great. Breakfast was good. Only one thing I would like to see added another ice machine we stayed on the second floor and had to go to first floor to get ice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry the location of the ice machine was inconvenient. I would like to share for future stays that the ice machines are located on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Floors. You can request to be located on any of these. It will be my pleasure to assist in making sure your future reservations reflect your need to be closer to the ice machines. If you need any assistance with making accommodations, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel 954-450-2717 ext. 6002. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Yours in Service, Cristina Andujar
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a good stay at this Residence Inn. Service and staff were very efficient and friendly. Especially Arlene at the frontdesk who was very helpfull even at 2am, with giving directions to several locations I had to go, being my first time in Miramar. I give this property 4 stars, since the only ''small'' part missing are newer and modern furniture. In general as a gold member rewards, I can see myself returning to this property. Easy to find. Great shopping and dining in the area, and around a 15 min drive to Sawgrass mills mall I can say it has a very good location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided the convenience you needed. We will be sure to share with Arlene your comments and thank her for going above and beyond with our guest. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Windsor, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We wanted to be close to the Port of Miami for a cruise and found this location exactly suited. About 40 minutes to the Port. Room rate cheaper than Miami airport, good value for money here. Meanwhile, nearby restaurants took care of us. Re the Inn, checkin staff were friendly, had our paperwork ready and explained nearby attractions. Our room had a fridge, stove and plenty of kitchen needs. One issue was that our ground floor room had the fire escape diagram on the door for a 5th floor location when the Inn does not have a 5th floor. We advised the staff and the head on duty checked it out and promised to rectify immediately. Breakfast was good, only wish they would have used real scrambled eggs. Everything else offered was perfect. Yes, would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided the convenience you needed. I am also delighted that our staff made you feel right at home. It is our goal to provide our guests with the best hotel stay ever! In addition, thank you for letting us know about the diagram in your room and I deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have casued. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had 2 rooms.....both were 1 bedroom suites - the kind where the bedroom can be closed off to the living/kitch area. Both rooms were pretty clean and the beds were comfy! I will say the walls were a tad thin.....we were in town to participate in the Color Me Rad 5k and we had to get up pretty early.....noisy hallways were an issue but, just a minor one! The staff was very nice and helpful. The location was very convenient and everything we needed was close by. There was an issue with the billing for our last night but, it was corrected within 3 or 4 days of my phonecall. We are coming back to the area next month and I am pretty sure this is where we will stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate you taking out time to review our hotel and provide us with comments on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our location provided the convenience you needed. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Miramar FL.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I was not expecting such a pleasant stay in Miramar so i'm happy to report that this is a very nice hotel with plenty going on around the area.
The room was like a small suite with a lounge and kitchen,big bathroom and queen size bed. Breakfast and wifi were included which is a bonus. With ample parking, friendly staff and nice common areas this hotel ticked all the boxes for me over two nights this weekend.
The bonus is that less than a mile away are more shops and restaurants than you could possibly need and it's just off the 75 for easy access.
I used to get rooms for $100 a few years back but those days seem to have gone. This was a bit more but worth every penny

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to host you at our hotel again. Our goal at the Residence Inn by Marriott Miramar is that you have the BEST STAY EVER! We will share your experience with our staff and continue in our mission to not only meet your needs but to exceed your expectations!
Pine Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Residence Inn Miramar on Saturday, January 12, 2013 while visiting family just a few miles away. The hotel is nice, newer and with ample parking. Check in was prompt, friendly and efficient; our room, a studio suite, was clean, well appointed and with every necessary amenity. The bed, a queen, was not to my liking but then again I suppose we could have stayed elsewhere and paid a good deal more. Breakfast was very, very nice and the breakfast area was large and uncrowded. A thoroughly pleasant stay in a hotel I would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: There are at least two buildings. Ours was reached by proceeding directly through the main floor lob...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
guestsnumberonefan, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to host you at our hotel again. We are very happy to hear that the hotel met your needs in providing a great customer experience for you and your wife. Our goal is to make sure that you experience the best stay ever while at our hotel and while visiting Miramar FL. Please feel free to contact me should you need future accommodations. Cristina.andujar@whitelodging.com

Been to Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar? Share your experiences!