went to this hotel everything was as expected for a hotel like this. it looks nice on the outside but it's kind of old in the inside. some of the staff are nice people. the problem with the hotel started after the checkout.
I checked my bank statement a day after coming back from my trip and I see two charges posted on my card made by the hotel (I pay the room in advance). so I decided to give them a call and ask why I was charge ($400+). the first charge was 250 smoking fee (which I did not) and the other charge they did not have any clue. they asked me to call next day so that I could speak to a manager.
after speaking to the manager she didn't have a clue what the second charge was for, so she asked if she could call me back. later she called an said that the second charge was only a hold in my account (they only mentioned a hold of $60 dollars during checking) and the smoking fee was because they found ashes and cigarette butts in the room. I asked for proof of this and they send pictures( including only the cigarette butts). I know it was my mistake not bringing an employee to my room during the checkout to make sure everything was ok. I guess it could have been worst, they could have claimed that the TV was missing, and then charged me for that as well.
during my visit they failed to clean my room and change the towels. so please if you are considering using this hotel or any other hotel MAKE sure you bring an employee to inspect your room upon checkout, otherwise you have no proof that everything was OK.
I'll make sure everyone knows what type of dishonest and unprofessional this hotel is!
with the money they charged me, I would have happily pay for a similar hotel on Miami Beach.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Sw/Miramar Hotel Miramar
- Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Sw/Miramar Hotel
- Residence Inn Miramar
- Miramar Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Miramar is conveniently located between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, and just minutes from sandy beaches, shopping at Sawgrass Mills, restaurants, and the sporting venues for the Heat, the Marlins, the Dolphins, and the Panthers. Guest rooms feature full kitchens, spacious work areas, complimentary high-speed Internet Access, and luxurious bedding. The property also offers complimentary hot breakfast and evening reception, a heated outdoor pool, fitness room, and is even pet-friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW / Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.